The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > New world order not so new > Comments

New world order not so new : Comments

By Osman Softic, published 27/4/2006

Are predictions of peace on earth little more than utopic fantasy?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
"It is part of islamic tenets as modelled by their prophet mohammad to be aggressive to all non-muslim. Jews (and Christians) according to the Koran are descendents of apes and pigs, i.e., they are subhuman beings, and fair game."
I'm curious to know where you got this from,Coach. From my investigations into Islam, Muslems believe they share a common ancestor with the Jews in Abraham. They believe the Arabs are descended from the first son of Abraham, Ishmael, and the Jews are descended from his second, Isaac.I always thought Islam began with Mohammed, but he considered Islam (literally, Surrender) to be a logical continuation, or evolution of the 'religion of the book' ie Jewish and Christian religions. Indeed, I believe he exhorted his people to be tolerant of the 'children of the book' (christians and Jews) for these reasons.
There is no tenet, no belief, no principle no matter how noble that cannot be subverted or simply used as an excuse for evil, by those unevolved individuals who can never understand what it is that makes us human. Simply the ability to empathise with each other; feel what it is like to be someone or even something else; even and particularly our victims.
Posted by Grim, Friday, 28 April 2006 7:43:47 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Author said:

"Let me make this very clear - what we are also witnessing is the manipulation of Islamic religion and civilisation for confrontational political ends"

..... exactly. Just like the Maoists are seeking to stir up then hijack the popular momentum in Nepal.

In fact, this is the standard tactic of any ideology. In our weaker moments, we Christians are prone to this also. One problem for us though, is that when such activities are subjected to the light of Scripture, they fail dismally to stand up !

"My kindgom is not of this world".. said Jesus

"If anyone would be great among you, let him become sevant of all"

"The first shall be last" "The meek shall inherit the earth"

"When you go to a banquet, do not seek the seat of greatest honour, instead, take the lowest seat"

Coaches point about Islam, has validity. The problem is this, Islam is a Political/Social/Spiritual entity, with all those aspects equally encompassed under the umbrella of 'Submission to Allah'.
It is quite correct to have an 'Islamic' Army, but there is no such thing as a 'Christian' army, only the 'Armed forces of the State'.

Realist would give us 'Nihilism' and survival of the strongest. (watch out for those weak moments bro, the sharks might bite ya :)

Yabby would give us 'moral anarchy' :) "Im-a watchin you boy"

Others would give us 'be nice' with no reason to be so except social/legal consequences.

Peace will elude us as long as we allow our fallen natures, tainted by original sin, to move us to lust after 'The greener grass' or to sell opium to millions of Chinese with the British Army backing you (then goto the synagogue and be 'well spoken of for acts of charity in their community' as the Sassoon family was), or force the Japanese to open their doors for Trade (USA's Commodore Perry), or steam roll indigenous people for the sake of pasture(oops..thats us), or clear the highlands of Scotland for the same reason. (my ancestors copped that)
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 28 April 2006 8:23:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Religion is part of the problem but for different reason then most suspect. As has been mentioned the none religious can kill just as well. The real issue is extremism this notion that your world view is worth imposing on other people. To point were you believe it is okay to kill people to spread the word. We see this is in two forms the week tend to use terror tactics and the strong tend to use economic. There are probably only three ways forward.
1). Continue as we are with small conflicts and the occasional big one, most likely.
2). Mass genocide, kill all your enemies. As history shows this is a never ending task and so if pursued you generally end destroying yourself.
3). The people of the world dissolve national borders and learn to get along based on individual freedom and collective responsibility. This however is the least likely to happen.
Religion is part of the problem but it will die a natural death soon enough because it is not part of the solution. The key is to raise the standard of living of all Earth’s peoples. People fight over resources and the trick will be to share our natural resources more evenly and not tolerate greed at any level.
Posted by Kenny, Friday, 28 April 2006 9:56:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
>>Religion is part of the problem but it will die a natural death soon enough because it is not part of the solution.<<

Kenny you forgot one point: God's plan for His creation - never underestimate that.

Grim,

I’m guessing that you are a genuine “investigator” of islam or you may be a muslim.

In the Qur’an there are two kinds of people: "believers" in Allah and his prophet Mohammad; and the others, the "unbelievers", aka Jews, Christians, idolators, pagans, evildoers, etc… who must burn in hell and be fought by true muslims (believers).

The Qur’anic verses depicting Jews as Pigs and Apes:

The Cow [2.65] And certainly you have known those among you who exceeded the limits of the Sabbath, so We (Allah) said to them: Be (as) apes, despised and hated.

The Dinner Table [5.60] Say: Shall I inform you of (him who is) worse than this in retribution from Allah? (Worse is he) whom Allah has cursed and brought His wrath upon, and of whom He made apes and swine, and he who served the Shaitan; these are worse in place and more erring from the straight path.

The Elevated Places [7.166] Therefore when they revoltingly persisted in what they had been forbidden, We said to them: Be (as) apes, despised and hated.

In the Bible God revealed himself and made a covenant with Abraham, then his sonIsaac, and his son Jacob (Israel). Arabs are indeed the descendents of Ishmael but have no divine inheritance being outside that covenant. The only way back in line with God is through confessing the name of His Son Jesus - The Messiah.

On that notion alone, islam does not follow, complement nor confirm the Scriptures (Bible) and is a false religion held together by fear, intolerence, and reprisals.

I will be glad to discuss any issues you may have with that.
Posted by coach, Friday, 28 April 2006 2:02:13 PM
Religion is simply another excuse to belt the other bloke. War is highly profitable, peace is not.
Humans have been fighting since they have been capable of it, you only have to watch chimpanzees in the wilds to see where we came from.
And their quite nasty natures. Then look at us and our history , our past and our future simply show more of the same.
Posted by mickijo, Friday, 28 April 2006 2:56:59 PM
No peace on earth for you my friends. Peace is boring. I also suspect that it will actually be in the interest of the New World Order to keep a conflict going somewhere. I see some hijacking of the scholarly version of the N.W.O., by the less humanitarian power brokers of the N.W.O.; multinational corporate interests.

I refer you to the recent outsourcing of American manufacturing jobs, and let's not ignore first quarter record profits by an American oil company. Which begs the question, who really profits from war in Iraq?

While Al-Qaeda fights their Jihad with the West. The multinational corporation laughs all the way to the bank. I'm afraid we have only begun to see the horror that will be created by capitalism, unapologetic, and unchecked. That is how the picture is shaping up with respect to multinational corporate interest and the New World Order.

Religion plays right into the hands of this scenario, it is rather easy to manipulate a fundamentalist of any faith as they usually lack imagination..

Utopia, is a pipe dream that will continue to explode in our Western faces.
Posted by Patty Jr. Satanic Feminist, Friday, 28 April 2006 4:16:45 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy