The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Americas First Female President now?

Americas First Female President now?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All
A very real chance exists that in electing John MC Cain America is electing Palin.
MC Cains age and health has to be of concern, his chances of serving two terms depend on him living till he is over 80 years of age.
No ill will intended to him ,he is without doubt a brave man but can he live these next 4 years?
And is Palin the person to lead America?
My view is no, in a choice between Obamma and this red neck lady I hope for a Democratic win.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 11 September 2008 4:50:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
America deserves everything they get if they vote in McCain and that new cute little puppy of his. What are her credentials again?, oh, none?, really?. If they vote that in we're all in for a LONG drive.

At least Obama has the rhetoric of someone who's a forward thinker. All pollies are the same, full of it, but the yanks (and the world) need a change from the same sort of 'foreign policy' (lol cough cough BOOM) as the last few years.
Posted by StG, Thursday, 11 September 2008 7:39:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Gawd, imagine that - it'd be like us having Pauline Hanson as PM, except on a much larger scale and with access to a nuclear trigger.

Scary stuff indeed.

Seriously, I think the Democrats will make much of this possibility in months to come, and the American electorate will vote accordingly.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Thursday, 11 September 2008 8:07:28 AM
The carnal part of me looks at the 'panic' going on and finds it hilarious :)

*SMACK SMACK*.. no no no.. you must not do that! Ok.. the flesh is now under control

Belly...As soon as I saw your title.. I thought exactly as you wrote...
Yep..it COULD HAPPEN...

Stg.. You need a heck of a lot more than 'rhetoric' to run the most powerful country in the world mate.

CJ.. I note your 'frightened monkey' look :) you know.. the lips pulled back.. the wide eyes.. mine used to do that all the time.. if it did it while sitting on my shoulder I had to kick it off realllly fast or it crapped on me.. that's the aspect of 'frightened monkey look' that most people don't see.

PALIN FOR PRES :) hmmmm "Sarah.. Saaaaarah.. ... I'll never find another girl like youuuuuu"
Posted by Polycarp, Thursday, 11 September 2008 8:44:51 AM
Stg.. You need a heck of a lot more than 'rhetoric' to run the most powerful country in the world mate.

Posted by Polycarp, Thursday, 11 September 2008 8:44:51 AM

Yeah, YA think...mate.

My interest doesn't go past what effect a new yank boss would have on us.

Bush equalled bad (understatement of the millennia). McCain = Bush. Palin's resume is zero. She'll be a trained seal if McCain goes 'toes up'.

Obama is a bit more of a unknown quantity, to me. Clinton has an ex-pres as an advisor. The yanks could use an african american with Muslim ties (no matter how loose they may be) to soften up the ill-feeling from the ME. It would be great, historically, to see him in power, as well.

That's as far as I look into it. I don't give a toss about pregnant daughters, or how many colleges someone has been too. It's all smoke and mirrors to me. I'm interested in what happens to my wage and my people as a result of what happens on the other side of the world.
Posted by StG, Thursday, 11 September 2008 9:08:02 AM
Polycarp “The carnal part of me looks at the 'panic' going on and finds it hilarious :)”

I must agree PC, the left of centre seem to be getting quite hysterical over the possibility of their “posterboy”, Obama, not becoming the next president.

Those who relished Hilary’s empowerment but saw her ‘ego’ prevail over running second on the ticket, have steeped themselves in a campaign of vilification regarding Sarah.

I have always been sure that those empowered to vote in US presidential elections (the Americans) , will elect the person right for the job and based on a more intimate knowledge of the candidates than we.

Anyway, from the news overnight, it sounds as though Obama’s running scared and off at the mouth, not the sort of panicky and unsteady hand anyone should want on the nuclear button.

On a comparative basis, having seem her speech last week, she comes across as a lady with the right attitude to don mantle previously worn by dearest Margaret Thatcher and in these troubling times, that is the ideal person to sit at the centre of power .
Posted by Col Rouge, Thursday, 11 September 2008 9:34:55 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy