The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Don't just remove Australia Day merchandise or change the date, remove the day!

Don't just remove Australia Day merchandise or change the date, remove the day!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 49
  11. 50
  12. 51
  13. All
Maybe it is a little sinister. Qantas got right behind the Voice with donations, free flights and slogan bearing aircraft. What did Qantas get in return for its support? And what of all the other companies jumping in with virtue signalling largesse? Were they fearful of development applications going in the bottom drawer or the discovery of indigenous spirits that would kill their projects altogether?

As has been frequently observed on this forum, wicked capitalists are devoid of morals and only interested in the dollar, so why the obsequious support for cult leader Albo's anti-nationalism?
Posted by Fester, Saturday, 13 January 2024 12:26:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't think Woolworth's workers will be “impacted” (the violence of being hit by a bus). They won't even be ‘affected’, the correct word in this situation. They will continue going to work and being paid.

Woolworths have most of the trade: 37% as opposed to 25% for Coles and 10% for all the others.

No need to clutch your pearls, Nathan. Dutton can huff and puff as much as he likes. Unlike you, most people won't know or care what he says. Huffing and Puffing is what politicians do.

Without fail, someone or some group likes to virtue signal, every year, about Australia Day, Anzac Day, Christmas Day. And, every year, someone like you has to make a fuss about it.

It's all BS, mate. 80% of Australians couldn't care less.

Do you know what I do for Australia Day? Buggerall. What irritates me is the pointless yabber from a small minority of people who get excited about things well above their pay grade; year in, year out.

“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference”.

Besides: I don't even shop at Woolworths. I can do sweet Fanny Adams about their anti-Australian virtue signalling. All will be forgotten until next year, when you or someone else will drag it up again.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 13 January 2024 2:31:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh dear, here we go again. So a company makes a commercial decision not to stock certain products because said products aren't selling. A decision which is central to the ideal of both capitalism and democracy that Mr. Potatohead claims to hold dear and true to his very being.

Instead, he displays all the traits of the political animal and hypocrite that he is and calls for a ban on the company involved. All the lemmings join the outcry claiming that those who don't join them are "woke-riddled", "troglodytes" "self-hating anti-Australian" in the well worn and boringly repetitive trope of the right wing nutters. And just to hammer the 'truth' home even further, we are all anti-everything, left wing, Jew-hating, left wing Marxist commies. Yawn!
Posted by Aries54, Saturday, 13 January 2024 2:45:43 PM
Firstly Dutton is a political grub of the first order.

Most of us are wanting lower prices on groceries and yet 'culture wars Dutton' wants Woolies to subsidise a loss making line of lower demand knick knacks from China and make up the money on other items.

Woolies have cited "gradual decline in community demand". If even half the nuppities sooking up about this went and purchased the stock then Woolies would still be in the market.

As for the them boycotting Woolies go for it. Hopefully less demand will drive lower prices for the rest of us.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Saturday, 13 January 2024 3:04:15 PM
"Woolworths have most of the trade: 37% as opposed to 25% for Coles and 10% for all the others....and the other 28% don't eat, the gubba got it wrong. I want a pair of those floppy ears Aussie flag things in the $2 shop, so I can wrap myself in a Chinese made Aussie beach towel and well.....
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 13 January 2024 3:49:18 PM
What. We have to talk about cost of living and nothing else! The culture wars are booming. But let's bang on about cost of living, which can be dealt with by individuals budgeting properly.

Paul-hiding-behind-your-granddaughter-but-getting-caught,

Gubba is a derogatory (fancy you being derogatory) aboriginal word for white people and other non-aboriginals.

Are you aboriginal, or are you misappropriating? That would be a big no-no for an ultra-Left virtue-signaller like you!
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 13 January 2024 5:00:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 49
  11. 50
  12. 51