The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Assange Freed Aust Bound

Assange Freed Aust Bound

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. ...
  14. 17
  15. 18
  16. 19
  17. All
The Australian newspaper writes that Foreign Minister
Penny Wong has said "the government will not tolerate
the leaking of top secret information like
that published by Julian Assange."

This is a warning to Mr Assange regarding his future
activities in Australia.

Lets hope that this will be noted and that everyone will
now move on. The government did its job in bringing an
Australian Citizen home. The Australian Citizen and his
family should now move on - as the government is doing.

Hopefully this story has now ended.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 28 June 2024 10:33:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Foxy,

"the government will not tolerate
the leaking of top secret information like
that published by Julian Assange."

So the exposure of war crimes, the murder of innocent people by Australian military criminals, will not be tolerated, that's the exposure not the murders. Of course the Australian government and/or the military are going to freely fess up to those criminal acts. We can see how that has happened in the past. General Brassbottom rushing out into the street to tell all and sundry about the acts of his murderous men, okay, I can't wait for that day.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 28 June 2024 3:43:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Paul,

I think that Penny Wong's statement is meant to discourage
any future Julian Assange's actions in Australia.
It's a warning to hackers in general - not to delve into government
security documents.

Some things do need to remain confidential. I think we
can all agree on that.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 28 June 2024 4:26:31 PM
Hi Foxy

It'll be interesting if Assange's love of fame, achieved through publishing stolen Western secrets, finally trumps the deal Assange made with Albo's government - that Assange should now follow the legal straight and narrow.

Working against that is Trump, no doubt boosting Assange's ego by Trump saying he would consider pardoning Assange if/when Trump again becomes president.

Cheers Mavs
Posted by Maverick, Friday, 28 June 2024 5:46:59 PM
All the US have done is taken an impediment to working with Australia off the table.

"Working against that is Trump, no doubt boosting Assange's ego by Trump saying he would consider pardoning Assange if/when Trump again becomes president."

Trump had his chance to pardon Assange.
Indeed he should've because Assange had published the Podesta emails prior to the 2016 elections and helped put Trump in the Whitehouse, but maybe that conflict of interest was why he didn't.
Trump chose people like Mike Pompeo and John Bolton.

I saw about 10 minutes of the Trump /Biden debate, it was so exciting I decided to go clean the fridge instead.

Tucker Carlson scorches ‘stupid’ Australian journalist during Canberra visit
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/tucker-carlson-scorches-stupid-australian-journalist-during-canberra-visit/news-story/406191900b528d0f0607256a44dd791a
- She was stupid alright.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 28 June 2024 11:16:30 PM
"Some things do need to remain confidential. I think we
can all agree on that."

- If the Australian government is committing wrongdoing in my name Foxy I'd rather it be exposed than it continue.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 28 June 2024 11:20:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13