The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Group plays politics of fantasy > Comments

Group plays politics of fantasy : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 31/1/2007

Hizb ut-Tahrir - they regard participation in democracy and secular government as against God's law.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Hmmmm...man really hasn't learnt from history has it?

First it was the Roman's trying to extinguish this threat known as Christianity..then in the 12th to 14th Century it was the Spanish Inquisition that tried the method of "convert or die" to Catholicism...regardless if you were a Christian. Throughout the ages the Jew's have been blamed for just about everything resulting in the greatest recorded atrocities in the Holocaust...and now Muslims extremist called for martyrdom in the name of Islam and calling for a Utopian Islamic country...when will the fools of this world ever learn that there is no such thing a creating the perfect society by an ideology known as religion?

If the Islamics of this world want to create that society, hey please buy a ticket to Indonesia or Pakistan....aren't they known as a Islamic Republic?

Pushing religionists ideology on society should not be tolerated in this society and largely unchecked or dismiss...I'm sure I've seen this type of toleration before in a society...ummmm Hitler and the Nazi party?
Posted by Mr.OMG, Thursday, 1 February 2007 12:35:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Police in Briton are holding 9 possible Islamist terroists, nothing new there.
A leader in the comunity spoke this morning on BBC about how these people are not mainstream Muslims, and included a warning to us all not to defame Islam ,nothing unusual about that.
He put more effort into that part of his speach ,nothing unusual about that.
The fact is we are bound to suffer because of our free way of life untill we mindlessly dislike SOME Muslims as much as they do us ,nothing at all unusual about that.
We can not live together untill we hear more Muslims condemning that defending terroists.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 1 February 2007 6:02:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
MR OMG well pointed out.

There can never be an earthly religious utopia. The common factor between the historical brutality of the Church and Islamic rulers is the existence of a large beaurocracy.. where the religion has also become an extension of the State or..even the State itself.

Christ said "My kingdom is not of this world, if it were, my followers would fight to defend me"....he said "The kingdom of God is in the midst of you" in our hearts. In my view this is a wonderful thing about 'fundamental' Christianity. There is no call to establish a 'Christian State' ..the Church exists without a building even, because the Church is the people. "Where 2 or 3 are gathered in my name, I am there in the midst of them".

So, returning to true, 'fundamental' new testament Christianity is a very good option.

Hizb Ut Tahrir would have it otherwise. They are promoting specifically an Islamic state with all that implies. Lets hope their views do not infect to many young Muslims in Australia. Unfortunately, Islam by nature means 'A State'.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Thursday, 1 February 2007 7:31:22 AM
The problem is BOAZ_David that many right wing Christians think the same as these jokers. At the moment their methods maybe different but that was not always the case and may not be in the future. The point to make is that any religious movement that doesn't have secular values should be watched carefully. It's easy to get distracted by violent groups but the fact is that some of biggest changes to our civilisation were bloodless.
Posted by Kenny, Thursday, 1 February 2007 8:28:34 AM
I don't believe any group should be banned unless they do something actually illegal, such as inciting violence. Human nature being what it is, the surest way to stimulate interest in something is to ban it.

A number of posters in this thread have wondered why moderate muslims aren't taking a stronger stand against the extremists. I've wondered it myself. Perhaps they simply are not as organised as the extremists - by their nature, moderates tend not to band together in order to passionately advocate moderation.

Meanwhile, lets keep a close eye on those dangerous Jehovahs Witnesses - apparently they teach that the Kingdom of God must be established here on Earth, and that all non-believers will die!

Cheers.
Posted by Rhys Probert, Thursday, 1 February 2007 12:51:31 PM
"Many young Muslims are upset about what is being done to Muslims in Iraq, Palestine etc ect"
Who is doing what to whom? It appears that Muslims are killing Muslims with no hint of remorse or cessation. A mother has a shrine to her suicide bomber son who blew himself and any one else near to pieces. Some hero!
Young children are pictured playing among bloody debris. The sheer barbaric savagery is Muslim versus Muslim.
Stupid Westerners are caught in the middle.
We should not be there, they should not be here.
Posted by mickijo, Thursday, 1 February 2007 2:19:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy