The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Relocating Israel in Australia: crazy or not? > Comments

Relocating Israel in Australia: crazy or not? : Comments

By Brian Holden, published 20/11/2008

The idea of relocating Israel to the Kimberley is not so crazy if the cost of the relocation is less than the cost of Israel staying where it is.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All
Should Google it but too lazy....can the Ord accommodate a West Bank?
This should cover the indigenous issue.
I can see it working......the Dreamtime and the Torah have a lot in common.....but its all a mythtery to me.
The Kimberleys..Rabbis and rabbits.
I think I can see Fortescue from here...but its fading.
Posted by waggamick, Monday, 24 November 2008 4:29:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Seems that my point has been proved. Polycarp has obviously suffered some kind of brain explosion. Note, I'm not reopening debate, merely responding to the unwarranted ad hominem.

I thought it was Islam that was supposed to be the religion of bigotry and hatred?
Posted by Johnj, Monday, 24 November 2008 6:43:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Jews are doing just fine right where they are. As for giving them a part of Australia just to appease the Islamists, well what can one say?

Looks like a lot of posters here are suffering from "Stockholm Syndrome".

The Israelis have their land and they are going to keep it, and if the Mozzies try to take it away from them, they will receive more than a whack, I'm sure.
Posted by Froggie, Monday, 24 November 2008 8:12:35 PM
Absolultely nuts.

If they wanted to go it would be a logistical nightmare, building a new Sydney and Melbourne, with all the infrastructure would cost trillions of dollars.

However, they are not likely to be willing, and it would be easier to move the palestinians.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 25 November 2008 12:58:27 AM
Polycarp,
Should we prefer that the Myer Foundation get up a Zionist Education Chair at the University of Melbourne ? Don't think so .

Religious Fundamentalists, Christian, Muslim or Jewish are not welcome in the secular world as they are never happy with secular society .

Even if they are not throwing bombs they look down their noses at the rest of society and do nothing to bring harmony.

Australia's big miners and farmers are happily doing a good enough job of ruining all that they touch in the Natural world and that includes the Kimberleys .

An influx of settlers of any religious bent will add to the Kimberley's battle to survive .

Make some tracks and low key accomodation facilities that can handle a lot of tourists - have Aboriginals look after them and ship them back home as soon as their wallets are empty and their hearts are full of love for the natural environment.

Hopefully to go home and help repair the world aound them and live a bit more sustainably.
Posted by kartiya jim, Tuesday, 25 November 2008 8:17:47 AM
kartiya jim: “Make some tracks and low key accomodation facilities that can handle a lot of tourists - have Aboriginals look after them and ship them back home as soon as their wallets are empty and their hearts are full of love for the natural environment.

Hopefully to go home and help repair the world aound them and live a bit more sustainably.”

Best post yet – be careful to adjust the numbers and it will be fine: maybe an additional 7,000 per year limit (not 7,000,000), suitably limited in activity, might be what the place could handle without totally buggaring it
Posted by colinsett, Tuesday, 25 November 2008 9:37:27 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All