The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Racial voilence set to explode

Racial voilence set to explode

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
If it is, we need to consider that we are no different, on this subject to any other nation.
The recent attacks on Indian and Pakistani students is increasing and attacks on taxi drivers is also increasing, however the racial attacks are aimed at all Hindu Asian nations that include Bangladesh and Shri- Lanka, and other nations from this region

At the moment, this is a huge issue in terms of refugees, immigration and how we can sustain our growing population.
The recent attacks can be a sign that certain segments of ‘’White Australia’’ do not want any more immigration or international students allowed into the country. This extreme element will continue to use violence against these cultural backgrounds that will also include prejudice against African races that are now residing in our major cities.
Talking with people within our community’s, one can find many reasons for this.
Multiculturalism does not work.
We cannot sustain our population.
Why should they come here to use up our services and health system, not to mention the education system?
I could go on and on with the various reasons.
The recent White supremacy groups attending gatherings is an alarm to some, however these people react to the present increase in foreign cultures. They use hate and intimidation but the truth is they want to preserve the ‘’White race and culture’’ like other cultures and races fight to preserve their own, it has been said though that they use the wrong methods to do so.
I recently had this observation put to me.
“’If you travel on a Melbourne Metropolitan train and removed all the people that are travelling due to being an immigrant, or a refugee, or an international student, then the transport system would not be overcrowded’’.
I thought about this and considered if this is a racial standpoint, or a fact.
Is it time that these debates were not victims of paranoid claims of racism and debated as intellectual debates?
Moreover, is the violence a result of not being heard within such a debate?
Posted by oscar the grouch, Friday, 11 December 2009 7:58:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well, I can see why nobody has touched this thread, and is "racial violence set to explode"? it will with idiots like you posting crap like this! Now look at it this way. If you get caught punching someones head in, you will just play strait into the hands of the law and jail is where you red-neck white USA copy cats will end up( KKK groups, piss-off ). These visitors work hard and Australia need this in order to keep up with the growing worlds of involvement. These oversea,s people have the guts to give schooling ago, cant say that about some white Australians now can we?
This country will fall apart if we don't keep up with the brains flow, or is she,ll be right, just to hard-wired into the Aussie minds? I,ve seen you lot thinking life is some sort of a joke with your gangster criminal attitudes, so you were convicts 200 years ago! its over Skippy.
Get back to school and stop being a bunch of drop-kicks.

Your giving the government no choice.

You want your Australia back? WORK FOR IT. You hurt them, they win. We all work and all win.

Only a small majority, thank god. ( drop-kicks )

Iam white by the way, so snap-out of it Oscar!
Posted by walk with me, Saturday, 12 December 2009 1:46:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
walk with me,
You're both right & wrong ! Difficult situation yes. It's a bit like concrete. You can throw in sand, cement & water but if you're not mixing it by stirring you're left with a useless blob.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 12 December 2009 6:37:44 AM
I have an idea that there is more behind the violence than being racial.
Just last night 2 bangladesh; people were attacked by 2 whites in full view of bystanders. The 2 dark people were carrying shopping bags.
I suspect it has something with road rage. A build up of anger from previous occasions.
Lately the police with number plate recognition have picked up a female driver in a car park with out standing fines of $45,000. Mixing with a serial pest on the road is enough to make anyone mad.
Posted by Desmond, Saturday, 12 December 2009 6:51:26 AM
This is for ''Walk with Me''.
You say,and i quote ''Well, I can see why nobody has touched this thread, and is "racial violence set to explode"? it will with idiots like you posting crap like this!''.

Do you call everybody idiots that start debates that you dont like.
I am actually quite offended by your comment.As far as i am concearned this is a legitimate debate and if your going to insult everyone don't post.
And dont think that everyone is some redneck for asking certain questions.

The bottom of the post sums up people like you.
Paronoid idiots that claim racism everytime somebody asks questions of fact.

Don't post if you have nothing constructive to say.
And dont leave long winded post after post now after this one just to argue with me.
It will only make you look like a redneck.
Last time i looked this was for free opinions,not insults.
Posted by oscar the grouch, Saturday, 12 December 2009 7:04:29 AM
Violence against anyone by anyone else should be first called what it is: a crime. Just because one person of one racial origin attacks another from another origin that doesn't necessarily mean it's racial in intent and shouldn't be labelled as such until the intent is established by the police. Otherwise you're creating ammo for bigots, racists, and the ignorant just through scare mongering.

There needs to be harsher sentencing for EVERYONE. IF you're not born here, then deport the habitual offenders. I believe they do that anyway if the crime is serious enough.
Posted by StG, Saturday, 12 December 2009 7:47:44 AM
The attacks on Indian students were carried out by other ethnics. Not sure why you would think it was white race crime. The police said it was not racially motivated though they get that wrong often enough.
Posted by TheMissus, Saturday, 12 December 2009 9:08:52 AM
StG,
Australia used to have a fairly efficient system that prevented the rise of ignoramuses & bludgers. i.e. form a society of responsible thinking & bhaving citizens. It was called Military Service. If that great big oaf & his ignorant cronies in the 70's hadn't done away with it I'm sure we'd be a more constructive mob than we are. If both the Government & the Opposition got together right now & introduced a National (not military) Service for EVERYONE 18 to 19 for twelve months we'd see an improvement in our society on all fronts. This should include those with residential status also. Then up to age 40 EVERYONE should have to give 3 days a year of National Service in the field not of their competence & expertise. I guarantee you that you'd see an improvement in people's attitude within one term. This would reflect in a much nicer Australia such as the one we had before 1972.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 12 December 2009 9:09:25 AM
Good on you Oscar for raising your concerns here. Walk with me is grossly out of line to lambast you for simply raising the issue.

<< Multiculturalism does not work. >>

In a healthy vibrant society with a high quality of life, it does, up to a point. But when stresses start to manifest themselves, factures appear in all sorts of areas, not least within multiculturalism.

<< We cannot sustain our population. >>

Hopefully we can sustain our present population. But we sure as hell can’t sustain a massive continuous increase.

<< Why should they come here to use up our services and health system, not to mention the education system? >>

They shouldn’t. But much more to the point – our stupid politicians shouldn’t be facilitating it. We’ve got to direct our discontent at dumb decision-makers, not at immigrants. Yes I know that is easy to say, but a little more difficult perhaps if you are a Melbournian who travels by train every day.
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 12 December 2009 10:04:21 AM
Dear Oscar,

Another thought provoking thread
from you.

I don't think that anyone can deny the fact
that violence exists in our society.
Be it domestic violence, sports violence,
school violence, youth violence, gang violence,
criminal violence or any agression violence.

Most of us would have seen the Government sponsored
TV adds that encourage people to take responsibility
for their actions (and those of their friends) in order
to avoid confrontational situations that would result
in violence.

We've discussed the issue of better training
for police officers
to get rid of the "shoot to kill" mentality previously
on OLO. As well as the violent crimes
on taxi-drivers and foreign students.

Media reports on violence are increasing.
"Schoolies" weeks are no longer considered
as fun by local communities.
Travel by train at night is becoming a risk-
taking activity. And the lists go on.

All these things indicate that we as a society
need to provide
an insightful and balanced understanding of the causes
of violent crime and violent behaviour.

Finger pointing and scapegoating is not going to solve
the problems. A better understanding of the causes
might help towards finding ways in which the problems
can be alleviated and we can all enjoy the benefits
of living in a less violent country.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 12 December 2009 10:43:26 AM
Oscar.

“’If you travel on a Melbourne Metropolitan train and removed all the people that are travelling due to being an immigrant, or a refugee, or an international student, then the transport system would not be overcrowded’’.
That was the piece that got under my skin. and yes, I withdraw my comment to you with full apologies. As I read it, it sounded that you were the bigot. Population of our cities on the other hand are of great concern and not what colour is in it.

Can you tell what other trigger,s for the assaults if its not racial in origin? The fact is, these visitors do work quite hard for there place in the Australian society and by these handful of thugs, its only going to separate and fuel an already overcrowded Australian land. Again! its a rock and a hard place when it come to how white Australians take their futures when it comes to education, just have a look at schoolies week, don't they love to party and get drunk out of their minds.

All I saw with your post, was big giant wedge.

But yes, I was out of line.

Sorry.
Posted by walk with me, Saturday, 12 December 2009 11:29:18 AM
StG,
Australia used to have a fairly efficient system that prevented the rise of ignoramuses & bludgers. i.e. form a society of responsible thinking & bhaving citizens. It was called Military Service. If that great big oaf & his ignorant cronies in the 70's hadn't done away with it I'm sure we'd be a more constructive mob than we are. If both the Government & the Opposition got together right now & introduced a National (not military) Service for EVERYONE 18 to 19 for twelve months we'd see an improvement in our society on all fronts. This should include those with residential status also. Then up to age 40 EVERYONE should have to give 3 days a year of National Service in the field not of their competence & expertise. I guarantee you that you'd see an improvement in people's attitude within one term. This would reflect in a much nicer Australia such as the one we had before 1972.Posted by individual, Saturday, 12 December 2009 9:09:25 AM

Individual is right on the money but your being a bit soft. IMO, If you fail at school, 4 years military or work for the dole for a pisses 240.00 bucks a fortnight. Those choices and only those, will bring the education level up.
This country is going down the drain, cause not one of you Canberra so-called leaders can see the powder keg that's about to explode!

So you copied The USA,s stand on raising children, give them rights,lol, and now its all coming back to bite us all in the ass.

Its like there's a conspiracy to allow civil unrest
to grow for the purposes of the next world war.

Something really stinks here.
Posted by walk with me, Saturday, 12 December 2009 1:20:00 PM
Oscar,
I disagree with your analisis of the racial violence situation.

Unless you are deliberately trying to stir, you have simply accepted what the early media reports said about the attacks on Indian students in Sydney and Melbourne. By ommission of the attackers ethnicity in was indicated that the attackers were white anglo Aussies. Later info revealed that, mainly, the attackers were Lebs, in Sydney, and Africians, in Melbourne, and the motives were robbery. No doubt racist slurs were made during the robberies, but they were after the students Ipods and laptops mainly.

I was very dissappointed that our politicians and police allowed the implication of racist attacks by ommission of ethnicity.

I follow the news fairly closely and have not seen anything about 'white supremist' gangs or groups for a long time.

There have been instances of clashes between different ethnic groups in Western Sydney. Asian and Leb gangs fight from time to time and even different Asian gangs clash. Last May there were some serious clashes between Sri Lankans involving up to 50 blokes and included a home invasion where bones were broken and acid was poured over a bloke. This happened after the defeat of the Tamils and nothing since so, hopefully, it has died down.

I would not be surprized if the Croats and Serbs had another clash at the tennis at this years Open. I could be wrong, but I know of no other rising tensions.
Posted by Banjo, Saturday, 12 December 2009 1:21:21 PM
Banjo,

I don't differentiate between ethnicities if they have Australian passports or entitled to them, they are Aussies...full stop.
I do however, agree that OTG's analysis is flawed.
I'm old enough to have seen all this before, and sadly, we'll see it again with the next lot of noticeably different faces.

All
I would throw in a wild card and suggest that the attitudes in OTG's post are really referred anger/fear. In short emotional scapegoating.

I find any argument (particularly racial), that attempts to project the extremes as grounds for a generalized opinion no more than prejudice in a different form.

Either way it lacks perspective, objectivity and indeed seems to be either STIRING or unthought through.
Posted by examinator, Saturday, 12 December 2009 7:42:50 PM
The one thing I just can not get me head around with 'multi culturalisum' is the fact that we are inviting religious infussed violence into our country.

While there are many religious people within the 'natural Australian population, you would be hard pressed to find just one who would die for their religion.

So, why bring these thousand + year old cultures to our shores, when we know they will bring trouble.

If you wish to come to Australia, you must respect our way of life and want to be an Australian I say. Otherwise, go somewhere else or stay home!

Try going to their country and living our lives and see how far you get! You will be lucky if you don't get shot dead.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 12 December 2009 8:58:22 PM
Dear Examinator,

''All
I would throw in a wild card and suggest that the attitudes in OTG's post are really referred anger/fear. In short emotional scapegoating.

I find any argument (particularly racial), that attempts to project the extremes as grounds for a generalized opinion no more than prejudice in a different form.''

Trying to bring me out of the closet as some racial hypocrite hiding behind an illusion.

The only anger/fear that I have is from people like you turning everything into a racial argument, and that’s exactly what you have done.
One of my greatest crusades is for Aboriginal rights and when I finish my degree, I hope to turn that into a reality. I just hope I can achieve action within real philosophical debate without the interference from hobby psychologists such as you pretending to know all about everyone and their secret fears.
Well then I must be really racist to put myself through years of schooling to act on my ‘’ secret fears’’, or should I say contradict them.

Gee, I must be revealing your hidden anger towards us all.
What would you say about the post from REHCTUB, would you call him a racist with secret fears for this opinion, which by the way is the opinion of the majority.
We must be one big racist country then.

‘’ The one thing I just can not get me head around with 'multi culturalism' is the fact that we are inviting religious infused violence into our country.

While there are many religious people within the 'natural Australian population, you would be hard pressed to find just one who would die for their religion.

So, why bring these thousand + year old cultures to our shores, when we know they will bring trouble.

If you wish to come to Australia, you must respect our way of life and want to be an Australian I say. Otherwise, go somewhere else or stay home!

Try going to their country and living our lives and see how far you get! You will be lucky if you don't get shot dead.’’
Posted by oscar the grouch, Sunday, 13 December 2009 9:07:07 AM
Oh yes and i forgot.

Dear BANJO.

You said

'' I follow the news fairly closely and have not seen anything about 'white supremist' gangs or groups for a long time ''.

You must not follow the news as well as you think because if you did you would know that there was a recent white supremist group meeting in melbourne that was plastered on all the news services and in all the main papers,even with photos.
This metting has something to do with the Australian discussion board of Stormfront.

I just love a good debate with people that know nothing about what they say they do.

To use a line from Al Bundy to sum up.

''Im a havin fun''.
Posted by oscar the grouch, Sunday, 13 December 2009 9:16:49 AM
Examinator

That is a strange way to define race or ethnicity..if you have an Australian passport you are what race then? Australian? I have noticed this excuse for non-whites but will not buy it until it also includes whites. Otherwise it is well..racist!

Also the opening post mentioned the attacks on Hindu and implied this was a sign of white supremecy so it was incorrect assumption so Banjo's post was valid in context.
Posted by TheMissus, Sunday, 13 December 2009 10:41:11 AM
OTG,

You said "Racial voilence (sic)set to explode" you introduced the racial, element not me.

I did not accuse you of being a racist! I said you were either stirring or hadn't thought your words through. I stand by this assessment.

I think my point is clear, your analysis is over the top.
Based on the extreme examples, not the norm.

As I also said in the same post,
'.... OTG's analysis is flawed.
I'm old enough to have seen all this before, and sadly, we'll see it again with the next lot of noticeably different faces.'

I would add that both you and particularly rehctub seem to confusing culture with race. The two are two totally separate subjects.

I am genetically a Latvian raised by Anglo Saxon. I can assure you I share no cultural affinity to Latvia or Latvians, I am Aussie, for better or worse.

Even if you were referring culture clash, you both still need to consider the Creole Effect.
This shows that when two cultures meet they both change forming a new culture, that is neither truly one nor the other. Look around, how many 3-4th generation genetic Italians still are still essentially Italian? Time is the mix-master. this change is pure evolution, adapt or perish.

It is sheer emotional misplaced fear of loss, that rejects the inevitable.

Look at English culture and language, it is an amalgam of how many outside influences?

What won't change is the Aussie cultural fingerprint. We, regardless of introduced cultures will be unique in that 'our' culture will reflect 'our' experiences and influences as a national culture.

As for hating everyone else. nonsense! I have a different perspective that's all. good luck in your future ambitions.
Posted by examinator, Sunday, 13 December 2009 11:10:53 AM
The missus,

Huh? I said if one has *or is entitled* to (have)an Australian *passport* (not visa). That includes white, brown, black and bald and not so bald headed babies born here.

Regardless of if they have one or not. My adopted mum is of 4th generation Anglo Saxon Australian, has never had a passport, but is entitled to have one (she's white).
Posted by examinator, Sunday, 13 December 2009 12:43:39 PM
Oscar,
I am certainly not aware of any recent reports about any white supremist groups. I read the 3 main nespapers daily (smh, DT and Aus) and at least 2 TV evening news programes, including ABC, in NSW and have not seen anything on that. Nor anything on several blogs I read daily.

Can you supply a link to the reports?

I think any white supremist groups are totally insignificant and very small in number. Meetings of such could be held in a phone box.

Examinator,
If what you say were only true about any person being Aissie if eligible for a passport. The problem is that even after 3 generations these people do not see themselves as Aussies, but still of the original culture, just living here. The Lebs, for example, boost openly about being Lebs, while the Serbs and Croats still fight over issues many generations and decades back. Occurances in countries far removed from Aus and our culture.

We are to blame for this by encourageing the flawed ideology of multiculturalism, which has simply divided us into various tribes. We actively encouaged the retention of their old cultures, warts and all.

As well we seem to turrn a blind eye to some illegal and anti social behaviour by some ethnic groups.

We now have dropped the MC ideology and should be pushing integration much more. I see this government has started to talk about 'social inclusion' but no detailed explaination as yet. Interesting to see how that concept developes.
Posted by Banjo, Sunday, 13 December 2009 2:31:51 PM
Examinator

I seriously disgaree, if a race hate crime occurs it must be taken seriously. One cannot wish wash over it by suggesting there are no races. Unlike religion one does not have a choice over what race or racial features they may have. There is racism toward Indigenous for example. I have witnessed it and I am not one for calling any little trivial thing racism. I mean serious malicous racism. It has to be treated seriously.
Posted by TheMissus, Sunday, 13 December 2009 3:22:23 PM
The missus,

Who said I was washing over it? the crime is exactly the same as a person with a deformed arm, or fat being vilified etc. The same as you rightly say for colour of skin or shape of eyes. Do the first two if they get a beating is it any less/more painful or abhorrent because their skin colour? As Shakespeare put it "if you prick me (them) do I(they) not bleed"

Making the distinction in the media or OLO etc tends to foster discrimination of colour rather than focusing on the abhorrent behaviour of *individuals*.

Even on this topic one poster shifted the blame of the assaults onto another ethnic group. How does this help the community? It put yet another group on the defensive all because of a minority. It is the *act* that is intolerable regardless of the prejudiced reason.

Like I said "I've seen it many times before and I'll see it with the next lot of different faces." Is it acceptable? no! Is it time to Marshall the the army, riot squads to cope with Indian style cultural prejudices....nah
Posted by examinator, Sunday, 13 December 2009 6:31:35 PM
Hi all.
Now we are all starting to make sence.
Good posts,good stuff to think about.

Banjo

'' Can you supply a link to the reports? ''

The Herald Sun a couple of weeks ago had a double page spread of a recent metting,a very large metting too I might ad.

Also

Banjo posted this in reponce to Examinator

'' Examinator,
If what you say were only true about any person being Aussie if eligible for a passport. The problem is that even after 3 generations these people do not see themselves as Aussies, but still of the original culture, just living here. The Lebs, for example, boost openly about being Lebs, while the Serbs and Croats still fight over issues many generations and decades back. Occurances in countries far removed from Aus and our culture. ''

Examinator

You make excellent points but i really believe Banjo is right I know Greeks,italians and Asains who still believe that they are part of thier inherited culture before being Australians and subscribing to our nations values of being '' Hard working'' and a '' Fair go '',and living in a democracy.

You must have seen this somewhere before too, within your own experience
Posted by oscar the grouch, Sunday, 13 December 2009 7:39:42 PM
oscar the troll: << Now we are all starting to make sence >>

'Kin oath we are. Not to mention how far we got with that edjumacation nonsence.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Sunday, 13 December 2009 8:12:28 PM
I would add that both you and particularly rehctub seem to confusing culture with race

I have no problem with anyone who lives in our country as an Aussie and obays our laws, but leave your (radical cultures) behind please. We don't want them.

I also know that most crimes reported these days often require an interpritor to ponounce their names.

We know that these races breed crime and, that many of them consider it a privilage to die for their beliefes, so why inite this to our shores.

Golbalisation and multiculturalisum comes at a huge cost.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 13 December 2009 9:33:29 PM
rehctub: << We know that these races breed crime >>

Fortunately, it's rare to such naked racism expressed these days. Unfortunately, that's mostly because the worst offenders are smart enough to conceal their agendas behind other issues.

Evidently, there are other racists who really have no idea that they are. We have several here - but I can't see any of them exploding in racial violence any time soon.

They can let off steam online, after all.

Mind you, nobody saw Cronulla coming.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Sunday, 13 December 2009 9:58:10 PM
Oscar the troll. What a classic. lol. The real puppet lived in a bin, if Iam not mistaken. Sorry Oscar, but it does smell alot like it. Look! In human nature, white people have a small fear with second and third world people. Why? Their logical fuse is a little shorter than ours. Where we think and talk, they flick the switch, and will punch on without the added advantage of the consequences of actions. So some of what Ive read so far, is quite accurate, hence why dark skinned boxers are the top fighters on the planet. Now you might say Iam inciting, but no, just an observation. So this in OTG is quite normal. The way is, is to show respect, because we are all animal no matter what colour we are, and whites can punch on just the same, but the big question is, how can one control ones self? That's the key.

Grasshopper! Make fear your friend. lol.

And go and have a chat and a beer, you find that fear will slip right out the door.

Id rather build a great wall of china around Australia, but in reality, this situation is here and we will just have to deal with it, like it or not.
Posted by walk with me, Sunday, 13 December 2009 10:37:36 PM
Examinator, I do actually agree to a point. I think the race card is used far too often and does foster further tensions. But when justice is straight down the line justice and not swayed by special interest groups it will and does stop violence. People really do accept when something is wrong. There is little to get offended by. So if there is really race hate crime nobody will complain about it being called such. However if there is race hate crime and it is ignored then it will certainly incite furtehr retribution. Simply ut we need to be able to call a spade, a spade. peole really do accpet proper and logical justice.
Posted by TheMissus, Sunday, 13 December 2009 10:59:58 PM
C J MOPRGAN

Or sorry keyboard error!

C J Morgan

'Kin oath we are. Not to mention how far we got with that edjumacation nonsence''.

Explain that one too me

Do we know each other,i think we do.

Should we do this offline so our posts don't get removed as we banter with each other or is it just that you will insult me because i am a little advanced in the brains dept then you.

Or should i do the right thing and just ignore you as the teenager that you are, trying to debate with adults.

MMMMMMMMMMM...........I wonder............. nah........... i will move on to my next discussion that i will post tommorow...........be sure to tune in.

Im sure your the one under the name of saltyrichard007 on the Yahoo games server............gets online and plays insults with everyone instead of playing games..............yes your him aint ya

Your my new online nemises............actually this will be fun

Talk to you again C J Bogan
Posted by oscar the grouch, Monday, 14 December 2009 8:34:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy