The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Embracing China involves risks for Australia > Comments

Embracing China involves risks for Australia : Comments

By Peter Coates, published 5/5/2008

It seems that Kevin Rudd's Government has given China a broad degree of latitude outside normal diplomatic behaviour.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
My grandfather fought communism in the 1950's and australian now is trading with China.Since Australian and other countrys has beening trading the boom of the 1950's has stopped and the looms covered in dust in Australia and the Australian looms should start again.In the 1950's J F Kennedy sent 386 special forces to teach south vietnamese to fight communism which back fired .America ,Australia and other nations have fought so hard against communism for freedom but now it seems that australia and other country are paying communist's to work and fuelling the money for the atomic bomb.Remember there's a difference between the olympic games and personal freedom of the individual as well .I am against the murdering of little girls in China and communism.All i am saying is keep personal freedom as communism has no individual voice. David
Posted by mattermotor, Monday, 5 May 2008 7:10:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am so glad you are so concerned about people advocating for Falun Gong not being shouted down.

How about the millions of us who screamed loud and long not to lock up children in concentration camps for years on end and were ignored.

Get a grip for god's sake.

The Chinese have the exact same rights to speak as those supporting Tibet while they are here.

No good trying to say those who support Tibet can scream, sit down in front of flames, attack crippled athletes in France and so on without the Chinese screaming back.

That dear is democracy.

And I am not the capitalist, just the realist about what is propping up all our underfunded universities. Plus there is no use blaming the children for their parents or their government.
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Monday, 5 May 2008 8:02:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think it is a matter of some concern when the students are here to gain an education and are guests of this country. But of more concern is the extent to which China has taken over world manufacturing. Try to buy anything from electronics to clothing to Christmas cards that are not made in China.

Chairman Mao said that China WOULD take over the world, and eliminate other races apart from Caucasian male workers. And in terms of human rights and worse still, animal cruelty, their poor record is second to none (not that Australis is that great about animal cruelty either).

Nicky
Posted by Nicky, Monday, 5 May 2008 8:17:24 PM
Rudd is playing the political game. Do you all forget how much woop ass we will cop if we dont remain nutural within the worlds community.
We cant afford to be bold or afford to be anything else. It's size verses size and all we can do is to be affordable to the fact of humbleness. We cant play the big game. I guess that's what makes us very special, and why the world just loves us.

Think about it.
Posted by evolution, Monday, 5 May 2008 8:51:28 PM
Marilyn Sheppard,"I am not a capitalist,just a realist,about what is proping up our underfunded universities."So according to Marilyn moral relativism is OK if Marilyn's livelyhood and lifestyle is threatened.The Tibetans can burn in hell so long as the the money flows from China.

I didn't think that the high principled left could be bought off so easily.

Marilyn,are you no different from the multi-nationals whom you profess to abhorr?
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 5 May 2008 9:15:43 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Marilyn S, are you barking mad? " that dear is democracy". Denied in mainland China at the risk of imprisonment,death, organ removal and re-education.

Get a grip? you've lost all grip on reality baby.

Never mind the Stockholm Syndrome, welcome to the Shepherd Syndrome; supporter of wimmens rights under the Taliban,the gassing of Kurds by Saddam and now the democratic rights of the Chinese people.

Barking mad.
Posted by palimpsest, Monday, 5 May 2008 9:17:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy