The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > When being a Jew is not kosher and telling a Christian story is heresy > Comments

When being a Jew is not kosher and telling a Christian story is heresy : Comments

By Donna Jacobs Sife, published 31/3/2006

The politically correct public school system is turning its back on our own Judeo-Christian culture.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. 24
  9. Page 25
  10. 26
  11. All
...and I'm just telling.

KRS1 please goto your room and think about what you said...

Blaming God ? good grief. Can you even hear yourself ?

Please, its one thing to 'think' silly thoughts, its another to actually publicize them like you did.

Why do I say 'silly' ? to annoy you ? to mock you ? no way. To educate you !

Your statement tells us more about your 'view of God' , than anythng else mate. Apparently, God makes you pick up your fork and place food on it, and then moves your arm so that it goes into your mouth.. he even wipes your rear end... in other words, 'you' don't exist as a free thinking free acting individual, you are simply an extension of the Almighty, like a 6th finger or something.

You have the scriptures, you have conscience, you have your social upbringing.. and yet when 'you' make a choice to go against ALL that.. "Its Gods fault".

Yes, I am goading you a bit, don't take offense, I'm stirring your juices to get you thinking. Read the Old Testament, see how many times, in just about every chapter there is some reference to people turning to their own way in spite of knowing exactly what God requires.

The books of kings and chronicles are stories about various kings who are assessed in terms of doing or not doing Gods will. "And king so and so did EVIL in the sight of the Lord, following his own ways etc etc"

Bad things are done by people who have a free will.
One of my peers once said "Don't tell me about God...I've been to Vietnam" ..strange..I was also there, and I found the main source of 'evil' was ourselves...humans.. I did not find that the suffering was a result of God but of man going his own greedy way.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Wednesday, 19 April 2006 6:31:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Don't worry Boaz, I'm not stirred. And my view of God is simple- He doesn't exist. Existence is a brief sliver of light between two eternal chasms of darkness. What I'm trying to resolve is the obvious contradictions in the beliefs of those who profess to love Him. If all evil springs from the greed of man, where does the greed come from, if we are created in the image of God himself? Why does your omniscient, omnipotent God tolerate evil? If you were watching the cannibal kill the girl and did nothing, we'd consider you criminallly negligent. So why do you not consider God criminally negligent? And, if God truly does love us, why on earth would he create something like this?-

http://www.dhpe.org/infect/guinea.html
Posted by KRS 1, Thursday, 20 April 2006 4:19:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Donna, I really do hate to be a bore on the subject, but it is three weeks since you wrote the piece, it is clear that you read the comments we have made because you replied under the nym lyrebird, but you have yet to provide any convincing substantiation of the key point you make in the article.

Namely, that in the eyes of the Department of Education "being a Jew is not kosher and telling a Christian story is heresy".

You cited one telephone call from a female as evidence of the department's root-and-branch corruption by political correctness. You choose not to tell us whether this person has any authority in the Department, or whether she was speaking for herself or quoting from regulations - in fact, you have avoided each and every request to provide substance to your claims.

There have been over a hundred responses to your article, indicating that you have tapped into a significant concern that we have - namely, that government departments are taking it upon themselves to micro-manage us in a clearly destructive and offensive manner. It would be a great shame if this turns out to be a massive fuss blown up out of all proportion by a sense of personal aggrievement.

I think you owe us all some clarification, don't you?
Posted by Pericles, Friday, 21 April 2006 1:54:19 PM
KRS-1 you echo a long line of atheist thought. You clearly hate evil and love mankind and if you do great deeds then I might mention your name as a pass to get into Heaven.

I think you know what you're doing, Kieran plainly doesn't. The following is from the great man GK Chesterton. Mostly for Kieran's benefit. I wish you well on your journey, be good for goodness sake. Beware Oklahoma Soul Eater hatred of innocence.

"What the denouncer of dogma really means is not that dogma is bad; rather that dogma is too good to be true. That is, he means that dogma is too liberal to be likely. Dogma gives man too much freedom when it permits him to fall. Dogma gives even God too much freedom when it permits him to die. That is what the intelligent sceptics ought to say; and it is not in the least my intention to deny that there is something to be said for it. They mean that the universe is itself a universal prison; that existence itself is a limitation and a control; and it is not for nothing that they call causation a chain. In a word, they mean quite simply that they cannot believe these things; not in the least that they are unworthy of belief. We say, not lightly but very literally, that the truth has made us free. They say that it makes us so free that it cannot be the truth. To them it is like believing in fairyland to believe in such freedom as we enjoy. It is like believing in men with wings to entertain the fancy of men with wills. It is like accepting a fable about a squirrel in conversation with a mountain to believe in a man who is free to ask or a God who is free to answer. This is a manly and a rational negation for which I for one shall always show respect. But I decline to show any respect for those who first of all clip the wings and cage the squirrel,
Posted by Martin Ibn Warriq, Friday, 21 April 2006 3:02:32 PM
rivet the chains and refuse the freedom, close all the doors of the cosmic prison on us with a clang of eternal iron, tell us that our emancipation is a dream and our dungeon a necessity; and then calmly turn round and tell us they have a freer thought and a more liberal theology. The moral of all this is an old one; that religion is revelation. In other words, it is a vision, and a vision received by faith but it is a vision of reality. The faith consists in a conviction of its reality. That, for example, is the difference between a vision and a day-dream. And that is the difference between religion and mythology. That is the difference between faith and all that fancywork, quite human and more or less healthy, which we considered under the head of mythology. There is something in the reasonable use of the very word vision that implies two things about it; first that it comes very rarely, possibly that it comes only once; and secondly that it probably comes once and for all. A day-dream may come every day. A day-dream may be different every day. It is something more than the difference between telling ghost stories and meeting a ghost."
Posted by Martin Ibn Warriq, Friday, 21 April 2006 3:04:44 PM
perhaps its too late, but I have not been watching the comments and see that pericles is keen to know the source of the event. My understanding is that unless it is within the SRE classes (Special Right of Entry) that is provided for scripture classes at public schools, any mention of God as a performing artist is against school policy.
Posted by lyrebird, Monday, 24 April 2006 11:12:49 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. 24
  9. Page 25
  10. 26
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy