The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What's in a name?

What's in a name?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Good on ya Foxy!

I'm still with you in my thinking - especially about double barrelled names, though I've enjoyed this repartee and am so glad they've reached a compromise and begun what will obviously prove a fruitful marriage.
Posted by Corri, Wednesday, 12 December 2007 8:00:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Just a post script to my recent decision to keep my maiden name when marrying for the second time. A parcel arrived addressed to MacKenzie (my husband's name). It had to be signed for so he eventually managed to get across town at great inconvenience to pick it up. When he got there it was addressed to Susan MacKenzie but they allowed him to pick it up, even though I couldn't as I had no ID with MacKenzie on it. He did the equivalent of an "I told you so" smirk, as in "you should have become Mrs MacKenzie"! I guess we are going to get little annoyances like this but I shall stick to my guns. Prior it is!
Cheers
Susan Prior - Ed
Posted by SusanP, Wednesday, 12 December 2007 8:39:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To Everyone,

Thanks for all your inputs into this thread. They've been great!

It looks like my son's family is to have double-barrelled names.
It's their choice and we'll get used to it.

As long as they're happy with it that's what matters.

I'm just ecstatic to be getting such a lovely daughter-in-law.
She is very special!
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 12 December 2007 9:22:22 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy