The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > New Year's Resolutions ... What changes Would You make in 2009 ?

New Year's Resolutions ... What changes Would You make in 2009 ?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Ah rainer, I thought you must have been banned for life, following those images of yourself which you posted so long ago but I was obviously and sadly mistaken, you are back to amuse us with your banality and poor taste ( I personally prefer projectile vomiting).

I suppose you are still supping from the public purse and pretending that you role in academia actually accomplishes anything.

Regarding “We’ve nicked named him col-onoscopy simple because he is forever exploring his own rear passage - hoping to find wisdom and insight. The rest is OLO legend.”

I will defer to your more intimate knowledge of the procedure known as a “colonoscopy”, I have never undertaken one but would be sure the likes of you has probably volunteered multiple times (without anesthetic).

Ah well, as you say the rest is "OLO legend"

and yourself, an OLO “fairy” story
Posted by Col Rouge, Thursday, 1 January 2009 7:42:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Happy New Year to Everyone!

And Thank You for all your inputs
into this thread.

I believe that it's going to be an
interesting year ahead of us, hopefully
with lots more sharing on OLO.

We don't always agree on everything, but
that to me is one of the attractions of
this Forum. I enjoy the clever verbal
thrusts that go on. They're usually funny,
and very entertaining. I often envy the
clever repartee - and think, "Wish I could
do that."

The writer Bryce Courtenay summed it up rather
well:

"Each of us has been designed for one of two
immortal functions, either as a storyteller or as
a cross-legged listener to tales of wonder, love
and daring. When we cease to tell or listen, then
we no longer exist as a people. Dead men tell no
tales."

Yes, let your ear be your dictionary, while your
eye observes the details and your mind constructs
the storyline...
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 1 January 2009 8:19:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pelican

"(Sorry Bronwyn and CJ sometimes just can't help doing a smiley)"

:)

I totally understand, Pelican. In fact I have now come to realise that there are times when a 'smile' is a really handy response.

I actually hadn't noticed 'smiles' before until I saw one in a post of CJ's once and made some disparaging remark about it, which I think is what led to his scrupulous avoidance of them ever since, bless him.

I hate the thought though that I might be restricting others' freedom of expression, so I think the beginning of a new year is a good time to announce that I hereby declare my acceptance of the 'smile'!
Posted by Bronwyn, Friday, 2 January 2009 12:10:35 AM
Yo Foxy luv.

To help show people

- That there is ALWAYS another less selfish perspective and that ALL informed (both sided) REASONING can achieve more/more possibilities than ideology and dogma.(one size [ideology, belief, solution] fits no body)

- To show how some people need more help than others.

- That helping isn't a matter of handouts but that individual's NEEDS can't be always addressed by aggregation and "return for investment" concepts.
Posted by examinator, Friday, 2 January 2009 6:34:56 AM
Col Rouge: "Personally, I welcome the diversity of opinions here. How boring it would be to have a consensus on every topic."

How then do you explain the utter vitriol with which you attacked the last two posters who disagreed with you?

And, in that context do you not see a a contradictory double standard in then saying: "there is a word for those who expect of others that which they cannot muster in themselves...."? Time for some self-reflection, Col old man?
Posted by Spikey, Friday, 2 January 2009 9:05:27 AM
Spikey “How then do you explain the utter vitriol with which you attacked the last two posters who disagreed with you?”

Simple, one was you, who, despite my overtures of conciliation re

“Anyway may 2009 be as bountiful experience for you all… as I anticipate it will be for me”

You decided to denigrate my opinions (“your reasons are, as usual, spurious and lightweight.”),

The other was rainier, who is an incorrigible low life, something which, on a good day could aspire to the dizzy heights of a CJ Moron, so I guess, you are in good company.

I suggest, Spikey, bearing in mind the above, you can already feel that your comments

“Time for some self-reflection,”

And

“in that context do you not see a a contradictory double standard”

Have already come back to bite you upon what is probably a more than ample buttock…

Now run away, your troll buddies must be impatiently awaiting the return of their plaything
Posted by Col Rouge, Friday, 2 January 2009 9:31:01 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All