The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > When being a Jew is not kosher and telling a Christian story is heresy > Comments

When being a Jew is not kosher and telling a Christian story is heresy : Comments

By Donna Jacobs Sife, published 31/3/2006

The politically correct public school system is turning its back on our own Judeo-Christian culture.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. Page 26
  10. All
>>My understanding is that unless it is within the SRE classes (Special Right of Entry) that is provided for scripture classes at public schools, any mention of God as a performing artist is against school policy.<<

Thanks for the reply lyrebird, but is your understanding correct?

Does anyone have the answer to whether we are talking here about a written policy, or simply an individual's interpretation of their understanding of the policy?

Is there a reference site, for example, where these rules and regulations are spelled out? So far, I have found nothing on any departmental site - State or Federal - that gives a clue to how this incident came about. The Northern Territory came close, but appear to leave the decisions entirely to the schools, with the general proviso that care should be taken in areas of bad language, sex and drugs

http://www.deet.nt.gov.au/corporate/policies/school_management/sm-09.1.pdf

Nothing at all about God.
Posted by Pericles, Tuesday, 25 April 2006 4:22:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I was sorry to read the response Donna received from the Department of Education. I belong to a Storytelling Guild because I love to hear stories (and occasionally tell). I have listened to many stories from different cultures and religions and some Jewish stories are amongst my favourite. I hate to think that children may miss out on these, or any other stories which contain words of wisdom, wit and which speak to the heart.
Posted by SHAREE, Thursday, 24 May 2007 12:05:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. Page 26
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy