The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why Hillary Clinton should not be chief pitcher for the Democrats.

Why Hillary Clinton should not be chief pitcher for the Democrats.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
No joy for me but she waited too long to go, her output this week helps only the Republicans.
No joy but Obama will not get over the line in November.
Big call? yep but while it would be so great to see him win it is very much up in the air.
My bet is a Republican win my wish is that I am wrong.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 9 May 2008 3:08:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hillary is not coming across as the genuine article to me.She seems manipulative and lacking in a real ethical compass.Power seems to be the central theme. Person's lust for power is inversely proportional to their own insecurity and ignorance.She disappoints me.Obama is too young and lacks experience.
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 9 May 2008 7:13:56 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
While it is the business of the USA to decide their candidates.. it is our business to put straight this odious lie which has been now accepted as Leftist orthodoxy, and which has clearly snared CJ Morgan in its tentacles.

It surprises me that CJ. who is some kind of UNI lecturer could have been so duped by this "If you say a lie long enough it becomes truth" silliness that is regularly trotted out by all those 'against the invasion'.

There is ample evidence that Sadaam DID have WMD's and that they were transported to Syria, prior to the close inspections.

We ALL know he had them because he USED them against the Kurds.

Where the USA went wrong, was suggesting that the 'REAL' wmd's might be used against the West with little evidence of that becoming a reality, at least from Iraq.

As for Al Qaeda..now that's a different story. We don't know what goes on behind Saddaams closed doors or in his mind.. and what he might decide.. he might have decided to connect with Al Qaeda to punish the West.. who knows..we sure don't....

The thing is.. making a judgement call about when to 'go in' against a potential enemy is a decision which will never please every1.

When you combine this with the strategic nature of Oil.. well.. all the guests have arrived and now the party can begin... the Left will rave on about "It blood for oil" and the 'Right' will foam at the mouth about 'Imminent threats' and so it goes on.

Perhaps it's better, with out limited information to just butt OUT of taking sides on this ?
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 9 May 2008 7:50:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Horus,

"Nuke Teheran?. Not likely. Since Dresden , Nagasaki & Hiroshima the West has painted itself into a corner .'Collective punishment' "

Dresden was bombed in response to the [accidental] bombing of working class surburbs in London, it esculated the war, new valid targets.

Nagasaki was bombed, as a demonstration to Soviets, who wanted a warm water port and divide Japan like Germany. Hiroshima was bombed (a) to win the war and (b) to test the bomb on an area not damaged by conventional bombs.

The US wanted to use Hirohito, as a puppet to develop capitalism. Because of the region Hirohito was born and his dynasty and Japanese being animist, he was regarded divine [That is why he wasn't killed after Pearl Harbor by our side].

Neither Douuglas McArthur nor Senator Joseph Grew wanted him tried and prably executed as a War Criminal. A wise choice to same him. Else, the Japanese would worked to ensure their own genocide.

In the early 1950s Hirohito gave up his divinity pleaded to progress capitalism, and MITI took over running Japan Inc. Herein, the Kietsu of today are the Zaibatsu of yesteryear. So, the Japanese power structure stayed in place, but democracy defeated militarism.

The US could have quarantined [naval] and bombed it out of existence over the next three or four years. They chose a stalward agaainst communism instead.

Assassination would prove more successful against terrorist.

There was a Roman general Decius [I don't know if he was the Emperor of the same name]. Well... To stop all the fighting c.third century CE, hr simply killed off all the politicians and church leaders. Believe it worked! Not sure my source [books in storage]; Arnold Toynbee or H.G. Wells, perhaps
Posted by Oliver, Friday, 9 May 2008 8:12:48 PM
Did you know what David Boaz,since you have left Jesus out of the equation,your logic brings you closer to your God than all the prayers in the universe.
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 9 May 2008 8:18:42 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree with Communicat's comments about the election process itself in the US. I know it's a big country but what a drawn out circus these Primaries are. There sure is a lot of money gets sunk into US style democracy. Let's hope when we become a republic we don't go down this same path to elect our president.

I would prefer to see Barak Obama run for president instead of Hillary. She has some good qualities but she still represents the same old establishment. Obama at least gives hope of real change. Whether he would be able to deliver of course is another thing. Entrenched vested interests would pull out all stops to see he didn't I would think.

Don't remember where, but I read or heard recently that there's still a slim chance of a Gore/Obama ticket. Or Obama/Gore, it wouldn't matter. What a dream team. Yes, I guess I can dream!

This might be an election for the Americans and not for us as others have pointed out. But, as the future direction of both Australia and the world will be hugely effected by its outcome, we have every right to be watching its progress closely.
Posted by Bronwyn, Saturday, 10 May 2008 2:13:04 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy