The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Unions - are they still relevant in 2024?

Unions - are they still relevant in 2024?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
"You didn't win this race - we ran side by side."

No Foxy you were the first to question the figures based on your perception of photograaphs of protests. You won that dubious race.

But to your credit you were the first to realise your error. So....well done.
Posted by mhaze, Thursday, 29 August 2024 5:58:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Nathan,

In general I agree with your comment, not that the Greens MP should have address the rally, but I don't think someone in the crowd should be painting Albo as Hitler, although they may feel strongly about the issue. Yes, like any large or small organisation there can be "rotten apples" in the barrel, unions are no exception. Having said that I agree with the principles of unionism, and the fight for workers rights.

p/s A case in question, over $40 billion illegally owed in unpaid superannuation.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 29 August 2024 6:44:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
where he is compared to Neo Nazi Germany is plainly disgusting.
NathanJ,
It was spellt Albanazi not Albaneonazi ! Still, not nice just as not nice as his Modus operandi !
Posted by Indyvidual, Thursday, 29 August 2024 10:57:58 AM
There is a need for 'unions'.
However, they must be carefully controlled by their membership.
Just as governments are (hopefully) controlled by the people.
And unions need to be far more open to scrutiny.
Just as democratic governments are.
At present they appear to be a hub for all kinds of illicit behaviour.
I am relying on the veracity of news reports when I say this.
The government, which is the ultimate controlling body, has moved to do something about it.
They could not do otherwise.
And we would expect no less of them.
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Wednesday, 4 September 2024 7:57:51 PM
Ipso Fatso,
I go along with that !
Posted by Indyvidual, Friday, 6 September 2024 7:22:49 PM
Just as democratic governments are.
Ipso Fatso,
Missed that one earlier, it's just plain wrong ! Of course I only have Labor to go by & the Democrats In America !
Posted by Indyvidual, Friday, 6 September 2024 8:58:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy