The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Word is Howard will be the victor > Comments

The Word is Howard will be the victor : Comments

By Alan Matheson, published 12/10/2007

Forget the pundits and the pollsters, according to Danny Nalliah of Catch the Fire Ministries, John Howard has it in the bag.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Amen to that BOAZ_David.

Or in the immortal words of Mark Twain:

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
Posted by Johnj, Friday, 12 October 2007 12:15:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well, based on the assurance of Danny Nuttier I'm going to Centrebet next to put twenty bucks on a sure thing!
Posted by Reynard, Friday, 12 October 2007 3:23:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's true the media have been reluctant to deal with these people, but it's also true that 4 Corners next Monday night will be about Exclusive Brethren's political involvement. At least it's a start.

There is a worrying trend for these groups to involve themselves in politics, but it's just not going to change our whole society the way it has in America. We are just not American.

We've got our little clusters of evagelists colonising particular suburbs, but they're no different in that respect to other ethnic groups with different values prefering to be with familiar and like-minded people. I think the Australian culture is plenty strong enough to survive them.

Realistically, any Australian politician who publicly sided with them would be toast. We just don't do that foaming at the mouth, rolling eyeballs stuff. A sizable portion writes 'Jedi' on the census form under religion and every survey conducted shows we're way more progressive than the United States.

The Queensland parliament just passed stem cell research. I'm not sure but I think that's the third state to do so. So far God hasn't appeared in the chamber to personally throttle Anna Bligh.
Posted by chainsmoker, Friday, 12 October 2007 3:26:25 PM
Loony..... TRULY loony.

Now I know that the world is coming to an end.... the patients have control of the asylum !!
Posted by Iluvatar, Friday, 12 October 2007 4:51:35 PM
THE WAY I SEE IT THE STATES ARE RUN BY THE AUSTRALIAN GOVERMENT , SO MAYBE THIS IS WHY THE HOSPITALS AND OUR HEALTH ARE AT DANGER ,LIKE THAT OF THE FORGOTTEN AUSTRALIANS THE GOVERMENT ARE SWEEPING THIS ISSUE UNDER THEIR CARPET , LOOK AT THE SITUTATION IT IS BOTH SIDES OF THE POLITICIANS WHO HAVE TO ACT AND OWN UP TO THE MISTAKES AND ERRORS THAT ARE OCCURRING TODAY AND THAT OF YESTERDAY YEAR BOTH LIBERAL AND LABOUR ARE RESPONABLE FOR EVERYTHING IN OUR GOVERMENT AS THEY ARE THE ONES WHO ARE SURPOSE TO BE KEEPING US SAFE AND WELL , LEAST THE PAITENTS ARE NOT ENDURING THE WORST LIKE THE FORGOTTEN AUSTRALIANS ,BUT THE PAITIENTS ARE BEING ABUSED BY PUTTING THEM ON A TROLLEY IN A ROOM OR HALLWAY
Posted by huffnpuff, Friday, 12 October 2007 7:56:40 PM
A prophet (in the biblical sense) is shown to be a true prophet when what they say happens. In this case it would seem to me that the best thing to do would be to wait!
Posted by Merry, Friday, 12 October 2007 8:55:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy