The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > evolution

evolution

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Due to acid rain in europe the white moth turned black. Upon careful observation it became apparent that as the snow got dirty it was much easier for the birds to see and feast on white moths so the moth population changed colour as the darker moths survived and bred. Science is based on obversation not Belief systems. I have never seen anything to support evelution only a fertile emagination. I have never observed anything to disprove the parts of the bible that I can test through my sences. Anything that happened in the past I have to rely on eye witnesses intregity and supporting evedence. As there is no eyewitness acounts of evelution it becomes a bias on your belief system. Belly The bible tells me that man has dominion over the earth so ALL stuffups are laid squarely at our feet. the buck stops individualy at our feet so we can't blame God. He Loves you so much Belly that he sent his only begotten son to die in your place for your personal stuffups. What you do about it is your choice. If when I die I find you where right what have I lost. Then again if when you die and find you where wrong what have you lost.
Posted by Richie 10, Tuesday, 6 October 2009 6:58:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"I have never observed anything to disprove the parts of the bible that I can test through my sences."

Richie perhaps you could measure the relationship between a circle's diameter and it's circumference.

You might tell me if a bat is a bird, check first with your senses then look at Leviticus 11:19.

You might also look at MAT 1:16 and LUK 3:23 and tell me who the father of Joseph is.

You might tell me how Judas dies - Matthew 27:5 and Acts 1:18

Should you answer a fool - Proverbs 26:4-5?

You might tell me how old Ahaziah was when he began to reign

You might look at Genesis 1:25-26 then Genesis 2:18-19 and tell me if humans or animals were formed first.

Any answers should be consistant with treating the creation story as a literal record.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Tuesday, 6 October 2009 8:07:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yeah, I really didn't expect anything much more. Thanks for delivering.

I guess even high school level science can be disputed on an 'opinion' site. How dull.
Posted by Bugsy, Tuesday, 6 October 2009 8:08:11 PM
Richie 10: << ...so the moth population changed colour as the darker moths survived and bred. >>

Richie, that's called 'natural selection', and is the basis of Darwinian evolution. Devastatingly simple, really.

Any resemblance to Biblical accounts is mostly coincidental, as R0bert cogently demonstrated.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Tuesday, 6 October 2009 8:17:33 PM
Since when did I tell you to use your belief system to prove any thing. as that is biased. use your sences, that's called obversation not opinion.
Posted by Richie 10, Tuesday, 6 October 2009 9:53:36 PM
"Since when did I tell you to use your belief system to prove any thing" your attempt to use the moth colour change may not be quite that but it's close enough. You use a very narrow and self serving intepretation of "science" to try and make your point and then duck for cover when challenged about the source you consider an authority.

If you are at all serious about observation get a tape measure, compare the diameter to the circumference of a circle and tell me that you still have "never observed anything to disprove the parts of the bible that I can test through my sences". The bible is close enough on that if you are not trying to use it as a scientific document or plan based on it.

"If when I die I find you where right what have I lost" - oh so tempting to run with that but for now lets see how your authoritive source stacks up as a scientific document. If you get brave have a look at the other questions.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Tuesday, 6 October 2009 10:19:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy