The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Racial voilence set to explode

Racial voilence set to explode

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
The attacks on Indian students were carried out by other ethnics. Not sure why you would think it was white race crime. The police said it was not racially motivated though they get that wrong often enough.
Posted by TheMissus, Saturday, 12 December 2009 9:08:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
StG,
Australia used to have a fairly efficient system that prevented the rise of ignoramuses & bludgers. i.e. form a society of responsible thinking & bhaving citizens. It was called Military Service. If that great big oaf & his ignorant cronies in the 70's hadn't done away with it I'm sure we'd be a more constructive mob than we are. If both the Government & the Opposition got together right now & introduced a National (not military) Service for EVERYONE 18 to 19 for twelve months we'd see an improvement in our society on all fronts. This should include those with residential status also. Then up to age 40 EVERYONE should have to give 3 days a year of National Service in the field not of their competence & expertise. I guarantee you that you'd see an improvement in people's attitude within one term. This would reflect in a much nicer Australia such as the one we had before 1972.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 12 December 2009 9:09:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good on you Oscar for raising your concerns here. Walk with me is grossly out of line to lambast you for simply raising the issue.

<< Multiculturalism does not work. >>

In a healthy vibrant society with a high quality of life, it does, up to a point. But when stresses start to manifest themselves, factures appear in all sorts of areas, not least within multiculturalism.

<< We cannot sustain our population. >>

Hopefully we can sustain our present population. But we sure as hell can’t sustain a massive continuous increase.

<< Why should they come here to use up our services and health system, not to mention the education system? >>

They shouldn’t. But much more to the point – our stupid politicians shouldn’t be facilitating it. We’ve got to direct our discontent at dumb decision-makers, not at immigrants. Yes I know that is easy to say, but a little more difficult perhaps if you are a Melbournian who travels by train every day.
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 12 December 2009 10:04:21 AM
Dear Oscar,

Another thought provoking thread
from you.

I don't think that anyone can deny the fact
that violence exists in our society.
Be it domestic violence, sports violence,
school violence, youth violence, gang violence,
criminal violence or any agression violence.

Most of us would have seen the Government sponsored
TV adds that encourage people to take responsibility
for their actions (and those of their friends) in order
to avoid confrontational situations that would result
in violence.

We've discussed the issue of better training
for police officers
to get rid of the "shoot to kill" mentality previously
on OLO. As well as the violent crimes
on taxi-drivers and foreign students.

Media reports on violence are increasing.
"Schoolies" weeks are no longer considered
as fun by local communities.
Travel by train at night is becoming a risk-
taking activity. And the lists go on.

All these things indicate that we as a society
need to provide
an insightful and balanced understanding of the causes
of violent crime and violent behaviour.

Finger pointing and scapegoating is not going to solve
the problems. A better understanding of the causes
might help towards finding ways in which the problems
can be alleviated and we can all enjoy the benefits
of living in a less violent country.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 12 December 2009 10:43:26 AM
Oscar.

“’If you travel on a Melbourne Metropolitan train and removed all the people that are travelling due to being an immigrant, or a refugee, or an international student, then the transport system would not be overcrowded’’.
That was the piece that got under my skin. and yes, I withdraw my comment to you with full apologies. As I read it, it sounded that you were the bigot. Population of our cities on the other hand are of great concern and not what colour is in it.

Can you tell what other trigger,s for the assaults if its not racial in origin? The fact is, these visitors do work quite hard for there place in the Australian society and by these handful of thugs, its only going to separate and fuel an already overcrowded Australian land. Again! its a rock and a hard place when it come to how white Australians take their futures when it comes to education, just have a look at schoolies week, don't they love to party and get drunk out of their minds.

All I saw with your post, was big giant wedge.

But yes, I was out of line.

Sorry.
Posted by walk with me, Saturday, 12 December 2009 11:29:18 AM
StG,
Australia used to have a fairly efficient system that prevented the rise of ignoramuses & bludgers. i.e. form a society of responsible thinking & bhaving citizens. It was called Military Service. If that great big oaf & his ignorant cronies in the 70's hadn't done away with it I'm sure we'd be a more constructive mob than we are. If both the Government & the Opposition got together right now & introduced a National (not military) Service for EVERYONE 18 to 19 for twelve months we'd see an improvement in our society on all fronts. This should include those with residential status also. Then up to age 40 EVERYONE should have to give 3 days a year of National Service in the field not of their competence & expertise. I guarantee you that you'd see an improvement in people's attitude within one term. This would reflect in a much nicer Australia such as the one we had before 1972.Posted by individual, Saturday, 12 December 2009 9:09:25 AM

Individual is right on the money but your being a bit soft. IMO, If you fail at school, 4 years military or work for the dole for a pisses 240.00 bucks a fortnight. Those choices and only those, will bring the education level up.
This country is going down the drain, cause not one of you Canberra so-called leaders can see the powder keg that's about to explode!

So you copied The USA,s stand on raising children, give them rights,lol, and now its all coming back to bite us all in the ass.

Its like there's a conspiracy to allow civil unrest
to grow for the purposes of the next world war.

Something really stinks here.
Posted by walk with me, Saturday, 12 December 2009 1:20:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy