The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The 15 Minute City

The 15 Minute City

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I have read a few articles about the subject title.
It appears to be a plan which has surfaced from the Davos school for
future leaders. Both NZ's PM and Scomo are on the list.
It specifies a plan where a city is divided into 15 minute squares.
The idea appears to be that you do everything inside those squares.
I have not determined if the 15 minutes is walking or driving.
Most of the discussion is around walking times.

Oxford City Council appears to be the first established.
One proposal is that if you drive your car outside your home square
more than a to be prescribed number of times, in a to be prescribed
period you will be fined eg 150 pounds.

It is suggested that Melbourne and Brisbane are among world cities
considering the scheme.
If you Google 15 minute cities there are a number of references.
Seems a bit hairbrained to me but these days some people will grab it
and run wild with it.
The articles do not push global warming much but it is in the background.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 9 December 2022 3:56:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sheer lunacy, and unlikely to happen.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 10 December 2022 11:13:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sheer lunacy and likely to happen.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 10 December 2022 11:49:01 AM
Not only could but will happen if we don't start fighting back damn soon.

Battery electric cars are not a way to reduce pollution, they don't, but a way to get our cars off us. The elites don't like mere peasants having such mobility or nice big houses as we do in Oz, & will use anything, including the global warming scam to get us back in our place.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 10 December 2022 2:13:33 PM
I was shown a video yesterday, but I haven't really looked too closely at all details of the plan as yet.

Prepare for 'climate lockdowns': Rogue British council wants to strip you of freedoms
http://youtu.be/rUUWMK9FBko

As a person who once dipped my toes into the conspiracy theory I can say this is they type of thing they've been talking and warning about for many years.
I've always known they were installing cameras and building a transport control grid and removing cash so that they can track every single thing a person does.
No doubt they will sell the idea as being safer and better for the environment, but really its all about full oversight of every single aspect of a person lives, as well as the ability to control peoples spending and where they can and cant go.

1984 is real, it's just a few decades behind schedule.
The sheer existence of people like Klaus Schwab should at least be enough to convince people that there are people out there, powerful people with these kinds of goals in mind.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 10 December 2022 2:59:49 PM
George Soros-backed reforms making US cities 'far more dangerous'
http://youtu.be/yGtVVzcN4pg

These evil people support changes that make a societies more dangerous (in the name of human rights), and then come in and present themselves as saviours with the Orwellian solutions they wanted in the first place.

It's called the Hegelian dialectic.
You create the problem, then you manage the reaction, and present the solution to the problem
- With others none-the-wiser to the fact you created the problems in order to force people to support an agenda they would never have gone along with in the first place.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 10 December 2022 3:06:45 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy