The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why are Animal Welfare groups branded as extremist by some?

Why are Animal Welfare groups branded as extremist by some?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Cowboy Joe

Peter Singer is a nutter! Unhappily, his type often infiltrate well-meaning groups, in an attempt to spread their own obscene propaganda. I can assure you that most animal activists, who risk ridicule in their efforts to ensure the proper welfare of animals, would hold Singer in the same regard as I do - abnormal and deranged!

I have failed to find any other species which engage in inter-species sex - think about it! A rooster and a cat? A monkey and a dog? Perhaps a horse and a camel? What about a ghekko and a snake?

Only the mentally stunted human species, suffering severe abnormal behavioural traits, engages in deliberate acts of bestiality!
Posted by dickie, Sunday, 29 October 2006 11:40:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dickie

How right you are. I said I would not post anymore but I couldnt leave your comment unanswered.
Peter Singer may mean well for animals but unless incredibly stupid would know his extreme ideas make it worse for them.

These so called groups who fund raise and pay themselves wages make me ill.
They are self-appointed and do not represent the feelings of Australians.
Australians by large are meat eaters.
I wrote once to this incredibly arrogant man so I can speak with some first hand knowledge about him.
I was excited about the willingness of AFIC to help increase the slaughtering of Halal kills here in Australia- saving more animals being sent overseas alive.

I received the most arrogant of letters telling me to stop anything I was doing and sell the equiptment I had informed him I purchased to set up my little office.
He told me to put my money and my familys money and get all my friends and get their money and sent it to Glenyce Of Animals Australia.
Interestingly enough I had not mentioned money it was the last thing on my mind.

He also expressed horror at any suggestion of opening more abattoirs and staffing them properly.

Well Hello Peter Singer thats what it really takes to stop live exports.

No wonder these groups are hated by the farmers.

Do you really think Peter it helps to tell people not to eat meat.?

You protest about live exports then try to stop good people working with farmers to slaughter here.

To Top it off you delude yourself that you are helping animals.

Extreme people dont help.

They Make it worse.

Thank you Dickie for raising this very important issue. Extreme groups are the biggest set back in Animal Welfare in this country.

Antje Struthmann
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Sunday, 29 October 2006 12:45:19 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well heres an initiative from two professional animal welfare organisations that could not be branded as extreme:

Yesterday - Animals Australia, in conjunction with Sydney based animal protection organisation Voiceless, The Berg Family Foundation and Hunter Hall International Ltd, launched the largest ever national advertising campaign to highlight the suffering of pigs in factory farms. This unique alliance was formed knowing that the cruel pork industry has prospered through consumer ignorance, and that due to legal exemptions based on 'commercial considerations', pigs are being subjected to practices and procedures that would be classed as cruelty offences if they were committed against the family dog or cat. In their ability to suffer, pigs are no different to the animals who have become our companions.

At the same time, Animals Australia has launched Make the Pro Pig Pledge!, a nation-wide initiative for caring consumers. We are asking all Australians who believe that these highly sensitive and intelligent animals deserve protection from acts of cruelty to make the Pro Pig Pledge - We'll update the tally of Pro Pig Pledges received on our savebabe website each week to show Pledgers - and the pork industry! - how many compassionate Australians are supporting our campaign.

Make the Pro Pig Pledge
http://www.savebabe.com/pledge.html
Posted by PF, Monday, 30 October 2006 5:22:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PF

"Savebabe" - Now you're talkin' Pig Farmer. Well done!
Posted by dickie, Tuesday, 31 October 2006 6:04:29 PM
Antje

Just discovered that Peter Singer is the co-founder of Animals Australia - eeeeekkkk!!

Unwittingly, I endorsed the "Savebabe" Animals Australia campaign (See PF's post) to halt the process of factory farmed pigs.

As I said earlier these nutters peddle their propaganda on the most unlikely forums, however, our crusade is for the humane treatment of animals, therefore, my revulsion of Singer has taken a back seat to the welfare of the hapless pig!
Posted by dickie, Tuesday, 31 October 2006 6:48:54 PM
Good on you Dickie!

Hasnt Singer moved on? AA would be a bit tame for him now wouldnt it?

All of those issues aside, I think this campaign is going to make a big statement. Well heres hoping anyway.
Posted by PF, Tuesday, 31 October 2006 7:05:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy