The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Inept governments: is there a solution?

Inept governments: is there a solution?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. All
Yeah Gibo I'd noticed how much you cared about gods word being the TRUTH after I posted some references to bible verses on the womens clothes thread (which you started) which tell you what Jesus said you should do if seeing something is causing you to sin. Given that you are still posting on OLO I assume that you've not been out and plucked out an eye or two.

You've not put a retraction on the thread admitting you got it wrong nor have you been back to explain what Jesus really meant and how that fits with your attempts to make your sin problem a means to control women's clothes choices.

Yep you obviously care a great deal about gods word. On the other hand you fundies do seem to take it pretty seriously when it's someone else who will pay the price. It's so very important when it's about a homosexual never being able to express romantic love or experience intimacy but not to be taken literally when it's about you paying the price.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Wednesday, 23 April 2008 1:11:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"China builds flat out for a perceived conflict with the USA and this nation is mostly uprepared for any sudden change in the world military climate."

Well, it's not just "perceived". The US won't give up its primacy without a fight. As for our preparation, what do you propose we do? Even if we militarised the entire nation, we could never even dent the Red Army in a dust-up. Our future in the region will rely on diplomacy and making ourselves indispensable to the Chinese, however humiliating that may feel.
Posted by Sancho, Wednesday, 23 April 2008 2:22:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sancho. Having collected a number of visions and prophecies over the last 15 years or so I do believe an invader will make it here.
Thats over and around all we have in the defence cupboard as we have established to this date.
But I dont think we have to take it as laid-back as we do.
We could suppliment Army Reserve with a citizens input. I dont think anyone in Defence gave much thought to what happens when an invader actually lands on Australian soil and moves south. Defence seems designed more to stopping a movement into the immediate region.
Many older "citizen" guys are doing nothing much apart from just sitting around having cups of tea, eating a bit of cake, and letting the years and their experience drift by and away. They could be used as "citizens input" into a citizens home guard defence force. Most youngsters are doing nothing but eating McDonalds in front of computers and watching dvds and thinking about their own desires. They could be getting preparation for national service. We could decentralise folks under a federal government back-to-the-bush scheme and spread the people more out into the bush and stop the move into big city target zones.
I think the military have already conceded half of the nation, maybe more, to an future asian army if the world climate goes that way...if theres little or no protection from the USA. This doesnt have to be.
The federal government could give them the money and we could get on with the job of defending Australia.
We dont have to let China own us at a later date. We could be ready for them much more so.
Hi RObert. Id be happy if we just got on with the thread:)
Posted by Gibo, Wednesday, 23 April 2008 2:54:39 PM
Gibo, at any point in history, someone, somewhere was having a vision or receiving a prophecy which predicts anything you care to name. If you're having visions yourself, it suggests schizophrenia.

Schizophrenics usually draw real-world events into their schema, which is why you'll find a lot of patients currently in psych wards who believe that Arabs or the Chinese are about to end the world. During the Cold War, it was Russians, and when there's no war, the mafia and aliens step in as the bad guys.

I'm not trying to insult you, but please get some help. Modern antipsychotic treatments are very effective. Get some treatment and then re-evaluate your visions. If they still hold up, then fair enough, but I worry for you and your loved ones if you let this go unchecked.
Posted by Sancho, Wednesday, 23 April 2008 3:09:58 PM
Gibo if you want to keep the thread on a particular topic then you will have to stick to it yourself.

You introduced your mental health issues in the opening post as part of the justification for the thread.

You've attempted to respond to my comments about that point by refering to how much you believe in the TRUTH of gods word.

I've pointed out how truth seems to be rather flexible for you and how gods clear and direct word does not seem to be so important when the command is obviously hurtfull and applies to you.

If you don't want that stuff in the thread then don't introduce it and don't try to hide behind it as a safe zone.

Your particular interpretation of the bible and belief in obscure prophecies does not make reality or override truth.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Wednesday, 23 April 2008 7:27:03 PM
Dear Gibo,

You should not be in a state of apprehension regarding our country's
government. As a federal, parliamentary democracy, Australia's system of government is among the most coninuous and stable in the world. Our collective commitment to democracy is something that should be universally celebrated to a much greater extent than is currently the case.

In Australia we can take great pride in being world leaders in the democratic project. The continuing rise of democracy is based on the simple, universal and powerful truth that governments should ultimately be accountable to, ruled by and governed for the people.

Our democratic history can be traced back to the Ballarat Eureka uprising of 1854 and the granting of representative and responsible government to most of Australia's then colonies around that time.
Our democratic tradition was further confirmed at federation in 1901 where our Federal Constitution was agreed to peacefully and democratically by the Australian people by referendum, highly unusual at the time.

During the constitutional crisis of 1975 other countries might have collapsed if placed in a similar scenario, but Australians simply chose to refer their differences to the ballot box. It was the instinctively Australian and democratic thing to do. Disputes in Australia are settled by votes not violence. The noble creed of democracy is the first Australian political value that we should all acknowledge and celebrate. It is a creed that holds us together.

And look at what some recent governments have achieved. Gough Whitlam in his short term in office started Medibank - the precursor to Medicare, which is the basis of our health system by providing free or easily affordable health care for all citizens. He alsoended our involvement in the Vietnam War. Malcolm Fraser built on Medibank which evolved into Medicare - the health system we still use more than 30 years later. He was also the first PM to seriosuly address the issues of Indigenous Australians, and after leaving office has become very much an elder statesman, focusing much on human rights and poverty.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 23 April 2008 9:27:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy