The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Unions - are they still relevant in 2024?

Unions - are they still relevant in 2024?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
mhaze,

BTW:

I was the first one who gave a link containing all the
relevant information. So you have to share the "glory."
You didn't win this race - we ran side by side.
Although I didn't realize this was a competition.
The Donald is certainly have an influence.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 28 August 2024 5:01:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The political extreme attack trade unions as unnecessary, and then attempt to remove them from society, seeing unions as being opposed to the state ideology of authority over all, and therefore a danger to state authoritarianism. You can see that's the message being peddled on this forum from the Usual Suspects. Nothing new, Hitler and Stalin were of the same belief.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 28 August 2024 5:04:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Workers clearly don't want unions anymore. So, why the hell would people who don't work - us - want them!
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 28 August 2024 5:13:56 PM
It's beyond believe how some humans cling to so much wrong as being right !
For such mentality one would have to have attended Uni because no natural degree of stupidity could achieve such levels !
Posted by Indyvidual, Wednesday, 28 August 2024 6:03:57 PM
The CFMEU is to unionism as child abuse is to the Catholic Church. Like the Catholic Church, unions have done and continue to do good things for people. Their essence is one of greater bargaining power for employees. I don't see that as a bad thing and the fact that Elon Musk hates them can only be an endorsement.
Posted by Fester, Wednesday, 28 August 2024 6:54:58 PM
There are some people here defending Unions, some of the comments fair, but me some of them are not.

A Federal Greens member of parliament has defended turning up to a CFMEU rally recently, despite protest signs with words such as "Albanazi".

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-08-28/greens-leader-defends-mp-cfmeu-rally-attendance/104281238

Quite frankly that's appalling. What ever you may think of the current Prime Minister Anthony Albonese that's one thing, but attending a protest rally where he is compared to Neo Nazi Germany is plainly disgusting.

The criminal activity also alleged against the CFMEU is also very serious. It's not something to take lightly. I wouldn't be supporting them at a protest rally like we have seen with some MP's lately. There are more important fish to fry and people in need of support - and that includes building workers who are not Union members.

I agree the CFMEU are not the majority of Union members potentially involved in criminal activity as put out in the media, but regardless if what they have alleged to have done is true - there's no way I'd consider joining or supporting them.

I think The Greens have picked the wrong piece of fruit to eat here.
Posted by NathanJ, Wednesday, 28 August 2024 10:48:01 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy