The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A small park in the desert.

A small park in the desert.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All
Protagoras, Fractelle
We humans will savy only if we make big changes on our planet.
WE MUST USE OUR LAND WITH THE BEST WAY TO MAXIMIZE THE PRODUCTION OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS.
If an animal is usefull and productive we will full up our farms from it, if is not we will keep a small number of them to save their kind.
WE WILL CONVERT THE WHOLE BIODAVERSITY SYSTEM ON THE EARTH ACCORDING TO OUR NEEDS FOR SURVIVAL!
What we need it is not theories BUT solusions of the problems. WE WILL NEED MORE AND MORE FOOD. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS SIMPLE QUESTION? MORE FOOD
We are working with variuos ways to solve this difficult problem, we try for berth control but religious leaders are not helpful at all.
We do not do what we want, humans are the most dangerous animals on the earth and they have plenty weapons, plenty ways to destroy our planet. What do you expect India, Pacistan or other big or Nuclear countries to do when they have problems? Take their position, they will try to savy with any way!
What we do in this case? WE TRY TO MIXIMIZE THE FOOD PRODUCTION, WE TRY TO SAVE OUR PLANET FROM BIG VERY BIG PROBLEMS, WE TRY TO WIN TIME TO FIND OTHER KIND OF SOLUSIONS, OR TO LIMIT THE PRESS ON THE ENVIRONMENT, but my ladies WE try!
We try with new technologies, genetic engineering, to bring row materials from the space, planets, asteroids etc, to colonize the space, WE WILL TRY ... BUT FIRST WE WILL START WITH THE VERY EASY, PUT FEW PUMPS AND SENT THE WATER TO A DAM OR LAKE INSTEAD TO WEAST IT TO THE SEAS, BUILD SOME DESALINATE PLANS, TO USE ALL OUR LAND.
Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Friday, 14 August 2009 1:52:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"What we do in this case? WE TRY TO MIXIMIZE THE FOOD PRODUCTION, WE TRY TO SAVE OUR PLANET FROM BIG VERY BIG PROBLEMS,"

What - Australia save the planet? Go to bed Ant!
Posted by Protagoras, Friday, 14 August 2009 2:04:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Protagoras
Australia is a whole continent with so small population, ok PLUS doing good busyness!
I returned late from my work, what hapened with you and you are not on the bed ?
Some times I speak for Australia and sometimes for the whole planet.
Posted by ASymeonakis, Friday, 14 August 2009 2:36:35 AM
Fractelle
There is not one ecosystem but many. The ecosystem we call planet Earth is interconnected, (not exactly there are some isolated places) and it changes soon or later.
Humans change the system very fast, they destroy it.
For me Fractelle THE MOST IMPORTANT ARE HUMANS BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SMARTEST AND STRONGEST ONE AND WHEN THE HAVE PROBLEMS THEY ARE VERY DANGEROUS NOT ONLY FOR THE ECOSYSTEM BUT FOR THE WHOLE PLANET, INCLUDING THE HUMANS.
If it is necessary for human sarvival to change the ecosystem, to create an artificial ecosystem WE WILL DO IT!
Humans do not have any other choice than to change our planet to savy.
Do you think we can have any logical expectation for birth control when Catholics and Muslims are against it? Do you think human population will start to decline? NO!
If Fractelle we are sure that our population will increase then we must find ways to cover the food needs from the increased population.
We can not start from the space from the difficult and most costly, we will start from the easy one, from our land, from our water, from our deserts. OK my friend?
I believe humans must create the ecosystem which fit most in their needs, in their goals if they want to savy of cause their overpopulation.
Australia is part of the world and we must do everything we can to support our world. We are lucky we have plenty land, let's do good business supporting parallel the humanity, most land we use, more productivity we have, bigger will be the benefits for Australia and the whole humanity.
Fractelle I do not like to fight with you but also I do not like to say you things I do not believe or like.
The life in the deserts and dry lands is not very rich, we will try to save the most we can but WE WILL CHANGE THE ENVIRONMENT BECAUSE IT WILL SUPPORT BETTER HUMAN NEEDS AND SARVIVAL!
Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by AnSymeonakis, Friday, 14 August 2009 3:29:58 AM
Antonius

I believe there are already too many humans on this planet.

Also I am very well aware that this planet consists of a variety of ecosystems, I have a background in environmental studies.

I am also aware, as I explained to you, that all ecosystems are interconnected, any changes to one may have a domino effect on the others.

As the dominant (I question whether we are the most intelligent) species on this planet, the best thing we can do is:

Limit our numbers.
Reduce, to a minimum, use of nonrenewable resources.
Replace our present sources of energy with sustainable, non polluting sources.
Remind ourselves that we share this planet with other lifeforms which have as much right to be here as us - even the lowliest, including mosquitoes to which I am allergic.
Posted by Fractelle, Friday, 14 August 2009 9:18:49 AM
Antonios,
Fractelle and I may not agree on many things, but on this we do.

There have been many others here that have given you sound, practical information about your dream. In particular about the Australian deserts. You would do well to take note of those.

I think it was Foxy that suggested that you do research, get some figures together and, if viable, put forward your proposals and then seek support. Everyone here would endorse that stratagy.

Nothing wrong with having a dream. I have had plenty of ideas that did not work after looking into them.
Posted by Banjo, Friday, 14 August 2009 10:13:19 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All