The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The GREAT BIKINI MARCH ...what is it ?

The GREAT BIKINI MARCH ...what is it ?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
The march will be held on Australia Day 26 Jan 2007

but....

WHAT...IS IT ?

http://thegreataustralianbikinimarch.wikispaces.com/

WHO is running it ? (see above link)

and
http://www.morelandleader.com.au/article/2006/11/27/7575_cov_news.html

It appears that a groundswell of Aussie silent majority is finally gaining momentum and is prepared to speak, and be heard.
The movement is simply middle Australia, neither 'Right nor Left' making a cultural statement and asserting "We DO have a culture".

It's more than that. (I've just spoken to the organizer, she seems a nice lady) It is the heart cry of a people who are feeling they are rapidly becoming 'no people' by aggressive cultural influx and multicultural mafia.

There have been attempts by Ultra right wing extremists to hijack the march, and also attemps by the Left to mischaracterize it as 'racism' (duh.. now I didn't see THAT coming :)
Even 3AWs Neil Mitchell went into shock jock mode and mischaracterized it. (he was pulled up on this)

ME ? I'll be there, you betcha, and I urge all thinking Aussies to do the same. I'm sure there will be controversy, maybe even some unhealthy behavior by those who do NOT fit the March personality profile, but this is not a reason to not have it.

The march will begin

BEGINNING: Clifton Park, Brunswick, Melbourne - next to Brunswick Train Station

DESTINATION: The Islamic Information and Support Centre, 19 Michael St, Brunswick.

10,000 seems like a goodly number to start with :) Hey..why not all Melbourne.

I'll keep you all posted.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 1 December 2006 7:34:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Looks like this is going to jump around a bit.
Now their website says the march will be in the CBD. (council something or other)
Anway... more to come.

Its entertaining to see the Left going eloquently ballistic about this. There are some serious points though.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Saturday, 2 December 2006 7:09:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It looks like our resident crusader doesn't mind these frootloops attempting to hijack Australia Day.

The question is, will he be wearing a brown bikini, or perhaps brown lycra bike shorts?

I really hope that Boazy and his Brethren all turn out in force - should be a good laugh :)
Posted by CJ Morgan, Saturday, 2 December 2006 9:09:34 PM
gawd! the thought of it, a 60 year old man wearing a brown bikini, a gideon bible in one had and flogging himself with birch stick with the other - all while and declaring this BS to be real Australian culture. Yeah sure.
Posted by Rainier, Saturday, 2 December 2006 11:00:54 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Onya guys :)

Brown is not my color..black is ok...

All I can say is this... I don't want to look back in 10 yrs time and wish I'd risked more. I'm finding my little dabbles into activism are such a rush, I'm tempted to become an existentialist :)

To be sure.. the 'rush' is related to the unclouding of confused minds and the opening of hearts.

The IR laws protest and my 'BLAME CHINA' sign thing went well actually and in fact functioned as street theatre and an attention getting device, which can lead to some very fruitful conversations on many issues including economic, cultural, racial, spiritual.

yes..I'm seeing a therapist :) the one found in John 3:16

Keep up the valued criticism. I do think about it. In electronics, negative feeback has a refining effect on the quality of the waveform.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Sunday, 3 December 2006 6:53:37 AM
Sorry BD, but you've lost me on this one. A skank parade!

I just hope it'll be very cold and wet that day - now that could be something interesting.

And, what happens if a bloke takes photos of them? Will their privacy be being invaded? Will he get arrested?

Mate, only a woman could have thought up this nonsense.
Posted by Maximus, Sunday, 3 December 2006 7:58:17 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy