The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A celebration that ignores the plight of Palestine > Comments

A celebration that ignores the plight of Palestine : Comments

By Antony Loewenstein and Michael Shaik, published 14/5/2008

Sixty years later the Palestinians are still paying for the Nazis' crimes.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
The last line is a "ripper" . Whether it is original,I don't know. In the light of anything Loewenstein writes, I am ever ready to concede that I may be wrong. However, the poor desperate dispossessed dedemocratised Palestinians seem to have a lot of supoorters whose aim is to repeat, continue and finish the Nazis' crime.
Posted by iudex, Wednesday, 14 May 2008 11:05:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The sympathy left over from the horrors of the holocaust is becoming very much overworked. What right did the Jews have to annex Palestine as 'their' country in the first place, and therefore to make the Palestinian people outcasts in their own country? That folio of fiction, myths, and distorted history collectively known as the 'holy' bible provides the only 'evidence' that the Jewish people have any fundamental connection to Palestine at all, whilst the archeological evidence for such a connection is almost non existent. The undeniable and huge contribution made and being made by Jewish people to our civilisation remains unchallenged - however the Western support (especially that of the USA) for the Jewish occupation of Palestine is largely a result of (alleged) biblical prophecy - a hodge-podge of wishful thinking and fairy tales. The Australian aboriginal people have more right to totally occupy Australia than do the Jewish people to totally occupy Palestine. My heart goes out to the Palestinian people who are humiliated and brutalised on a daily basis by invaders in their own land.
Posted by GYM-FISH, Wednesday, 14 May 2008 11:16:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"I REMEMBER 1948" screened last night on SBS in a 11.45 P.M time slot and provided some first hand accounts of the Zionist invasion by survivors now in Australia for those late night T.V. watchers. If you missed it, it's available on DVD from <www.balladfilms.com.au> web page.
Also, of interest on Bigpond's home page this morning,originating from the ABC, A letter has come to light of Albert Einstein after 50 years in a private collection in which he denounces the Jewish biblical notion of 'the promised land' as a myth. He also has some forthright comments about God and religion which will surprise theists.
I agree, the Palestinians are still paying for the Nazis crimes and it is time the world body of the United Nations intervened and corrected it's outrageous blunder in supporting a Jewish State in Palestinian lamds.
Posted by maracas, Wednesday, 14 May 2008 11:48:29 AM
Shame on both sides for prolonging this destraction.

[ALL LIFE COMES FROM GOD ]
[one creator god who weeps for every life stolen by men’s foolishness]

isn’t it time to look forward not back, ?

Time to give to god that which god alone did give to all living [our lives]

time to wake up from this nightmare , time to ask god for forgiveness and give each other [and our one god] peace [shalome]

all life is sacred BECAUSE only god can gave us our lives ]
be revealing the same mercy he has given in letting this insanity go on , wake up my brothers [ALL}.

It all comes clear there is no end plan.

the palistinians defeated since 1968] BUT the need for a new [neo] enemy to rally the voters see's the eternal manufacture of threats like lebinon or syria [always a new enemy to get past the next election].

Well there is an enemy my brothers [POVERTY] in the land of brothers let us fight poverty [from poverty of ideas , to poverty of Belief ]

[find real leaders willing to fight the real problem's not the same eternal enemy's long ago crushed , as the main problem [distraction]

One G-D gives all life their life to live [live with it ]that you do to the least [living] you do to god

God made the dust to live [made all life from dust] life glories god as well as our own creation [our own gift of life]
To take life is a blasphemy against god

Death serves not the life giver , but the great deceiver , to take any life [given of gods living love is not serving god]

Every man is your brother [every woman is your god given sister] Its time to welcome all god's children to see gods people doing service to life [to god given life

lets declare war and death the only enemy
lets end this division and full fill gods vision

lets live a life of love
[let live that the life giver gave to live ,our lives]
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 14 May 2008 2:14:52 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Reply to 'Under One God'
I rest my case. Your inane rantings says it much better than I can.
Thanks
Posted by GYM-FISH, Wednesday, 14 May 2008 2:23:46 PM
Nice one 'Under one god'

Its a pity you fail to realise that there are plenty of 'gods' and that no one can agree on who is right - unless you go the only logical answer that there is in fact NO god - and hey presto, problems like these have more chance of being sorted out without some silly notion of promised lands, spiritual and racial purity etc etc etc.
Posted by julatron, Wednesday, 14 May 2008 4:14:01 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy