The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > HOMOPHOBICS - please explain!

HOMOPHOBICS - please explain!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. All
Dear Izzo,

The following website may be of some help to you:

Homophobia: The Fear Behind The Hatred.
www.bidstrup.com/phobia.htm - 23k
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 19 March 2008 6:25:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy

Excellent article, but will the I'm-not-homophobic-but (no pun intended) crowd read it and if so at least try to understand?

One thing I have never understood is that why do gay men encounter more vitriol than gay women?

Is it because the conservative male tends to see 'feminine' as less worthy, therefore if a male is homosexual he is behaving in a less 'manly' fashion and therefore something less than a 'real man'?. Whereas, a gay female is not such an affront to the 'manly' conservative male.

But after reading these threads, it is the gay male who is constantly derided, rarely anything said about lesbians.

I'm not saying that gay women don't encounter bigotry, just that gay men seem to cop a lot more flack on these forums. Also gay bashing tends to happen to men more than women.
Posted by Fractelle, Wednesday, 19 March 2008 6:49:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You want homophobia? It’s all here, from a member of the US state of Oklahoma’s House of Representatives, Sally Kern:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFxk7glmMbo

Kern claims, "I’m not gay bashing, but ... " and then in the middle of a tirade of anti-gay polemic, she distinguishes herself by stating, "I honestly think [homosexuality]’s the biggest threat our nation has, even more so than terrorism or Islam."

Anyone who thinks she’s got a point needs to read this response from a (straight) eighteen-year-old student:

http://www.pamshouseblend.com/showDiary.do;jsessionid=C247147AFDB4FC6666640B0FDF71B6E0?diaryId=4756

izzo, I guess you’ve realised by now that the enemies of tolerance need very little coaxing to come out from under their rocks.
Posted by jpw2040, Wednesday, 19 March 2008 10:33:12 PM
I'm of the firm belief that homosexuals are born gay. I also suspect that applies to paedophiles.

I hold an interest in specific chemicals such as persistent organic pollutants where scientists suspect foetal exposure to these chemicals during pregnancy may "feminise" embryos.

I have a friend, one of seven siblings, four females and three males. All three males are homosexual. Two are clearly effeminate.

Nevertheless, I cannot afford the same compassion to paedophiles who harm children - generally homosexuals do not. The issue here is that sexual practices are no-one elses business providing the sex is by consent and the sexual practices do not harm others.

I have in the past advocated for the chemical castration of paedophiles, to protect communities against these misfits and since there are many more paedophiles than most people are aware of, this remains a particularly serious and often insidious problem in society.

As to the feeling of abhorrence by many, of the sexual acts performed between homosexuals, may I remind posters that heterosexuals too indulge in sexual acts which could also be regarded as repugnant or unhygenic. These days we have rather crude descriptions of these acts such as "head jobs," "blow jobs," "going down," cunnilingus etc etc.

Perhaps people in glass houses...........?

Then nature provides us with the lovely snail which prefers to mate with itself.........hmmmmm? That reminds me of the heterosexuals who have an array of blow up dolls, vibrators and dildoes.......!

I do trust the homophobics among us are without "sin?"
Posted by dickie, Wednesday, 19 March 2008 11:43:28 PM
Why is it so? why if I say I do not like gays I would be branded homophobic?
Bad wrong all sorts of things?
Well I have not made up my mind that I do not like them, but I do not want to get too close .
Even the toughest of men must be careful in public toilets at night or is that ok?
In a pub having a quite beer in Melbourne just months ago a woman who clearly wanted to be a bloke confronted our group wanting to fight.
We had not even known she was there, so what about gays? are they free to impose themselves on the straights?
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 20 March 2008 4:54:54 AM
Dear Dickie

without sin ? heck no. That is one of a number of passages from the Bible which indeed have bearing on how the Christian relates to 'sin' in another person.

"He who is without sin,.... cast the first stone"

"How can you tell your brother about the speck in his own eye when you do not see the plank in your own"

Did Jesus condemn sin ? absolutely. Are responsible believers expected to condemn sin ? yes they most assuredly are!

Sin is condemned with healing in mind.

1Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted. 2Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. (Gal 6:1)

In regard to Homosexual behavior, a person should be admonished that this is unnacceptable to the Almighty, and should be repented of.

Until recently sex and gender issues were thought to be biological or natural rather than political. The feminist movement largely changed perceptions of gender, and the gay and lesbian movements significantly altered conceptions of sex, so that what were once seen as permanent moral standards are now viewed as historical and political constructions....

there is a two-phase pattern of sexual politics. The first is a battle to prevent the battle, to keep the issue from being seen as political and negotiable. Psychological and moral categories are used to justify ridicule and preclude any discussions of the issue, and standard Constitutional guarantees are seen as irrelevant. The second phase more closely resembles traditional politics as different groups argue over rights and privileges. Feminist and gay/lesbian politics have recently entered the second phase, while pedophilia is in the first.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Thursday, 20 March 2008 8:01:12 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy