The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The murky world of war > Comments

The murky world of war : Comments

By Greg Barns, published 15/8/2006

Howard and Ruddock ought to warn Australians serving in the Israeli defence forces as well as those who support Hezbollah.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. 21
  10. All
Well said Greg. You raise a very good point about the double standards in Australia and also around the world.
Posted by fleurette, Tuesday, 15 August 2006 9:43:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Some may say, 'well d'uh Greg'

Hypocrisy is the new norm when it comes to the 'war on terror'

And whats with the reference to HRW? Havn't you spoken to the peoplpe on this forum Greg? They're nothing but a bunch of anti-American pinkos! Terrorists even! Get with it mate.
Posted by Carl, Tuesday, 15 August 2006 9:43:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If Australia sends peace keepers to Lebanon then I would regard Australian citizens fighting with Hebollah or the Isreali Defence Forces as traitors, especially if they fire on Australian troops.
Posted by billie, Tuesday, 15 August 2006 9:43:59 AM
The neoconmen who took over governance of the USA and Israel are both the architects and the perpetrators of the War on Terror.

They are the golem which uses our children to fight in their struggle for resources. They rely on us to muddy the waters of truth with our constant, ignorant, harping obsession with ideology, religion and historical revisionism. Our idiocy is an essential ingredient, which we supply in the greatest abundance.

Here you may get a glimpse of the truth:

Seymour Hersch interviewed on Democracy Now

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=06/08/14/1358255

The involvement of my Prime Minister, Cabinet, ADF and Intelligence with this bikie gang is something to wonder about. I don't think our complicity has anything to do with pragmatism, realpolitik or ANZUS - none of that. No, it is the complicity of cowards. We go along - or else! The jackals take no prisoners.

So the foetid cowards plough on in their shabby roles, their pronouncements turning to ashes in their mouths. The faux opposition leader bellows like a bull-seal on a wet rock. The treasurer pretends that the books balance. The PM says, "Trust me". Read my eyebrows!

Mr Ruddock, I have you in my eye sir, and I shall keep you in my eye. I do so hope you read this sedition personally.
Posted by Chris Shaw, Carisbrook 3464, Tuesday, 15 August 2006 10:04:00 AM
A fairer comparison would be to compare dual Australian citizens serving in the Lebonese army with those in the IDF. In that context the Australian Government hasn't favoured one over the other.

Don't let your hatred for the Israeli's lead you to assume all its opponents are better. Hizbollah are terrorists. They are no more redeemed by their hatred of Israel, than the Nazi's are redeemed by their anti-Semitism.
Posted by Kalin, Tuesday, 15 August 2006 12:12:14 PM
This is a valid point and it should be pointed out that there is an imbalance in the reporting and points of view of this war. We would demand of our leaders to be fair and honest and if they are going to do this then they must also look at the other side of the coin. Personally I don't think Australians should join any other army or terrorist organisation no matter who they think is right or wrong, if they want to participate it should be as part of an Australian contingent if one is sent. If you want to actively engage in the activities of other nations then you should be a permanent member of their society, not just an add on member when it is convenient. A new approach is needed to resolve this conflict and this is where Australia and its citizens should be directing it resources.
Posted by Daniel M, Tuesday, 15 August 2006 12:21:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. 21
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy