The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > China & Russia Heed La Rouche's Advice

China & Russia Heed La Rouche's Advice

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Bazz: "The failure of the financial system was forced by the surge in oil prices just two months before the crash."

Wow Bazz, what happened? You have posted, what, 3 or so times today and regardless of the topic you attribute the base cause of the problem to peak oil. What have you been reading?

You aren't doing yourself or your message any favours when you push it this far though. Most people attribute the $147 high to the speculative bubble that also caused the GFC. To say that oil caused the speculative bubble is a little over the top. As you say yourself, oil production peaked in 2008. It is unlikely arriving at the peak would cause the 3 fold price increase in three years that spooked you.

Be patient. It will happen soon enough. We on the slide down the other side of the peak now, and I expect that we will find ourselves looking longingly back to the good old days when oil "only" tripled in price in 3 years. I see oil hit USD$82 a barrel today, double its price at the start of year. If it continues at this rate, it will triple in price in 18 months, hitting the peak 2008 price early in the new year.

If it continues at this pace, nobody can't do much to influence the 2-3 year outcome anyway - no even you. So sit back and enjoy the ride, Bazz. At least you will have the satisfaction of telling of telling us all "I told you so". Besides, once petrol hits $2/litre you won't have to tell anybody. Every voter in the nation will be doing that job for you.
Posted by rstuart, Monday, 2 November 2009 3:23:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nice thought. rstuart, but not the case.

>>Pericles, Did you know of Lyndon La Rouche's history before Arjay mentioned him here? It seems you often take the time to go an investigate Arjay's articles and report on what you found<<

As someone who has Oswald Mosley's autohagiography on his bookshelf, and whose grandad actually attended one of Mosley's Limehouse rallies, I didn't need to look up Lyndon Larouche. He is from a long line of Fascists, pseudo-Fascists, neo-Fascists and wannabe Fascists who constantly prey on the gullible and the insecure.

Nor do I need prompting on another of Arjay's favourites, von Mises and the Austrian School, whose dreamings I studied on business school summer camp back in the seventies. Ah, memories.

I do admit, though, to using his paranoia to direct and refresh my research into conspiracy theories, which is a sort-of hobby of mine. Although my teenage son does also keeps me well informed of the latest craze in that sphere.

Arjay just keeps on pressing my buttons, that's all.

I sometimes wonder whether he is in fact a totally sane individual, with a quirky sense of fun, and that I am merely his pawn, his plaything, as he feeds me all these ridiculous notions, just to see if I'll bite.

But then again, he might actually be genuinely very easily-led, easy prey to the latest wacky idea that swims into his field of vision.

It is quite likely that he actually believes at least some of what he writes.
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 2 November 2009 4:06:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ha Ha Rstuart;
Yes I know I am nagging, but how often does your wife's
nagging get you to do that odd job ?
She who must be obeyed certainly gets me started.

Seriously though, there are just too many people who do not take into
account that it will not be business as usual in a surprisingly short time.
Politicians are classic examples of this.
>It is unlikely arriving at the peak would cause the 3 fold price
>increase in three years that spooked you.
I think that was caused by the crude only peak in May 2005 and the
plateau that is still with us.
Speculation is of course is always a factor, but all that does is
exaggerate the effect by an unknown amount as it is an amplifier.
Back to the thread, fiddling with the finances is not going to be
effective unless depletion is a major input.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 2 November 2009 5:55:27 PM
Pericles,Bush created Saddham Hussein and supported him.The USA were in Iraq purely for the oil.They lied about the WMD's.
None of you have viewed the La Rouche video,yet have an opinion?

What Russia and China are using US $ now to build infrastructure so this money now has value .They are doing themselves and the US a favour by giving value to the US monoply money.The US $ will collapse further because Bernanke is still propping up the derivative market and his bankster mates, by creating monopoly money not based on productivity.

The proof of this is the continuing rising unemployment in the US and the collapse of industry.La Rouche is right ,Bernanke is a fool and a wrecker.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 2 November 2009 6:58:05 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pericles,

I agree that both the men AJay mentioned are both more than an acorn short of a tree on some issues but he is right let him give us real information before we discount it after all some of the world's most innovative thinkers were some what bizarre.

I am curious what relevance was the fact that La Rouche was a Quaker?
Are you suggesting they are in the same class as Scientology, Church of Jedi Knights?

Last time I attended one of their meetings of the Christian denominations sects etc thay struck me as the most innocuous and nearest to reality. Care to comment I'm curious?
Posted by examinator, Tuesday, 3 November 2009 3:33:30 PM
Quite a few people have mentioned La Rouche in poor favour .I know little about his past,but was quite pleasantly surprised by his website and ideas.We should not colour our perceptions of reality by other's prejudices.La Rouche was gaoled by George Bush senior and he hates the imperialist poms.He probably has good reason to be aggressive.I would not call the Bush Clan,Cheney,Rumsfeld and many others of that era honesty or integrity.

Not all that is documented on wiki paints a true reality.We should judge people by the reality of their actions.

Neither Pericles or rstuart have debated the merits of La Rouche's plan but rather concentrated on discrediting both myself and La Rouche.

By the way Pericles ,you have not answered "the question" about the WTC and the free fall speed of gravity being achieved.Can you please explain this in a few well chosen sentences in your own words with vague references to your usual nonsense?
Posted by Arjay, Tuesday, 3 November 2009 4:51:32 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy