The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Moral outrage > Comments

Moral outrage : Comments

By Barbara Biggs, published 22/5/2006

For Indigenous people once more it will be our white boots of moral outrage trampling them into the mud.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
AKA. point taken. Sorry i thought you were my old mate who i argue with regarding money to migrants before aboriginal people. It really annoys me because of course they must come first.. i still say we should be making arrangments with all the councils to supply cheap land. they did it in the 60s so why not now. The problem is that no matter how hard they work on the propperties they never get a chance to leave their house to their kids. Ararently the government said they can live it them but not own them. At least thats the case on Palm Island anyway. this stinks. Its an utter discrace. No wonder why many lack pride and interest to do anything. They should be able to pay them off like anybody else. The other thing is we need direct hands on help such as building materials and training . If we stay away from donating to the charitys who take administration costs and give help direct we might get some place.
pity the churches cant roll up their sleeeves instead of passing the plate isnt it.
I mean they send plenty of helpers overeas what about our own.
Posted by Wendy Lewthwaite, Friday, 26 May 2006 1:35:44 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You are on the right track, Barbara, it is forcing our Aborigines to assimilate too quickly that is a big part of the trouble. Rather than ostracising them for not behaving like us whites, or behaving more like dead-beat whites, may be we should be trying to steer them the right way more gently, rather than gaoling so many of them.

Possibly special financial assistance for interested Indigines to study with social scientists, who no doubt could also do with more commonsense dealing with Aboriginal problems.

As one who has had Aboriginals working for him, there has to be a sort of gentle humour involved, rather than using harsh language. Just watch their eyes to guage their feelings which often too quickly show hurt.

We must try to work accordingly.
Posted by bushbred, Sunday, 28 May 2006 6:31:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The things you have said are out of context.
Posted by hfdhh, Saturday, 9 December 2006 10:02:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy