The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Budget for aboriginal

Budget for aboriginal

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. 12
  14. All
Jose'

I will not give a name, but I will give you a piece from a review of his earlier book;

"has done a remarkable job in bringing this frontier so graphically back to life in the light of concerted efforts to suppress such stories. As he shows, even colonial governments took a large hand in the task of suppression and it takes quite an effort of reconstructive ingenuity to piece the broken pieces of the puzzle back together again. He has managed this with remarkable persistence, a capacity to follow up on tiny clues and an understanding of motivation and reaction based not only upon an historical sensibility but also on a strong grasp of social psychology. I like his personal interpolations into the story and his use of psychology to speculate upon the effects of massacres on people, not simply to record that certain massacres actually occurred. Further; this book gives us another story of valiant though thwarted Aboriginal resistance."

"Colonial times" was central to the talk, the 19th and early part of the 20th century, not the 1940s - 1960s you refer to; "police in those days used force" The actions of Boarder and Native police along with other enforcement units is central to what took place. Native police were well trained Aboriginals under European command. Their primary roll was the subjugation of other Aboriginals by all necessary means, even murder.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 20 May 2023 11:45:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So, his name must be protected because his stories are his opinions and cannot be tested. He authors books and lectures for profit.
Posted by Josephus, Saturday, 20 May 2023 4:36:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Proud Boy Jose'

Considering your forum record of extreme racists bigotry I see no point in accommodating your demands. From behind your cloak of anonymousness you would simply attack and denigrate an eminent historian who would be in no position to defend himself. Besides I didn't address you in the first instance, you simply threw in your 2 cent worth, and I couldn't care less what you think.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 20 May 2023 5:43:34 PM
Paul1405,
What you perpetually bleat as racism, isn’t racism at all. It’s a mere drawing attention to your hypocritical hatred for those who you live off !
Posted by Indyvidual, Saturday, 20 May 2023 8:12:27 PM
Hi Indy,

One sign of a racists, he will continually tell negative anecdotal stories about individual members of a particular race, often based on hearsay from a third party. The hope is that the reader or listener will extrapolate and link that negativity to all within that race. Indy you would be quite familiar with your; "I know a bloke, yuda, yada, yada...",stories about Aboriginals behaving badly. Jose is a classic, I made reference to historical events of the 19th and early 20th centuries, the bloke couldn't help himself had to chime in with his own bit of negativity about drunken Aboriginals in Northern NSW 1940-1960. BTw he was playing with them for upwards of 30 years, so he said, maybe he was.

You'll like this one; On Friday, had a chap, rather excited and verbally aggressive, either off his meds, or on something, demanding a cuppa tea and shouting "I'm the real Australian, I only want a f@#%$en cup of tea from you bastards"... a reassuring chat, a cuppa, and a little bag of goodies, he quietens down and he's on his way, He's not typical by any stretch, but he has problems, far more than you and I, and that's to be understood, he's not to be condemned. BTW all those kinds of instances are recorded for records.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 21 May 2023 5:14:35 AM
Professor John Maynard's strong family connections in the Aboriginal rights movement inspired his research.

Gary Presland is an archaeologist and historian, with long-standing research interests in the pre-contact Indigenous culture, and natural history, of the Melbourne area. He has written extensively on these topics over the past 40 years. He is a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society of Victoria and an Honorary Fellow in the School of Geography at University of Melbourne.

Emeritus Professor Richard Broome at La Trobe University.

Gary Foley was born in Grafton (1950), northern NSW of Gumbainggir descent. Expelled from school aged 15, Foley came to Sydney as an apprentice draughtsperson.

Since then he has been at the centre of major political activities including the:

Springbok tour demonstrations (1971)
Tent Embassy in Canberra (1972)
Commonwealth Games protest (1982)
protests during the bicentennial celebrations (1988).
Foley was involved in the establishment of the first Aboriginal self-help and survival organisations including:

Redfern’s Aboriginal Legal Service
Aboriginal Health Service in Melbourne
National Black Theatre.
In 1974 he was part of an Aboriginal delegation that toured China and in 1978 he took films on black Australia to the Cannes Film festival.

Foley has been:

a director of the Victorian Aboriginal Health Service (1981), Aboriginal Arts Board (1983-86) and Aboriginal Medical Service Redfern (1988)
senior lecturer at Swinburne College
consultant to the Royal Commission into Black Deaths in Custody (1988)
board member of the Aboriginal Legal Service
on the national executive of the National Coalition of Aboriginal Organisations.
Posted by Josephus, Sunday, 21 May 2023 8:52:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 10
  12. 11