The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > One voice

One voice

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 28
  12. 29
  13. 30
  14. All
Failing Opposition Leader Dutton has said that Ockernese is treating voters like mugs with the Voice. Voters will be mugs only if they don't vote NO. Ocker doesn't matter.

Dutton is the mug for whining about 'details' when he should be firmly opposing the Voice like his National Party colleague. To hell with details. The referendum just asks if the racist nonsense should go ahead. N0 will finish the whole thing: no details needed.

Now is the time for the Nationals to break the coalition and stand candidates in all Liberal seats for the next election. The Liberals are finished. Too many Leftists, and the weakest leader ever.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 8 January 2023 1:56:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
WTF?

ttbn references someone else's opinion: " it would take a very brave government to do something relating to Indigenous affairs that the Voice opposed"

The Voice is designed to be complementary to Government. It is not opposing anything.

I expect Governments to be brave when it comes to all its affairs not just Indigenous ones.

ttbn states: "In other words, the Voice would be telling the Government what to do."

This is a completely false statement. Check the previously supplied source material.

ttbn states: "There would be nothing advisory about this Third Chamber for 3% of the population; it would be calling the tune."

This is a completely false statement. Check the previously supplied source material.
Posted by WTF? - Not Again, Sunday, 8 January 2023 2:10:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
WTF

Your belief in, or like for, a particular 'source' doesn't make that source correct. There are all sorts of stories out there. As I said to Josephus, there is no point in arguing with idealogical ratbags. You believe what you choose to believe by all means. No skin off my nose.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 8 January 2023 3:46:19 PM
WTF?
ttbn I think now you are just trying to be deliberately obtuse.

I have provided (as have others) either links to or names of the documentation associated with the Voice.

This has been an ongoing discussion. The sources that you have been provided with are not stories. They are the official documentations.

Once again - read before you comment.

Calling into question the validity of said documentation without being prepared to read and analyse it is just low effort commenting yet again.
Posted by WTF? - Not Again, Sunday, 8 January 2023 4:52:09 PM
Note exactly what Foxy stated about Governmembers and she is informed, so we should believe her.
"They have no powers to speak on behalf of Indigenous people."
So, the Voice has more power than aboriginals' senators advise in Parliament. This does not sound like an advisory body but a body with power to serve one race of people. My friend who works with aboriginals in the NT says they do not want other aboriginals telling them what they want. They just want to get on with their lives without interference from the Government. They want to live in a single large room house with the roof down at the sides to about 60 Cm above the ground with a fire pit in the middle of the room and a chimney out through the roof with an attached toilet and shower. That way they can oversee the family, as rooms isolate, and cause pain in incarceration.
Posted by Josephus, Sunday, 8 January 2023 4:55:09 PM
Dear Josephus,

I really had forgotten how thick you are at times but thanks for the reminder.

The fact you are rabbiting RWNJ talking points shows you really aren't thinking about this for yourself. Both Foxy and WTF recommended you go and do some more reading of the extensive amount of information out there but you and sticking to your petty little script.

You decry Foxy for saying:

"As for there being some Aboriginal senators in parliament?
They represent and are obligated to serve their electorates
only. They have no powers to speak on behalf of Indigenous
people."

Then you deliver this gem: "My friend who works with aboriginals in the NT says they do not want other aboriginals telling them what they want."

That is the bloody point of the Voice you fool. 38 separate regions being represented by 25 on the Voice body and not at the whim of electorate politics potentially stripping away indigenous representation.

Look I know you have little interest about better informing yourself nor about embracing the many positives that will come about, but the application of even a modicum of intelligence would be appreciated.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Sunday, 8 January 2023 5:19:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 28
  12. 29