The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Embracing China involves risks for Australia > Comments

Embracing China involves risks for Australia : Comments

By Peter Coates, published 5/5/2008

It seems that Kevin Rudd's Government has given China a broad degree of latitude outside normal diplomatic behaviour.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Balanced information on other media:

thousands of pro China protestors are Australian citizen, some booked buses by pro China side were cancelled short time before torch relay by bus company due to political pressure...

some anti China prostors were hired by $300 per day...

a pro China protestor was coma after attack by anti China protestors...

police were tougher to pro China protestors than to anti China protestors...

overall, protestors were restrained from both sides, it was a successful torch relay.
Posted by Centra, Thursday, 8 May 2008 7:47:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Only a pro - China protester or blind nationalist could call the Olympic torch relay a success.

Most of us are shocked at the extensive abuse of human rights over a very long time throughout all of China, not just in Tibet.

Having the Olympic torch relay being used as a symbol for all that's good in China is a totally obvious charade and a downright bloody disgrace.
Posted by keith, Thursday, 8 May 2008 8:16:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is it only me, or does Centra read as if s/he is a fully paid up stooge of the regime?
Posted by palimpsest, Thursday, 8 May 2008 8:39:30 PM
Its only you.
Posted by Romany, Friday, 9 May 2008 12:04:30 AM
See how quick Romany was to jump to her defence. Hes one too,

The only way for them to disprove our allegations would for them to admit the persecution of the hidden Genocide of Falun Gong is wrong and against all of humanity and that the Ccp has and will continue to shame the Chinese nation thru this and other horrendous persecutions inside China.

If they admit to that then I will say sorry for pointing the finger at them..If not then i rest my case..
Posted by Jana Banana, Friday, 9 May 2008 3:00:55 PM
The most interesting thing is that someone looks like an savior, but is so ignorant .

I really don't want to be harsh to Falun Gong. I believe some of Falun Gong members are genuine meditation practicers and unfortunately, some of them became the victims of nasty politics.

But I was shocked by the news such as harvesting organs of Falun Gong disciples in ABC and BBC about one year ago. I was surprised that someone did trust this kind of absurd news. Exaggeration, distortion and diatribe are beyond my imagination.

Let me tell you a true story, which was broadcast in a TaiWan TV about ten years ago. In a lecture, Falun Gong's primary school educated founder pointed to a cup of water and told his audience that he was the ONLY man in the world who can get the GOLD MOLECULE from his drink water.
Posted by Centra, Monday, 12 May 2008 8:10:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy