The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > British Riots Surprised it Took so Long eg Rotherham

British Riots Surprised it Took so Long eg Rotherham

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. Page 20
  10. All
This belief that land once conquered by moslems remains Islamic land
forever. From something I have just heard during the 7th century there
was no talk of Islam at all. It appears that Mohammad did not
appear with Islam till sometime in the 8th century.
The Arab armies that invaded Mesopotamia and surrounding areas in the
7th century did not do so as moslems.
It appears that some historians have established this and others
should have no problems confirming it.
The corollary of this is that Mohammad did not exist !
I think the implication is that Islam is an 8th century invention !
Posted by Bezz, Saturday, 7 September 2024 3:38:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bezz,

Correct, there may have never existed a Mohammad, a Christ or a Budha. I can only speculate about Christ, who some claim at best is a composite figure, the result of the teachings of several prophets incorporated in an ancient sect of Judaism. Much of the words of Christ are in reality the thoughts, words and beliefs of Saul Of Tarsus (St Paul). Christ who I believe did exist, was in my mind a moral human being, and was raised to the exalted position of a god sometime after his death. Supernatural acts ie miracles, attributed to Christ during his lifetime, are almost certainly fabrications, to add impetus to the claim of Christs divinity.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 7 September 2024 4:29:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes Paul,
The Romans were real bureaucrats so perhaps there are records
of Pontius Pilot's regime in Judea as I think Israel was called by the Romans.
Posted by Bezz, Sunday, 8 September 2024 12:01:02 PM
Yes Bezz, there are independent accounts of Christs existence, for example the Jewish historian Josephus give a scant mention of his existence, but he doesn't attribute any great significance to him at the time. I'm sure Christ involved himself in the political/religious affairs, it was impossible to separate politics from religion in those days. Christ was most likely executed, like thousands of other, by the Romans. Pontius Pilot who we know definitely existed, and was Roman Governor of Judea for a period of 11 years, is portrayed in the Bible as a weak vacillating figure, he was nothing of the kind, considered "ideal" by the Roman authority to oversee the troublesome province of Judea. Pilot would have sentenced a low class Jew like Christ to death quicker than you can say "Crucifixion!".

Another absolute impossibility is the notion that Christ's body was removed from the cross on the same day as his execution. One of the reasons for Roman crucifixion was as an example to others. The idea was for the corps to hang there until it rotted away, a kind of Roman bill board for all to see. BTW on the site where Christ was crucified there was capacity for up to 50 crucifixions on the upper and lower levels, shows the Romans were busy boys.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 9 September 2024 7:03:20 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. Page 20
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy