The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Remember your Abortionist with a Donation this Mother's Day

Remember your Abortionist with a Donation this Mother's Day

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All
Planned Parenthood is the largest abortion provider in the USA.
This year, as in past years, the organisation is asking its supporters to remember them on Mother’s Day.
Their campaign utilises a celebrity who asks contributors to…

“Say thanks this Mother's Day with a gift that honors her courage by making a donation to the Planned Parenthood Action Fund in her name.
There is no organization that I know of that supports motherhood and all that it means more than Planned Parenthood. That's why I'm honoring moms everywhere with my gift to the Planned Parenthood Action Fund today.”
“Honor a mom, and we'll send her a card with your special note letting her know about your gift.”
http://www.ppaction.org/ppvotes/notice-description.tcl?newsletter_id=17513064

Is this a particularly egregious example of cynical doublespeak and have we truly arrived in George Orwell’s 1984
or is it perfectly reasonable for an abortion provider to claim to honour mothers?
Posted by KMB, Saturday, 9 May 2009 10:55:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cheery little scamp, aren't you KGB?
Posted by Ginx, Saturday, 9 May 2009 5:37:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'll do that my mum died because she was forced to go full term.
BTW the baby died too
Yet again you're distorting the truth for your own ends. The organisation does many other things too. And it's in the US and their decision this is Australia.
It's up to the individual and neither I nor you with your extremist (papist views?) or hysterical spin will achieve anything for society as a whole. If your against abortions don't have one. This is an issue busybodies should mind their own business on. Provide alternative care if you want but this topic the way it's phrased shows you to be a hypocrite especially considering your trenchant views on other nationalities.
Posted by examinator, Saturday, 9 May 2009 6:11:50 PM
examinator,
<<If your (sic) against abortions don't have one>>
If you're against slavery, don't own one.
Posted by KMB, Saturday, 9 May 2009 6:39:31 PM
Well this thread must be close to 'trolling' wouldn't you say.

Trying hard to get a reaction.

Sorry, don't care!
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 9 May 2009 7:06:05 PM
Dear KMB,

Some things make look bleak at first glance-
and we can make the wrong assumptions for what
we see as the right reasons. However, with
more information - we can often see that our
judgements weren'y always right.

Keep that thought. "Planned Parenthood," in the
US is a vital organisation - providing the
necessary information to people that need it
the most - to prevent unwanted pregnancies -
and abortions. Therefore their wish to celebrate
"Mother's Day," and attract more attention to their
organisation - is not as incongruous as it may at
first sound. After all - a wanted pregnancy - is
something worth celebrating - is the point being
made. So if you don't want to get pregnant - do
something about it with - "Planned Parenthood."

The statistics for abortions in the US is quite
staggering - I believe its approximately one in
four pregnancies in the US that are now terminated
through abortion. That's why organisations like -
"Planned Parenthood," are so important - to educate
women, and prevent this from happening.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 9 May 2009 8:24:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy