The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > New Year's Resolutions ... What changes Would You make in 2009 ?

New Year's Resolutions ... What changes Would You make in 2009 ?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
oh usual suspect please decide to break your new years commandment[you can out debate anyone ,its not complicated

[people are lazy]
just make sure your getting the last point in

[having the last say
[i have seen many debates won in this way

its not about putting up the proof to rebut what you see as their negative[but for them to explain it till you get it]
or they cant explain it

we all have things we believe [either right or wrong]
but if the post cant explain it the questions move it along

then they answer themn[or the question is repeated]
what many do is rephrase it and the person beliving the ''wrong''
distracts to the non question [thus the questioning goes on]

so why arnt you going to respond to the people you have named
ask them the question and your honour is saved

is it new year yet
im running out of whine
lest we all forget

what was the question again?
oh what changes WILL i make

my new Y-ear re-SOLUTIONS
i must make a list
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 31 December 2008 8:38:22 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good Morning Everyone,

Here it is - Dec. 31st, has finally arrived.
I'm really looking forward to this afternoon.
We've bought movie tickets to see the epic
saga, "Australia." I'm taking my two elderly
mothers (Mum and my Mother-in-law)as well.
We're going to the afternoon session,
and then we've booked
an early dinner for us all at a restaurant.
We'll see in the New Year at home, watching
the fireworks on TV.

Thanks to all of you who responded to this
thread. I hope that your wishes are granted
in the New Year.

My final wish for us all is that
this New Year will be filled with
greater tolerance and understanding,
not only amongst those close to us, but also
amongst people we come across in our daily lives.
There is enough hatred in the world. It's up to
us to try to turn things around.

Happy New Year And All The Best,
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 31 December 2008 9:08:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This will be my last post for 2008. Happy New Year everybody. See you in 2009.
Posted by Steel Mann, Wednesday, 31 December 2008 10:21:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"My new years resolution is to walk away from the bullying of Flaketelle, CJ and Romany."

Ooohhh, poor diddums!

Since when have you been so averse to a little 'bullying', Usual Suspect? You've dished out plenty of your own in the past, especially when you were the cuttingly witty 'Whitty'. I know, I've been on the receiving end of it several times.

Well, if your resolution is to walk away from it AND to not dish it out in the first place, I say good luck to you.

Hopefully, this latest resolution is a little longer lived than the time you announced to all you were exiting OLO. From memory that little dummy spit didn't last long at all.

In fairness, you do seem to have transformed your posting style. Your once at times belligerent tone has mellowed somewhat.

Happy New Year, Usual Suspect, and long may you stick around on OLO. Any future feminism related threads will be much the poorer if you don't!
Posted by Bronwyn, Wednesday, 31 December 2008 2:08:07 PM
http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=1726472618068&source=jl999
Posted by dickie, Thursday, 1 January 2009 1:33:50 AM
My resolution for 2009.....

It's one I have started early....

I will not bother responding to morons that believe they they can think logically and yet have obviously have not have had the benefit of an education in logic, or indeed any kind of science or philosophy (unless it's the self-educated kind).

For example: After making an earlier resolution, I have not responded to a well known self-medicating schizophrenic that has admitted to being a dope-grower and convicted criminal, and yet believes he is the ultimate authority on evolution and matters of science. One cannot win a debate with the mentally ill on the internet.

I will also not try to save anyone else from debating these types of people, as that will be a never ending job.

I have also refrained from responding (and will try to continue in 2009) to obvious travesties of misunderstanding and misrepresentation of evolution, as this is usually done by people that believe in a far more ancient superstition for their own ends.

Happy new year, and I hope you don't owe much money on your house, this years gonna be rough.
Posted by Bugsy, Thursday, 1 January 2009 2:18:04 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All