The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > If you're white, you're right > Comments

If you're white, you're right : Comments

By Stephen Hagan, published 25/5/2006

Not a lot has changed over the last one hundred years: racism still persists in Australian society.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. 22
  11. 23
  12. 24
  13. 25
  14. 26
  15. All
To Human Interest.

I am not opposed to aboriginal people given preferential treatment according to their race. I can appreciate that it makes sense. But that is racism, and you are supposed to be opposed to racism. If you constantly imply that racism is an evil moral absolute, then please explain to me your obvious contradiction when you justify racism on behalf of aborigines? Because if you now claim that racism can be justified for rational reasons, then you have just crossed the Rubicon. You are just as big a racist as I am, because I also believe that racism is not a moral absolute, and I also think it can be justified for rational reasons.

It is obviously illogical for you to climb on top of the high moral ground, wrap yourself in a white cloak of moral sanctity, and there amid a chorus of singing angels proclaim that you are crusading to preserve the holiness of equality and non discrimination, and then disregard these very same concepts whenever you feel that it is convenient.

The article that you submitted deriding IQ tests as unreliable indicators of cognitive abilities was a popular theory from 1913 to the 1970’s, amongst devotees of BF Skinners Behaviourist School of Psychology. This school insisted that all human and animal behaviour was learned, while genetically induced behaviour did not exist. This theory sat well with left leaning academics who used this concept to argue that all human beings, whatever their social position, or race, were genetically identical in every possible way except skin colour and physical appearance. They claimed that whatever differences in “intelligence” manifested themselves between classes and races, were entirely due to environmental factors.

But “Behaviourism” theory is now regarded as an embarrassment today by psychologists who know that the concept that behaviour and intelligence can be inherited is an experimentally provable premise. Whatever the detractors of IQ testing or SAT testing say, these tests are still considered very reliable indicators of potential personal success. Most people equate personal success with intelligence. Most black people have low IQ scores.

Join the dots.
Posted by redneck, Saturday, 10 June 2006 9:44:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Redneck and other white supremacists, here are two scientific facts for you to consider:

1. Race has no genetic basis. No single genetic characteristic and no gene distinguishes all the members of one 'race' from all the members of another 'race'.

2. Skin color is just that - skin deep. The genes influencing skin color have nothing to do with the genes influencing blood type, musical talent, athletic ability, forms of intelligence or moral worth. Knowing someone's skin color doesn't enable you to predict anything else about that person.

Give me the scientific facts that rebut my claims. (Science, not rhetoric please.)

And here's an historical proposition:

As the idea of 'race' evolved from the sixteenth century (it was hardly known before) white superiority became 'common sense' in western nations. 'Race' became a powerful social idea that justifies people 'deserving' different access to opportunities and resources. In western societies, social systems and institutions now disproportionately channel wealth, power, and resources to white people. There is no morally defensible argument for socio-economic discrimination based on 'race'.

If you disagree, please give me a decent argument based on fact and reasoning.
Posted by FrankGol, Sunday, 11 June 2006 1:11:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
WOW! Redneck is really persistent - you try to quit, he says you are 'fleeing' and running away.

OK let's appraoch this from another angle. Redneck tell me something: What's the solution then to all this black race problem of criminality and low IQ? I mean to every problem there must be a solution, right. So what are we gon' do about it? Get rid of all blacks in the world, kill all of 'em so that there's low crime and higher IQ? Or may be cross-breed 'em so that eventually there is no black race? I mean this is a genetic issue according to you and I cannot change to white today for me to have higher IQ and not be a criminal. I'm really curios to know what racists normally think of what "solution" is to the "problem" of having blacks in the world? Do the 'modern' racists still want to commit atrocities like those of the KKK or the Hitler's camps? Please Redneck, let me know!
peace!
Jigga
Posted by Jigga, Sunday, 11 June 2006 5:47:50 AM
To FrankGol.

The concept that human beings are one species is correct, and one definition of the word “race” is used to describe that. But the word “race” is also used in the context of sub categorization of different clearly identifiable human genotypes

Dogs are all of one species, but different breeds of dogs exist with very different levels of intelligence and very different temperaments. That sub catagories of mammals can have very different levels of intelligence and temperament is taken for granted by the public who see nothing wrong with animal breeders listing different sub categories of dogs, cats, horses, etc according to their known behavioral traits in their sales catalogues.

It is a reasonable assumption to assume that sub categories of human beings have just as wide a difference in behaviour as those within species sub categories of other mammals. Observable reality appears to confirm this premise, while the hard evidence in the form of genetic science is being ruthlessly suppressed by ideologues who are openly bragging of their success in shutting the scientists up.

The idea that “race” was an invention of white men in the 19th century to justify colonial expansion is a typical example of left wing airbrushing of history to conform to ideological theory. The propagation of this particular propaganda relies heavily upon the sure conviction that those most likely to repeat it are the same ones most unlikely to bother to verify it.

The Roman historian Plutarch wrote about different races inhabiting different parts of the known world and he commented on how the mixing of the races at the borders of their respective territories produced interesting sub groups. The racist Roman term for British people was “Britanculi” (wretched little Brits!”) and racist jokes about Roman soldiers were found chiseled into the foundations of a Roman temple in Libya.
Posted by redneck, Sunday, 11 June 2006 6:54:33 AM
FrankGol.

I suggest you read the prelude to the Hammarabbi Code [1800 BC], where praise is given to the gods for their victory over the northern white race. Racial conflict has been a problem since Cain and Abel continued by the youngest son of Noah, Cannan and his descendants who were subjected to the tribe of Shem as slaves, and diverse tribal culture and languages began.

Quote, "As the idea of 'race' evolved from the sixteenth century (it was hardly known before) white superiority became 'common sense' in western nations."
Posted by Philo, Sunday, 11 June 2006 1:40:31 PM
My my... what does a bloke have to do to get attention :) and feedback...

*I've just joined the KKK* ? Nah.. haven't done that. But I do hope some of you will give opinions about Aussie identity.

POWER POWER POWER....
But this morning I had a most interesting conversation in person with one of the 2 blokes who hold the balance of power in the NSW upper house, Rev Dr Gordon Moyes, who happened to come to my Church as guest speaker.

He related an interesting incident concerning Redfern and 'The Block'.

He was appointed chair of some committee to deal with Poverty etc and in this capacity aimed his focus on 'The Block'.
Garbage had not been collected, piling up.. Sanitation dept are too scared to send vehicles in.

LIBERAL APPROACH
-'Bulldoze the place and send them to places like Burke etc'

LABOR APPROACH "We are considering our position" ( and has been thus for the past 7 labor governments)

THE CHRISTIAN APPROACH. Gordon challenged the relevant Labor Minister to front up on a saturday in crappy clothes, with a shovel, and he and Dr Moyes would both shovel garbage into wheely bins, and remove it. The minister explained that Saturday was 'inconvenient' and could not attend. Prior to the event, Health dept sent 'sharp disposal' containers to assist. Then the Sanitation dept suddenly found new bravery and sent in trucks to clean up before the event.

... and Jesus took a towel and began washing his disciples feet.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Sunday, 11 June 2006 2:03:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. 22
  11. 23
  12. 24