The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Electricity Prices

Electricity Prices

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Still don't get it, tapp

>>I am sorry i didnt uhderstand when you said plan. this of course would be rudds emmission trading scheme.<<

Was this in response to my question "Which plans are these, tapp?"

Which was asked because you have still not justified the statement in your opening post:

>>We have all seen that the cost of electricity is going up especially in NSW by 64% over 3 years due to Rudds plans.<<

Where is the evidence that:

i) electricity prices are going to increase by "64%"

ii) "the cost of electricity is going up especially in NSW"

iii) that these increases are "due to Rudds plans"

I'm happy to debate an issue when the arguments are on the table to be examined. But at the moment, all I can see is a bit of political grandstanding.

On the basis that you are careless with figures, vague in your accusations and unable to answer a direct question, you will make a fantastic politician, tapp.
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 12 April 2010 8:44:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Mr Tapp,

I appreciate your patience and your explanations.

I wish you every success in your political
endeavours.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 12 April 2010 8:46:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"I will not vote for either of them again", said Arjay.

Hard luck... the voting system requires you to place you final preference somewhere.

So, ultimately, you will vote for one or the other of the major parties, or just abandon voting altogether.

We need something like the Tasmaniacs system, where independents might have a chance.
Posted by The Blue Cross, Monday, 12 April 2010 11:05:16 AM
Pericles
obviously i do not know if you read newspapers or see the tv media or even know what is going on in federal parliament

but due to cost of commiting to an ets the cost of carbon pricing etc.

The 64% is over 3 years in NSW so we can say about to make it easy 20% per yaer for the next 3 years.
This has been well documented in the media in NSW.

This was staed and i will find it for you give me a couple of days where it stated that prices were to increase due to the ets.

Yes it was responce to your question as you did ask what plans were these.

Careless in my figures well you will have to blame that on the NSW labor government if the figure of 64% is incorrect.

Grandstanding no , just vague with the question that was originally asked, but quite happy to answer any questions.

What have you heard or in fact which state do you live in.
Posted by tapp, Monday, 12 April 2010 11:36:21 AM
As I understand it, the recent electricity price rises in NSW are to pay to update dated infrastructure. But just wait. These prices rises are just the slightest taste of what the dark greens have in mind for everyone.

RawMustard
Thanks for interesting link. It reminds me so much of the periodic outbreaks of religious hysteria in Christendom during the last two thousand years. Although the new religion disavows Christianity, yet there are so many strong parallels: the belief in a paradise of no natural scarcity ("sustainability"), the belief that man's sin of materiality is at the root of the whole problem ("consumerism"), the belief in self-abnegation as the way to deliverance, the belief in a multi-national corporation responsible for collective piety and able to commune with the ineffable Great Spirit; on and on. It would be interesting to see a detailed study of the parallels. As someone said in OLO a while back, the whole thing is really worthy of a chapter in Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds.
Posted by Peter Hume, Monday, 12 April 2010 2:46:34 PM
Take your time, tapp.

>>obviously i do not know if you read newspapers or see the tv media or even know what is going on in federal parliament but due to cost of commiting to an ets the cost of carbon pricing etc. The 64% is over 3 years in NSW so we can say about to make it easy 20% per yaer for the next 3 years. This has been well documented in the media in NSW. This was staed and i will find it for you give me a couple of days where it stated that prices were to increase due to the ets.<<

You say "this has been well documented", yet you need "a couple of days" to find the information upon which you started the thread.

>>We have all seen that the cost of electricity is going up especially in NSW by 64% over 3 years due to Rudds plans<<

As I pointed out, my own experience is of relatively stable prices over the past three years. So if we are going to see a 64% increase, I for one am interested.

It really would help, though, to provide the references inside the original piece. Then we wouldn't have to scrabble around trying to find out whether you are making a genuine point that we can all discuss, or simply blowing smoke.
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 12 April 2010 4:07:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy