The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Unions - are they still relevant in 2024?

Unions - are they still relevant in 2024?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Oooops. My apologies for the typo. Here's the link again:

http://sydney.edu.au/news-opinion/news/2023/07/17/stronger-union-rights-can-mean-more-productive--sustainable-work.html#:
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 28 August 2024 1:58:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"If that's true..."

If that's true? Struth.

These are figures from the Australian Bureau of Statistics. So yeah they are true.

But if you don't want it to be true, then it isn't? Isn't that so.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 28 August 2024 2:41:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mhaze,

I didn't mean to question you old chap. I gave the
same figures myself - had you bothered to read
my posts. The difference between us was - I explained
why the figures happened to be what they were.

Calm down.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 28 August 2024 2:57:12 PM
Some people just can't answer a simple question asked of OLO posters without referring to organisations that have nothing to do with OLO. You either think that unions are relevant or you don't think that they are relevant.

What the Sydney University thinks is definitely not relevant: for posters who think for themselves, that is.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 28 August 2024 3:59:45 PM
" I gave the same figures myself - had you bothered to read my posts."

You used the same figures AFTER I'd called you out. So I had read your posts BEFORE I called you out, I'd have found someone questioning the accuracy of the numbers based on protest crowd sizes. Same old Foxy.

Still its nice to see you are sometimes capable of learning.

So with unions representing around 1 in 20 private employees, (and those numbers don't include self-employed) we find that they have very little place in the day-to-day lives of those people.

Its not so for public employees who use unions to extract more funds from government who then raise taxes on the public employees, but that's called being fair in Labor circles!!

People are affected by the strikes and go-slows from the public sector unions but I think most people simply mark that down as part and parcel of how government works.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 28 August 2024 4:30:18 PM
mhaze,

As Donald Trump would say,
You're a fantastic knowledgeable well-informed poster.
Great, really great.
Really terrific.
Other posters, especially females,
Losers, total Woke-Left-Wing Marxists.
Believe me, Everyone here agrees!

Struth!
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 28 August 2024 4:53:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy