The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > HOMOPHOBICS - please explain!

HOMOPHOBICS - please explain!

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All
Now,.... I dont want to cause an argument or offend people but Im very curious about the attitude of alot of people.

There is another thread on the forum relating to legalising gay marriages and I was incredibly surprised by the homophobic attitude alot of members have.

Im a married hetrosexual woman living in a regional area who would support and love any of my 4 kids who were gay - I was surprised that my attitude to homosexuals is not that of most.....

So, I would love to know why people who disagree with the gay lifestyle think this way? I dont want to cause any problems I simply would like to understand.
Posted by izzo, Wednesday, 19 March 2008 10:42:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Izzo...don't be worried :) just JUMP IN boots and all, and we can sort ourselves out.

Homosexual Behavior and Orientation.

Christian Perspective.
1/ For Christians the idea of a man laying with a man as with a woman, is an abomination to God. Leviticus 18, Romans 1

2/ The Biblical condemnation is for the ACT/BEHAVIOR.

3/ This condemnation is equally asserted for the following behaviors.
a)Homosexual
b)Incestual
c)Bestial.

UNANSWERED QUESTIONS.

It remains to be confirmed, whether a supposed homosexual attraction is genetic, a choice, or learned, or a result of social factors, or.. a possible combination of some or all.

Unfortunately, for those who claim it is from birth or genetic, they are immediately confronted with the problematic situation of a paedophile who can spend 30 yrs in the slammer for doing what to him is 'quite natural'.. and who comes out and within weeks re-offends, because.. "I was born this way"

Now.. we don't allow such behavior, and rightly so. Thus, I conclude, that allowing or at least promoting sympathy for such behavior is not good. I have NO time for a 'Playschool' episode showing 2 mummies or 2 daddies. That to me is child abuse of the most blatant kind.

I reject the tag 'homophobic' becuase it is a politicized term invented to attach negative/evil connotations to people who oppose such behavior.

So, perhaps we can redirect the question "Incestaphobes..please explain" or.. "Bestiality-a-phobes.. please explain" or "Paedophilaphobes, Please explain"
Posted by BOAZ_David, Wednesday, 19 March 2008 11:26:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"I was surprised that my attitude to homosexuals is not that of most....."

That's your first mistake, thinking that other people must have the same attitude as you do.

If your 4 kids were homosexual, of course you would still love them; but they are not homesexual, are they?

Homophobics is a particularly stupid word. Being opposed to homosexuality for whatever reason does not necessarily mean that one hates homosexuals.

Many people think that ahborrence of unnatural sexual practices is based on religious belief. In my case, this is not so as I am totally irreligious. The only thing I can suggest you think about is the anatomical risibility of the physical act between people of the same sex,and the natural (not religious) function of that sex act.

You will hear all sorts of stuff from apologists about what happened between Ancient Greeks, animals and other tales. None of them make homosexuality right. Oh, and I forgot the old chestnut about anal sex between heterosexuals. Just as disgusting, unhealthy and possibly fatal. We are talking about burrowing dung in both cases.

Of coure,the only replies you should get are from people you call incorrectly call 'homophobes', but you find that 'homophobe' haters will not be able to resist having a go.
Posted by Leigh, Wednesday, 19 March 2008 11:27:02 AM
Im not homophobic, I just don't like poofters.

Apart form that the way they carry on, I am becoming concerned it might be make compulsory and we all have to learn what colour "Teal" is and take interior design courses.

- now where's me roll of lino?
Posted by Col Rouge, Wednesday, 19 March 2008 11:52:11 AM
"Unfortunately, for those who claim it is from birth or genetic, they are immediately confronted with the problematic situation of a paedophile who can spend 30 yrs in the slammer for doing what to him is 'quite natural'.. and who comes out and within weeks re-offends, because.. "I was born this way""

They're not "immediately confronted" with that at all David. Most people experience their sexual desires as "natural" - I'm sure you do also. You are talking about the issue of consent. Children cannot give consent.

You've had enough conversations on these forums to understand this. Answer the question honestly.
Posted by Vanilla, Wednesday, 19 March 2008 12:12:30 PM
Any man who has used a decent amount of public toilets in their life is more than likely to have come accross some kind of sexual advances or behaviour from a gay guy. Probably about half a dozen times in my life I have heard masturbating, or waves of hands under the door, or guys hanging around with leery looks. Now I'm not too worried, but the threat of rape is there, to a lesser extent than what a woman would feel if there were men roaming about the women's toilets of course.

Most people fob this off as stupid people thinking all gay guys are going to proposition them or something, but women especially I think are unaware of the above reality. Whether you're comfortable in your sexuality or not this behaviour's confronting. I wouldn't like my kids to be exposed to such behaviour. Not all gays do this, but anyone who remembers a Sydney department store closing it's toilets for this very reason will accept it happens.

Mostly though, I just hate camp accents. I find them really irritating, and I cant understand why being attracted to men changes the way you talk. I know many gay men who don't talk like this, so why all the stupid theatrics from the camp guys. Some talk normally, then 'come out' and all of a sudden they talk in this stupid and irritating way.
Posted by Whitty, Wednesday, 19 March 2008 2:48:33 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy