The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > One voice

One voice

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20
  13. ...
  14. 28
  15. 29
  16. 30
  17. All
Foxy,

I have always opposed legally enforced racial discrimination. I'm sorry if that troubles you.

That Labor is fighting tooth and nail to shut down debate on this topic and prevent people from getting the information they deserve points to the complete lack of integrity in the labor party.
Posted by shadowminister, Monday, 16 January 2023 2:12:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Very true shadowminister

Labor is fighting tooth and nail to shut down debate on the Voice.

This is why Albanese, under pressure from the Labor Left, is refusing to follow the Referendum Convention of providing each voter/"elector" with two 2000 WORD ARGUMENTS on the YES and NO CASES concerning the Voice Proposal.

Regarding this Convention see http://www.aph.gov.au/about_parliament/parliamentary_departments/parliamentary_library/pubs/rp/rp9900/2000rp02

"The YES and NO Cases

...In most referenda since the Referendum (Constitution Alteration) Act 1912 (No. 2), each elector has received a pamphlet containing arguments in favour of, or against, any proposal upon which s(he) is voting.

Normally, these arguments must be no more than two thousand words in length, and must be authorised by a majority of those parliamentary members who voted for or against the proposed law."

++++++++++++++

FOXY ?

It saddens me that Foxy is growing cranky.

She is increasingly driven by her "True Faith" rather than being open to political discussion.

Cheers Mavs
Posted by Maverick, Monday, 16 January 2023 8:17:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Maverick,

I'm not cranky. My views on The Voice have
been made quite clear on this forum. I am
going to vote YES. End of story. How you guys
decide to vote - is your choice. And I'm not
looking for any further explanations from our PM.
I'm satisfied with what I already know and look forward
to what's going to be presented to us further down the
track.

I'm not going to nit-pick at this point in time.
But you go right ahead.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 16 January 2023 8:40:20 AM
shadowminister,

I see things totally differently to you regarding
The Voice. But that's all right.

We both shall have a chance to have our say in the
Referendum. It will be interesting to see what the
rest of Australia thinks. I have every confidence
that the right decision will be made.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 16 January 2023 8:43:37 AM
foxy: "We both shall have a chance to have our say in the Referendum. It will be interesting to see what the rest of Australia thinks. I have every confidence that the right decision will be made."

In a democracy, a general referendum that is properly conducted (ie: no electoral fraud and a change of the current law occurs only if the majority approves) will always mean that the right decision is made. If that result is one that you disapprove of and didn't vote for is immaterial. Indeed, the fact the it gives the right result (ie: it gives the result that the majority want) is the whole point of holding a referendum.
Posted by thinkabit, Monday, 16 January 2023 10:41:21 AM
Well put!
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 16 January 2023 11:05:31 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20