The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > War against Hezbollah was a political disaster > Comments

War against Hezbollah was a political disaster : Comments

By Gary Gambill, published 8/12/2006

Although Hezbollah suffered strategic and diplomatic setbacks, the war dramatically boosted its domestic and regional popular appeal.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
HORUS.....

exactly. Hence my post mate.

The greatest weapon our enemies have is the UN and HUMAN RIGHTS.

...and our enemies know it.

The Israelies can choose to have a long, painful drawn out war which will be hamstrung by international sensitivities, and then not win.

Or..

They can use winning tactics with zero regard for the niceties of the UN and its quaint resolutions.

Give Hezbollah an ultimatum.

1/ Stop your powergrab in Lebanon
2/ Return the Israeli captives
3/ No more rockets into disputed territory.
OR

100% exile of all Shia Muslims from lebanon to Syria with a buffer zone.
If that fails to stop rockets, then all the males must be hunted down and summarily executed.

Its that simple.

An ultimatum gives the non Hezbollah Shia's a chance to either kill them or out them. If they don't take that chance, they are complicit.
Game Over.

The so called prophet Mohammed used this very reasoning against the Jews of Khaibar and Banu Qurayza "Will you accept the judgement of one of your own" ? "yes" they said.. but the Muslim version of history does not tell us the actual background of this man who gave judgement, and he pronounced "Execute the males, enslave the females"
Would they have chosen him to judge them if they thought he would judge thus ?
As did Mohammed, so the Jews are able to do, and their battle cry should be "MUSLIMS...REMEMBER KHAIBAR!"
Posted by BOAZ_David, Saturday, 9 December 2006 1:00:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Gary Gambill ignores two of the prime winners and losers with his attempt at indepth justification and sanitation of Israel's latest disgrace.
The biggest loser was democratisation of the Mid East. The democratic Western world failled to stand on the side of a fledgling democracy...Lebanon. I don't think we'll make the same mistake in Palestine in future.

Which also makes the biggest longterm winners the Palestinians. Israel will be forced to desist its occupation and suppression of the Palestinians and will be forced to withdraw to the pre '67 borders. World reslove will harden on that aspect as Israel continues to demand recognised Palestinian lands.

Proof: Who ever would have thought Tony Blair would go to the mid east on a peace mission. Very recent and not widely reported. He went not to Palestine (Of the Palestinians) Lebanon, Syria or Iran but but to Olmet in Israel. I don't think Israel's withdrawal (Again) from Gaza was unrelated to that visit.

I'd have thought given Gary's biographical notes, he'd have recognised those consequences and written about them firstly for they are the most significant changes.

His article smacks of the same type of thinking as contained in Ted Lapkin's 'Lessons from Lebanon'.
Posted by keith, Saturday, 9 December 2006 1:41:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
keith

Just a few things wrong with your argument. Israel attacked Hezbollah, not Lebanon. Hezbollah had established itself as a quasi government in the south of the country. The Christian areas in Beirut were untouched. Despite press claims giving the impression that the whole country was in ruins Beirut airport was up and running within days of the cease fire.

It is Hezbollah which is the enemy of democracy. Until its Iranian supported army is put under control there is no possibility of democracy in Lebanon.

Realise the position of women in middle eastern Islamic society, the private armies, and the glorification of suicide murderers and you see the problems in the region. As long as Israel and the US and Europe are blamed for the short comings of the states in the area the true problems will never be addressed and the countries will remain disfunctional.
Posted by logic, Saturday, 9 December 2006 4:48:14 PM
This site is a great attempt at giving a voice to a wide cross section of people interested in events of international and national interest. Unfortunately, it is being spoiled by the orchestrated and exceptionally well-funded propaganda of the international Israel lobby. Not a single article is posted about Middle Eastern issues without the usual suspects being swung into action to pour out the never-ending litany of outright falsehoods, blatant half-truths and non-sequiturs which have been the hallmark of Israeli propaganda for generations. Not only does it insult the intelligence of readers and commenters who have taken the trouble to properly inform themselves on this important issue, but its predictablity and gormlessness is boring in the extreme.
Posted by greggo, Saturday, 9 December 2006 5:01:37 PM
Greggo says:

“This site is a great attempt at giving a voice to a wide cross section of people interested in events of international and national interest. Unfortunately, it is being spoiled by the orchestrated and exceptionally well-funded propaganda … Not a single article is posted about Middle Eastern issues without the USUAL SUSPECTS.

I couldn’t agree more:
The Middle East is bigger than the Palestinian /Arab Israeli theatre & it’s bigger than Iraq ,but all we keep hearing about are those bad Israelis & imperialist Americans.

When are we going to get daily front page coverage of the murder & rape of the Copts in Egypt ,the dispossession of the Armenians & Kurds in Turkey, the repression of opposition in Syria , religious totalitarianism in Iran etc etc etc…

It clear that someone’s manipulating the media but I don’t think it the Israel lobby ( what ever that is ?)
Posted by Horus, Saturday, 9 December 2006 5:44:58 PM
I certainly don't get paid for my contributions.

Please tell me where I can find this "international Israel lobby".

I could do with the extra income.
Posted by logic, Saturday, 9 December 2006 6:04:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy