The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > How far should a secular multi-cultural society go to accommodate religious sensibilities?

How far should a secular multi-cultural society go to accommodate religious sensibilities?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. All
jb quote<<Steven. No to everything.

Monday,20 July>>
interesting you missed the addendumd..steven slipped in when he revised foxeys replies...

quote<<..Should Holocaust denial be illegal?..Saturday,18 July..>>...thus is it fair to presume you are claiming the right to rebut the hollow-cost?

or did you simply not read the topic fully...and just cast out the blanket rebuttal of any or all religious stuff..unthinkingly

see..i can presume that you are something you are not...but you in reality might well be...thus..i would admit my error...but can you?

you see later you accused me of being an xtian...or as you said it<<..Under one God...I gather that you are saying that as a Christian,..."Christians"..have a monopoly on "Goodness..."Everyone else,of course,..is a Godless liar/fornacaterer/murerer/Drug addict/thief,etc,etc.>>..well i corrected your misstake

but would use these..two simple errors...to point out the minute possability of other flaws in your thinking...

you allready miss-judged god...by the errors of a few misguided religious/zealots doing vile in his name...

and i would simply add..the caution..dont be judging the very god...who you..just might have judged in error..or in haste..as mindlessly and as carelessly..as the two hasty quotations i reluctantly post in this topic

dont judge the artist by his works...just as im trying to take care not to judge you..for your simple human errors.failings...only god[good]..is perfect...as for the rest of us..we do the best..as we are able...cheers eh jay
Posted by one under god, Sunday, 26 July 2009 12:24:58 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry oug. one at a time.

quote<<..Should Holocaust denial be illegal?..Saturday,18 July..>>...thus is it fair to presume you are claiming the right to rebut the hollow-cost?

I do believe that with the UN charter of Free Speach. A holacost denier should have the right to deny it ever happened. Everyone else knows it did. What the World should acknowlege is that 13 million others, 6 million Gypsies, 5 million Russians, 2 million mentally ill & disabled, died in additian to the 6 million Jews.

you accused me of being an xtian...or as you said it<<..Under one God...I gather that you are saying that as a Christian,..."Christians"..have a monopoly on "Goodness..."Everyone else,of course,..is a Godless liar/fornacaterer/murerer/Drug addict/thief,etc,etc.>>..well i corrected your misstake.

Sorry I was only quoting the preacher. It's not my belief.

Sorry oug. Maybe you're not a Christian. I wrongly assumed & I should know better. One should never to persume to assume. With a title like "oug," it was an honest mistake. UOG Hmmm maybe you are Cau Dai. The're under one God.(look up Cau Dai) An assimilation of Catholic, Buddist, & Islam. Their Symbol for GOD is the "All Seeing Eye of God"

you allready miss-judged god...by the errors of a few misguided religious/zealots doing vile in his name...

I just pointed out that these people are the "Worlds Best Practise Christians," until they are caught out, then, "of course they never were christians." Strange that.

and i would simply add..the caution..dont be judging the very god...who you..just might have judged in error..or in haste..as mindlessly and as carelessly..as the two hasty quotations i reluctantly post in this topic

You are right again. I shouldn't have judged. GOD. Something that is not real cannot be judged. I'm just saying that some of the people that are acclaimed to be the "Worlds Best Christians" are in reality not good people at all. Well, they are until something goes wrong then they were never even Christians. ;-)

ANYWAY WHAT'S THIS ALL GOT TO DO WITH THE ORIGINAL QUESTION?
Posted by Jayb, Sunday, 26 July 2009 2:48:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
“Why didn't you refer to yourself also as a homophobe?”

Cause I’m not one.

“You said this "I find them to be completely about sex and not about love, partnership, or the rights of people who are gay or lesbian. Where do you find them and please release the details of the survey you undertook to deliver such an amazingly ill-informed statement!”

I have seen gay parades. Is that the “them” you refer to? They are about sex or the right to have lots and with anyone you like.

“IF the alleged GOD wanted humans to grow up and cut the apron strings as you ask...then he/she/it failed at that too.”

Not if that was his/her/its plan, I hardly purposed a time span.

“These crazy religions have their institutions teach this rubbish as fact.”

I didn’t think there were any facts.

“What does that say about these religions?”

That they’re the same as all the other ones?

"What does it say about the members of these religions?"

That they are the same as all the other ones?

“If anyone believes or teachers these fabrications then aren't they the ultimate blasphemers?”

Are you still talking to me?

“Why are the religious amongst us so forceful in their comments on others, when they sit in their religious organisations and believe such tripe?”

You’re not aye, you just started ranting...

“…”

“How can anyone, with even half a brain, believe this rubbish from the old dusty religious teachings of ancient man?”

Beyond me O' baby.
Posted by The Pied Piper, Sunday, 26 July 2009 6:20:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wow Pie-eyed Piper,

If you are judging the love that a homosexual has for their partner, based on your attendance at a gay parade, - does that also mean you would judge all heterosexual relationships based on a visit to King's Cross?

Wakey! Wakey! That is absurd!

I thought, in your post, you sounded like another homophobic, bigotted Christian, whose obviously flawed Bible overrules their logic and supresses rational thoughts.

If you aren't I apologise.

But back to the topic...

I have spoken to people who have Muslims in their families and the reason they say they don't speak out is because they are somewhat scared of some of their fellow Muslims. So I'm not sure what a moderate Muslim (if there is such a thing) really thinks. If you want Islamic law in non-Islamic countries then please go home!

But, to a lesser extent, Christians are scared to speak out also. Not for the same reasons but because they are scared of being excommunicated or the pitfires of hell threatened by their allegedly loving GOD.

A loving GOD who builds a hell...sort of a contradiction really. He did create all things didn't he?

The problem with society is that religions have entwined themselves in all things and they then become difficult to unentwine.

The parliamentary prayer is farcical, prayers of healing demonstrably don't work, and Politicians approaching the Pope to create an Australian Saint are fool hardy.

Doesn't praying to someone other than God when Jesus expressly states Matthew 6:9 This, then, is how you should pray" goes against Jesus' teachings!

Could a moderate Muslim answer me these....Why aren't they arguing for our freedoms in their countries?...why aren't they embracing our culture?...Why can't a woman wear what she chooses?..Why do women have to dress modestly?

Could a Christian answer me these...Why do you attend a Church which teaches falsehood as fact? Are fibbing or misleading people acceptable Christian traits? Why do you attend organisations that have covered up horrid crimes? Why did Paul oppress a woman's journey in faith in 1Timoth 2:11-12?
Posted by Opinionated2, Monday, 27 July 2009 1:26:32 PM
>> I have seen gay parades. Is that the “them” you refer to? They are about sex or the right to have lots and with anyone you like. <<

It is a subject not unknown to comedy:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28491
Posted by Sancho, Monday, 27 July 2009 2:33:20 PM
“Wow Pie-eyed Piper,”

Wow yourself O. I think I wrote it wrong or you read it wrong. I did not think the gay parades represented same sex couples, in fact I thought it would embarrass many of them.

“I thought, in your post, you sounded like another homophobic, bigotted Christian, whose obviously flawed Bible overrules their logic and supresses rational thoughts. If you aren't I apologise.

Accepted. But that was a hell of thing to manage from someone who has no problem with gays and is of the ranks of the “religious underachievers” aka me.

“If you want Islamic law in non-Islamic countries then please go home!”

Likewise Hindus, all cults and the right to practice any religion you want? In Saudi I was allowed to be Christian, they’re all good with that.

“But, to a lesser extent, Christians are scared to speak out also. Not for the same reasons but because they are scared of being excommunicated or the pitfires of hell threatened by their allegedly loving GOD.”

That’s just Catholics isn’t it?

“Doesn't praying to someone other than God when Jesus expressly states Matthew 6:9 This, then, is how you should pray" goes against Jesus' teachings!”

I didn’t understand that.

"Could a moderate Muslim answer me these....Why aren't they arguing for our freedoms in their countries?...why aren't they embracing our culture?...Why can't a woman wear what she chooses?..Why do women have to dress modestly?"

They’re outnumbered? They don’t want that freedom (well we perceive it as a freedom they might not). We really need to find one and drag them back here to tell us aye.

“Could a Christian answer me these...Why do you attend a Church which teaches falsehood as fact?”

C’mon O, you know they believe these things to be true. Faith and all that.

“Are fibbing or misleading people acceptable Christian traits? Why do you attend organisations that have covered up horrid crimes? Why did Paul oppress a woman's journey in faith in 1Timoth 2:11-12?”

No idea what that was about..?

Sancho – yep I saw something very similar.[smile]
Posted by The Pied Piper, Tuesday, 28 July 2009 1:59:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy