The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The GREAT BIKINI MARCH ...what is it ?

The GREAT BIKINI MARCH ...what is it ?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
firstly...housekeeping.. ALEXN please don't use my thread for commerical self promotion! *smack*

ygirp.. my own motives are simply to make this event known... I'm more for modesty myself, but I support this event as an act of cultural assertion. Even though it is contextually 'wrong' to wear bikini's in the CBD (the new veneu for the march) in this case, as it has been promoted as a 'bikini' march it will be ok.

I am a little concerned that I don't see sufficient (as yet) distance between the organizer and the Sponsor, but given that Christine (The organizer) does not yet even know how to email, I could understand this potential problem/issue might not be apparent to her.

It sure IS a 'stunt' :) and a creative one at that. But every time I see a vid on YOUTUBE of Nasarallah or other Islamo fascists speaking about the glory of being killed for the sake of Allah, and knowing that any young Muslim in Australia can access such speeches.....I am all for anything which wakes apathetic and socially lazy Aussies up from their historical slumber.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 4 December 2006 1:40:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ybgirp, check out TrippleM's web site and link to The Cage (breakfast shows). They are running a Budgie Smuggler amnesty at the moment. I posted a link to it on the "Shiek Wot's is name has a point" thread.

Done in jest but the old budgie smugglers have been under attack for some time. That seems to be one item of clothing that society seems to be quite willing to villify quite openly. Where are all the bikini wearers speaking out in support of old mens rights to wear the Budgie Smuggler?

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Monday, 4 December 2006 1:58:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If,indeed, the ladies wear bikinis, it will appear as a ridiculous stunt. Properly if casually dressed would be the way to go-otherwise they are leaving themselves wide open to gibes. A bit of dignity will emphasise the point far more that Australians are fed up with all the unAustralian views of muslims.
I would like to see a march on Canberra to protest about the tribal people being imported into this country.
Like the Lebanese who live here long enough to qualify for benefits, return back to live in their own country and scream for Australian help when their country does it's usual violent thing.
It is the politicians who need a wake up.
Posted by mickijo, Monday, 4 December 2006 2:38:51 PM
I think this is going to be hijacked by right-wing extremists as another example of the Us and Them mentality.

Will Paris Hilton be leading the march?
Posted by rache, Monday, 4 December 2006 10:19:21 PM
BOAZ,
Just to wish you luck with the bikini march. Hope it turns out well, but given Melbournes weather, one can never tell.

Stay away from those communist ladies, they are a dangerous species.

Wear or carry a distinctive sign so we can tell it's you.

You can bet I'll be watching the TV news that night.

I had a good chuckle about your last encounter. pity about your sign.

Hope you are not offended.
Posted by Banjo, Tuesday, 5 December 2006 11:08:58 AM
Banjo.. never mate :) its all good. I'm pretty robust when it comes to digs and jibes etc.

Micki has a point. I'd like to see 'modestly dressed women' in casual but comfy clothes with perhaps just a couple in bikini's for symbolic value.

They could actually have a very good role playing segment.

If its used to promote Australian culture, and to point out that we do have one, and that we are pretty comfortable with it...consider this.

1/ We have a segment called 'Greetings'.
a) Japanese man comes and bows to the host.
b) Maori man comes and rubs noses.
c) Aussie comes and shakes hands.

There are many creative ways of getting the point across.

I'm getting closer to making a dedicated web site with all my whacky thoughts on it. I should have a 'cyber shop' selling 'Aussie pariphenalia' :) all proceeds to goto Aboriginal rehabilitation work.

YOUTUBE is quickly becoming a gold mine. I'm finding it can be used effectively for evangelism and even things like Aussie culture promotion. I'm in contact with people from all round the world via its message section. Gee, you can even promote products there if u want.
I recommend it for learning self defense also. Masato is a great jap Kickboxer with a very interesting technique "Stand out of their way and work on their leg" after 3 rounds they often just collapse :)

But any cause could be promoted there, and its a pity that Christine Hawkins (Bikini march)does not even know how to email at this point in time.

Brainy.. I'll wear something distinctive.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Tuesday, 5 December 2006 8:39:27 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy