The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > War against Hezbollah was a political disaster > Comments

War against Hezbollah was a political disaster : Comments

By Gary Gambill, published 8/12/2006

Although Hezbollah suffered strategic and diplomatic setbacks, the war dramatically boosted its domestic and regional popular appeal.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
The greatest strategic folly is not to destroy one's IRRECONCILABLE and IMPLACABLE foe, such as Hezbollah, at his weakest point. UN Resolution 1701 will only render a respite to this unappeased enemy of Israel and the US that will make it stronger in the near future, and hence more difficult to defeat.

Israel and the US will pay a heavy price for this illusionary "defeat" of Hezbollah, as the '15,000-strong UNIFIL force' will not avert the great danger that lies ahead from a more potent and brazen Hezbollah.

SEE:'Delegitimize States That Sponsor Terror' http://www.con.observationdeck.org
Posted by Themistocles, Friday, 8 December 2006 2:40:29 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This guy is a spammer. Is there any way to report them?
Posted by Steel, Friday, 8 December 2006 2:43:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
BOAZ AGREES WITH PROPHET MOHAMMED ?

Yep.. this is one of the rare occasions where I agree that his methods work. But thats the extent of my agreement. "His methods...do work" and they work in a human fashion and that is what I am pointing to.

What were his methods ?

3 smaller Jewish tribes and 2 larger Arab tribes inhabited Medina when Mohammed moved there from Mecca.

Banu Qaniyqa (mohammed exiled them)
Banu Qurayza (mohammed slaughtered the males and enslaved the females)
Banu Nadir (Mohammed exiled them.)

Finally there were the Jews of Khaiber, where he killed all the males and again enslaved the women and children.

Basically he came up with FINAL SOLUTIONS, which endure to this day.
Now.. I know FS are a couple of dirty words, but they are emminently practical.

Tribal societies simply do not dance to the tune set by the U.N.

We in the west can woffle and mumble till the cows come home, and bleat and whine about resolution this and international law that, but it doesn't mean squat to tribal societies just as we are seeing in Iraq.

So... the sooner the Israelis (following the example of Islams prophet) come up with an exile or extuinguishment solution the sooner there actually will be an enduring peace. But a peace only maintained by brute force and power.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 8 December 2006 8:22:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dead right, Themistocles. I said the same thing some time ago when the conflict was still in progress. The UN will have to take responsiblity for all that happens in the future.

Hezbollah should have been wiped out. Mad dogs cannot be tamed and allowed to live.
Posted by Leigh, Saturday, 9 December 2006 9:30:51 AM
Hezbollah is now seen as a Middle Eastern lodestone. Really. Even before the current hostilities Hezbollah had many people in that part of the world in its fan club. Hezbollah is yet to open a recruiting office in downtown Tel Aviv so its success might be hard to gauge. Converts in Lebanon might be considered a fait accompli so they must be discounted. So complex are the machinations of ME politics it is hard to nominate winners and losers.

Anyone got a coin?
Posted by Sage, Saturday, 9 December 2006 9:45:28 AM
I think what the situation in Lebanon & Iraq demonstrates is that it is becoming increasingly difficult for western style nations to wage winnable wars.

In any situation they engage in, western combatants are always weighed down by heaps of moralistic, politically correct baggage .While behinds the lines they are undermined by negative journalists ,“academics” , film makers etc who seek to make a name for themselves or a quick buck by nit-picking & criticising at every opportunity.

Against this you have groups like Hezbullah who control all internal media/discussion, control education -& do hot hesitate to murder digressers.

Even if you defeat such groups militarily -their public(s) will never be allowed to believe it.
Posted by Horus, Saturday, 9 December 2006 11:23:47 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy