The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Value of a Kidney!

The Value of a Kidney!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
>>P.S. see u this sunday at the statue in front of the State Lib :) 2.00pm unless complications<<

eeeuuuw. Get a room, guys.

Or at least swap phone numbers.
Posted by chainsmoker, Thursday, 15 January 2009 10:40:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This type of scenario can extend beyond between domestic partners . For example , suppose one sibling donates to another , then the donee later refuses to speak to the donor , for some reason , or cheats the donor in business . Should the donor be entitled to demand the return of the kidney , or compensation ? Of course not !

This is another example of the way in which body parts and embryos are increasingly seen as being no different from commodities .
Posted by jaylex, Thursday, 15 January 2009 10:49:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy “Col's settlement to his wife must have been HUGE.”

The first one got 65% assets and I got a maintenance agreement tied to inflation, instead of tied to what I earned.
With inflation running at 1% (1994) and my CSA assessable earnings trebling, it meant what I lost on the swings I made up for lots of times over on the roundabouts.
I ignored the way she used to defraud me on minor purchases she made, supposedly but not really, for my daughters but she has since mentioned that openly and now my daughters treat her with contempt for what she did.
She also wanted $10,000 for her share of the goodwill in my business name so I told her she could buy it off me, instead.
Then when she threatened to turn me into the ATO I said “go for it”, she had been the one signing off the tax returns for the previous 5 years….

The second one tried an end-run with dodgy Victorian State property caveats and US court judgment, following her transferring some credit card debts from her name into mine (the old 6 months at ¼% interest rate, marketing offers), enforced by her ‘friendly’ magistrate in Texas but I bought the best Aussie barrister going and batted that ball right back at her, all the way to USA:- )

One friend asked me, concerning his divorce, what ‘attitude’ he should adopt.

My response “Be fair, remember you loved that person once” .

In my book “fair” means after say 5 years, whatever you each once had is owned jointly and you are both equally entitled to 50% of the total, you are both responsible for the joint welfare of your children.

I am fortunate, I have an absolutely fabulous relationship with my daughters and the first ex even gives me an endorsement. The second one no longer communicates, I think it had something to do with her last toxic email, when I copied it back to her son and father and suggested they have her committed as a danger to herself.
Posted by Col Rouge, Thursday, 15 January 2009 11:47:18 AM
Col Rouge: << Then when she threatened to turn me into the ATO I said “go for it”, she had been the one signing off the tax returns for the previous 5 years…. >>

How unsurprising that our most objectionable resident bean counter has apparently been less than honest in his declarations to the ATO.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Thursday, 15 January 2009 2:03:42 PM
CJMoron "How unsurprising that our most objectionable resident bean counter has apparently been less than honest in his declarations to the ATO."

That could not be implied from my post

A visit from an ATO Auditor is cause for reasoned concern and a deterrent to anyone, even the most fastidious and scrupulous of those who are required to submit tax returns.

But if you had the necessary where-with-all which allowed you to understand more than just the little words, you would have gleaned from my post that the issue was not a problem or concern for me in the least.

As to "objectionable", I am sure you have far greater experience and understanding of the circumstances and characteristics which qualify as "objectionable".

Considering the content of all your posts, I am quite certain, it must be your middle name. Now I suggest you just scurry back under the table and chew on a bone.
Posted by Col Rouge, Thursday, 15 January 2009 2:38:01 PM
Col Rouge: << That could not be implied from my post >>

Quite so, but if Col had a better understanding of English he'd know that it could be a reasonable inference from his statement. If he had nothing to hide, his response to his fortunately erstwhile wife would surely have been more along the lines of "go ahead - they won't find anything illegal".

Instead, Col's response was to spread the guilt. I infer from that response that he did indeed have something to hide, and his solution was to blackmail his ex-wife into silence.

As I said, how unsurprising.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Thursday, 15 January 2009 3:00:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy