The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Taking a stand for all animals > Comments

Taking a stand for all animals : Comments

By Katrina Sharman, published 20/12/2006

Billions of animals are suffering in the US and Australia, but there’s hope in the wings.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...
  13. 30
  14. 31
  15. 32
  16. All
Well here go`s,picture the following two scenario`s

A calf or lamb is born in its paddock and lives in that paddock generally till its rudely awoken with the sudden news that its going for a traumatic trip to the abbatoir...it actually dosent know it just yet but something is happening out of the ordinary. Trucks, people,noises, dogs etc forced up a race for its first vehicle trip through places it has never seen or smelt before ending its journey into an animal POW camp basically,
Pushed up a race with a dog`s help or an electric dogs help into the carnage hole full of the blood and the adrenalin of the countless thousands of beasts before it...getting the picture? Eyes bulging white showing the fear as it comprehends almost of what is ahead of it.

Kangaroo grazing lifts its head and looks into the bright light see`s nothing and feels nothing as the bullet delivered by an extremely competent marksman enters its brain resulting in an instant kill...no adrenalin,no panic,no strange sights/smells etc,getting more of the picture?

And thats how it basically is (ex slaughterman ex roo shooter)

And farm killed meat is always far better as the animals are usually shot then bled in their own environment without suffering the stresses of the modern abbatoir...much like the roo scenario above.
Posted by the gryphon, Thursday, 28 December 2006 3:43:51 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
“Many of these intelligent, sentient animals”

I have yet to see an assessment of the reasoning skills of a cow or a sheep and chickens sure act pretty dumb most of the time. One has to ask, if they were so intelligent, why are there never any mass break outs from farms?
Why no hunger strikes against their poor living conditions?

As for “sentient” trees and vegetables are also supposed to have some level of sentient ability.

Are we to have turnip lawyers too?

“Animal law is now a cutting edge legal discipline,” and as sharp as a butchers knife!

“Groups of animal lawyers have also formed,”

Some would say “animal lawyers” is simple tautology.

But who will pay the fees – hopefully not the tax payer, we are bled (halal style) enough!

Some folk have commented on the aggressive and terrorist actions of animal liberation extremists. I do recall at one time not too long ago, Furriers made good coats for people, until animal liberationists burnt them out.

For all the rhetoric and sentimental rubbish, the only reason an animal advocate will exist is because some over-indulged dullard is prepared to pay them.

I think it stands testament to our practicality as a nation that our national emblems are edible ones. Poor old Yanks get a bald eagle and the Brits are going to go hungry, they have never have any wild Lion roaming that green and pleasant land.

I must go and defrost some skippy steak for BBQ.
Posted by Col Rouge, Saturday, 30 December 2006 9:05:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Maintaining the definition thread.

Sentient being
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A sentient being is any living thing that has the power of perception by senses or consciousness.

Amoeba, flatworm and viruses (I think so but I could be wrong) may all be demonstrated to sense things such as heat, light and pain.

Hence my assertion that Animal Liberation is yet another fundamentalist religion (lacking the integrity to say so) often as zealous as the Taliban, nothing less, nothing more.
Posted by Cowboy Joe, Saturday, 30 December 2006 11:31:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PETA's Dirty Secret

Hypocrisy is the mother of all credibility problems, and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has it in spades. While loudly complaining about the "unethical" treatment of animals by restaurant owners, grocers, farmers, scientists, anglers, and countless other Americans, the group has its own dirty little secret.

PETA kills animals. By the thousands.

From July 1998 through the end of 2005, PETA killed over 14,400 dogs, cats, and other "companion animals" -- at its Norfolk, Virginia headquarters. That's more than five defenseless animals every day. Not counting the dogs and cats PETA spayed and neutered, the group put to death over 90 percent of the animals it took in during 2005 alone. And its angel-of-death pattern shows no sign of changing.

Year Received† Adopted Killed Transferred % Killed % Adopted
2005 2,145 146 1,946 69 90.7 6.8
2004 2,640 361 2,278 1 86.3 13.7
2003 2,224 312 1,911 1 85.9 14.0
2002 2,680 382 2,298 2 85.7 14.3
2001 2,685 703 1,944 14 72.4 26.2
2000 2,684 624 2,029 28 75.6 23.2
1999 1,805 386 1,328 91 73.6 21.4
* 1998 943 133 685 125 72.6 14.1
Total 17,806 3,047 14,419 331 80.1 17.1

* figures represent the second half of 1998 only
† other than spay/neuter animals
» skeptical? click here to see the proof
Posted by Cowboy Joe, Wednesday, 3 January 2007 10:04:25 PM
) PETA runs campaigns seemingly calculated to offend religious believers. One entire PETA website is devoted to the claim-despite ample evidence to the contrary-that Jesus Christ was a vegetarian. PETA holds protests at houses of worship, even suing one church that tried to protect its members from Sunday-morning harassment. Its billboards taunt Christians with the message that hogs “died for their sins.” PETA insists, contrary to centuries of rabbinical teaching, that the Jewish ritual of kosher slaughter shouldn't be allowed. And its infamous “Holocaust on Your Plate” campaign crassly compares the Jewish victims of Nazi genocide with farm animals.

PETA has given tens of thousands of dollars to convicted arsonists and other violent criminals. This includes a 2001 donation of $1,500 to the North American Earth Liberation Front (ELF), an FBI-certified “domestic terrorist” group responsible for dozens of firebombs and death threats. During the 1990s, PETA paid $70,200 to an Animal Liberation Front (ALF) activist convicted of burning down a Michigan State University research laboratory. In his sentencing recommendation, a federal prosecutor implicated PETA president Ingrid Newkirk in that crime. And PETA vegetarian campaign coordinator Bruce Friedrich told an animal rights convention in 2001 that “blowing stuff up and smashing windows” is “a great way to bring about animal liberation.”
Posted by Cowboy Joe, Wednesday, 3 January 2007 10:07:40 PM
CJ

I'm extremely grateful for the information you have supplied.

I had no idea of PETA's enormous responsibilities in the area of humaneness and compassion for ill-treated animals.

These pitiful creatures, mercifully euthanased, will no longer be subjected to the heinous abuse of the sadistic cretins who walk amongst us.

In fact, CJ, I shall immediately post off a donation to PETA in the hope they are able to continue their good works and I know a friend who too, after learning of your invaluable information, will also forward a donation.

Again, my most sincerest thanks, Cockroach Joe, and may the Karmic force be with you.
Posted by dickie, Thursday, 4 January 2007 1:20:08 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...