The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Assange Freed Aust Bound

Assange Freed Aust Bound

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. All
" Russian military claimed that over 13000 Ukrainian soldiers have been eliminated"
Oh well, if the Russian said it, it must be true!

What won't AC fall for?
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 1 July 2024 11:31:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mhaze,
I listen to western military and political analysts.
You obviously listen to western newspapers.

You should probably watch that last video.
It could be very informative to someone like you.
Try to unscramble your brain.

Find out what's really wrong with the west and our stupid ideology in regards to 'liberal rules based order'.

Then do yourself a favour and learn something about Russia.

Scott Ritter: Russia is DESTROYING Ukraine’s Army and NATO Won’t Survive Putin’s Next Move
http://youtu.be/CwiyIRm0DX8
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 2 July 2024 7:24:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard

Dear Armchair Critic,

You wrote :

« My issue is the attitude of the interviewer;

They act as though they are personally more relevant and important than the person being interviewed.

I don't like the open disrespect »

Yes, some are pretentious, some are politically biased and some just want to blow their own horn and hold the centre stage as long as possible. Others don’t do much else apart from holding a microphone in front of the person supposedly being “interviewed”.

Like just about every other profession, I guess, it’s a mixed bag of some of the best and a lot of the worst.

Here is an article on how the written press in my home territory has evolved over the years :

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/article/2024/jun/30/we-dont-know-whats-going-on-any-more-how-australia-lost-its-rural-newspapers?utm_term=66820da25c89882dc90d86d3d35ccd47&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayAUS&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=GTAU_email

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Tuesday, 2 July 2024 8:17:50 AM
AC

"I listen to western military and political analysts."

Yes, you might listen to all sorts of stuff. But you only believe the stuff that supports the views you've already set. Only accepting views that are supportive of what you already decided you want to be true isn't a search for truth - its a search for confirmation.

This is how you end up with daft notions like the eminent fall of Odessa, the massive breakout following the fall of Bakhmut or the straight up lies about the Russian language bans. These are all things you asserted with the same certainty you show today based on what the people you choose to believe have told you. And they were all wrong. To my way of thinking, if you get led down the garden path once, you don't follow that person any longer. But not only do you not learn from you past errors, you double down on them.

As to my knowledge of Russia, I've told you before that I spent 30 years of my career visiting Russia at least twice a year and I maintain a group of Russian friends who are happy to keep me informed about the on-the-ground views in Moscow, St Petersburg and the provinces. Some are pro-Putin, some aren't. I don't rely on anything I read in western or Russian press but do put a degree of credence on actual video evidence - eg the partial abandonment of Sevasterpol.

And I always remain cognisant of the 'fog of war' and the fact that truth is the first casualty of war. That's why I'd never ever fall for claims from one side about the other side's casualties. 13000 deaths!! how naive can you be?
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 2 July 2024 10:39:36 AM
"Yes, you might listen to all sorts of stuff. But you only believe the stuff that supports the views you've already set. Only accepting views that are supportive of what you already decided you want to be true isn't a search for truth - its a search for confirmation."

Well, those people opinions have been confirmed many many times over.

And that may be how you see it, but at the same time that's exactly what you'd say if you were listening to the crap that was coming out of the West.

Go here - they will tell you everything you want to hear to confirm your own biases and keep banging the drums of war.
http://www.youtube.com/@ListenToTimesRadio

Don't bother listening to anyone sensible.

Everything you need to believe to remain invested in a losing war for the sake of the US empire.
Hope you've got your rifle and pack ready, coz that's where we're all headed if the 'majority' of dumb schmucks don't wake up.

The claims you all make will be proven false in time, just as all the claims I make will probably come to pass.

"13000 deaths!! how naive can you be?"
You are the one who's being naive, because you can't comprehend the scale of death and carnage that untrained Ukrainians are being sent into. Even Zelensky can't hide it, they've come out saying they're mobilising 5000 a day, but that's a lie. And they are also talking about the fact that Ukraine can't maintain this forever and will have to negotiate.

But you won't hear that, because it might damage Bidens election chances and in case you haven't heard that means the end of the free world, with Donald Trump being elected.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 2 July 2024 11:40:07 AM
"eg the partial abandonment of Sevasterpol."

Well they are in range of drones and missiles from Odessa.
Keep deliberately killing civilians and Putin will just keep increasing his buffer zone. It will just harden Russian resolve to end up taking Odessa instead of leaving it on the table for negotiations.

Russia has several entire armies not even committed to the fight yet, he's holding them back in case of full NATO intervention, but right now he's happy to chew the Ukrainians up slowly, that's what winning a war of attrition means, he could go faster but would take more losses, meanwhile the West is losing the economic battle, Europes becoming fractured, and in recession, all those leaders will be gone soon as predicted.

And considering Russia has taken out a large amount of energy infrastructure and winters coming, what are the Ukrainians going to do?
They don't have weapons, they don't have ammunition.
They're not getting any more aid till after November, if they get any.
Wat are they going to do - Freeze?

Putin is slowly denazifying and demilitarising, as planned.
And they have BRICS, they have all the resources and countries are lining up the give the US the boot.

The West is destroying itself clinging onto the past.
Thinking it could rule the whole world with a payment system.
Thats naive.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 2 July 2024 11:53:57 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. All