The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Latham's war > Comments

Latham's war : Comments

By Scott Stephens, published 2/2/2006

Scott Stephens examines the demise of Mark Latham and why Australians are so eager to forget him.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Belly,

Have you been on an alternate planet? The drift from the ALP BEGAN WITH BEAZLEY'S FIRST ELECTION LOSS. How many times does this cowardly no-policy excuse for a leader have to loose before you get it?

Please answer about the exodus from the ALP that began with Beazley.
Posted by sunisle, Sunday, 5 February 2006 1:58:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
jkennno: I guess my poor attempt at irony failed: I agree there is little sense of common good any more.

It will probably a committment to human values rather than the economy -and these are not mutually exlusive concepts - that will be a key element of the next political force.

aka sneekeepete
Posted by k durance, Sunday, 5 February 2006 8:06:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sunisle its quite ok to have confedence in your self, do you however think some of it is miss placed?
Extra votes to the greens? not enought surely to stop the train wreck Mark built that gave the senate to Howard.
Surely facts speak for themselves? CONSERVATIVES thrashed us! the combined vote of conservaties won easly.
Boat people weighed against the ALP leave Iraq did too
Maths shows clearly winning two votes by the loss of 3 is no winning plan.
No fear for me in a mainstream winning ALP only that can remove conservative goverment not the greens.
It was and is clear to realists Latham lost the election months before it was held his most outstanding policy? LOVE YOUR CHILDREN!?
Posted by Belly, Monday, 6 February 2006 4:00:14 PM
Never done this before but part 2
Reality is I did not say Kim was todays answer he was however much better than the Crean/Latham surender.
Sunsie you are in the wrong jumper and the wrong team, the ALP is not in any way the radical greens.
Nore are the Australian voters, Bill Shorten is the future of the party a centerist party for a centerist country.
No other path leads to goverment.
Keiting was no Latham history will be kind to him.
Latham? he is history!and my ALP all the better for it.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 6 February 2006 4:12:30 PM
Ah well, the thug is in court again for another episode of violent behaviour.

My husband just said: "I wouldn't mind his (funded by us)$70,000 per year super to sit on my bum - and do minimal housework in his million dollar household. But then, I might sit on my bum, but I wouldn't go around punching up people".

Cheers
Kay
Posted by kalweb, Monday, 6 February 2006 8:30:29 PM
Tell you what Pal if I had been Latham I would have shoved the camera up the Tele mans backside, It is none of his business what a private citzen does,some of you people think that the Murdock press can do no wrong,I think they are a gutless buch of cowards.
Posted by j5o6hn, Monday, 6 February 2006 11:06:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy