The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Another downward step....

Another downward step....

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All
Pericles.. your observation is quite accurate.. I was only examining one aspect of the potential to increase disposable income.

Your personal experience does not change that, nor did I mean to imply that all non Christians are boozers and smokers. I'm just saying that for SOME.. those who do indulge in such ways, and there are plenty of them, repentance will result in financial benefit.

Your own change of life habits must have done that for you also. You did it for your own reasons. No argument with that. It still leaves you in spiritual 'death valley' according to the Gospel. But.. that's your own free choice.

What you did, is explained in Romans 10:3 (though in context it refers to the Israelites/Jews of Pauls day)

3Since they did not know the righteousness that comes from God (your position)

and sought to establish their own, (your reaction)

they did not submit to God's righteousness. (your on-going position)

They central aspect of that is 'they sought to establish their own'

Almost straight out of your post. Bottom line, its nothing new.

As you said in your other mini 'bite' on me in the photography thread, Atheists have diverse opinions.. yes indeed they do, and the clash between Vanilla and Ginx shows just how red hot it can be.

We Christians have a simple solution.. if we disagree we can just move away and build our own group, and many do.

Paul sees that this way "Whether they proclaim Christ out of envy, to hurt me or sincerely, I rejoice that Christ is proclaimed"

Aside from Christ.. those divergent views you mention, could take us 'any'where.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Tuesday, 27 May 2008 8:38:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul sees that this way "Whether they proclaim Christ out of envy, to hurt me or sincerely, I rejoice that Christ is proclaimed"

Ah this could be the missing link in Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah

You say I took the name in vain
I don't even know the name
But if I did, well really, what's it to ya?
There's a blaze of light
In every word
It doesn't matter which you heard
The holy or the broken Hallelujah
Posted by Divorce Doctor, Tuesday, 27 May 2008 9:17:17 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
That's quite an admission, Boaz.

When atheists disagree with each other and come to their own conclusions, it is "making it up as you go".

>>they did not submit to God's righteousness. (your on-going position) They central aspect of that is 'they sought to establish their own'<<

When Christians come to their own conclusions - and form yet another sub-sect - it is somehow NOT "making it up as you go"?

>>We Christians have a simple solution.. if we disagree we can just move away and build our own group, and many do<<

How can you possibly pretend that the two situations are somehow different?

Your instant pleading is unconvincing:

>>Aside from Christ.. those divergent views you mention, could take us 'any'where.<<

But if you Christians disagree, somehow your divergent views cannot take you "anywhere"?

How does that reconcile with the wildly divergent views on such topics as homosexuality, women priests, contraception etc. that exist under the framework of "Christianity"?

Don't look down. There's this great big hole in your foot.
Posted by Pericles, Tuesday, 27 May 2008 9:19:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy