The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Don't just remove Australia Day merchandise or change the date, remove the day!

Don't just remove Australia Day merchandise or change the date, remove the day!

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 49
  8. 50
  9. 51
  10. All
Woolworths has decided to no longer sell Australia Day merchandise.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01-11/woolworths-big-w-shops-australia-day-merch-sales-decision/103309612

Supermarket chain Aldi has also said it will no longer sell Australia Day merchandise.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/second-big-supermarket-axes-australia-day-merchandise/news-story/56ae0e48a237f43c0e50c7413c44905b

Opposition Leader Peter Dutton is calling for Australians to boycott Woolworths and shop elsewhere. The Prime Minister Anthony Albanese has stated people should buy a rack of lamb and enjoy Australia Day with friends and family.

One small business that sells lots of items under $5.00 has decided to keep selling Australia Day merchandise, but has suggested changing the date.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12950217/2-store-owner-Australia-Day.html

Instead though of expressing outrage over some merchandise, telling people to buy a rack of lamb or changing the date why not simply remove Australia Day altogether?
Posted by NathanJ, Friday, 12 January 2024 2:21:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rather pathetic really.
What would you replace it with. I have seen some weak suggestions.

What could replace the arrival of the First Fleet ?
The BIGGEST event in 65000 years !

HOW DO YOU TOP THAT !
Posted by Bezza, Friday, 12 January 2024 3:39:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Coles is hoping to take customers from woke-riddled Woolworths by doing the right thing by Australia Day.

People who say "remove the day" should remove themselves from the country, self-hating, anti-Australia rabbits that they are.

This post is just Nathan embarrassing himself again.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 12 January 2024 4:22:55 PM
What could replace the arrival of the First Fleet ?
The BIGGEST event in 65000 years !

HOW DO YOU TOP THAT !
Posted by Bezza,

Totally agree.
But the first fleet arrived 24 January 1788> the WOKE do not accept Australian settlement and claim the land was stolen not settled - that is why they call it invasion day. That millions of Australians past and present who became citizens on 26th Jan over the past years means nothing to the WOKE, they see them also as invaders. No date will satisfy those that believe the land was stolen, their claim that they settled the land over 65,000 years ago, their sovereignty has not been succeeded.

The Woke want to control your buying habits and thoughts and values. They invested heavily in the Voice which they lost by 62% but they will continue to fight their causes - "Australia belong to aboriginals". The land was stolen and genocide was warred on Aboriginals. All this taught in schools and Universities by Marxist teachers, as social injustice.
Posted by Josephus, Friday, 12 January 2024 4:34:31 PM
Why don't the wokies who think that their ancestors 'stole' the country bugger off to where those ancestors came from. They won't be missed, and will soon be replaced by immigrants who don't care about who did what to whom a couple of centuries ago. They see Australia as a good place to be, unlike a few pathetic whingeing commos would wouldn't know if their arses were on fire.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 12 January 2024 4:49:30 PM
ttbn,

I don't consider buying a cheap mini-flag made in China to be pro-Australia.

I also find the Opposition Leader Peter Dutton calling for a boycott of Woolworths to be un-Australian, anti-jobs and anti-business. I mean think of all the hard working people there. They don't have any say on the decisions made by the store - and I certainly wouldn't want any losing their jobs from people boycotting Woolworths. I don't see why the staff there should be thrown into this debate.

I know people who work at Woolworths and they deserve to be treated with respect, including by Peter Dutton, Leader of the Opposition, not treated as some sort of pawn for political point scoring to get a few votes.
Posted by NathanJ, Friday, 12 January 2024 6:12:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 49
  8. 50
  9. 51
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy