The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Paradigm of (t)error > Comments

Paradigm of (t)error : Comments

By Amjid Muhammad, published 22/11/2005

Amjid Muhammad asks whether Australia's terrorist suspects will get a fair trial.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
"terrorism is against Islam"

In your dreams, Amjid. On what planet do you live?

May I quote: "The military expeditions (Ghazawat, literally raid) in which the Messenger personally participated were twenty-six. Some say there were twenty-seven." Tabari IX:118 "The armies and raiding parties sent by the Messenger of Allah between the time he came to Medina and his death (ten years) was forty-eight." Tabari IX:115 (a Hadith). Go read about these attackes on villages and caravans. Mohammed and his gang were especially proud of the raids where they caught the victims by surprise. What do you think happened to these people, Amjid? Have you a clue? Maybe these people deserved torture, death, rape and captivity by the "Messenger of Allah". Are you proud of this? Where were the people like you to point out the fine print in the law to your dear prophet? How disgusting!

Nothing has changed, has it? Why not say it: Terror is the essence of Islam.

Here we have a Muslim who moves to the West and now is lecturing us on Human Rights. Why doesn't he take on his dear friends back in the home country (Pakistan)? Is he aware of the murders, rapes and oppression that happens there, perpetuated by his fellow Muslims on innocent victims.

The fact is western laws are trying to ajust to the new factor of Islamic terror. Our laws were made to judge people accused of crimes - a posteriori - after they happened. Until recently they did not really cover planning and preparing for criminal acts - a priori. This is why it is so hard to prosecute these people accused of planning terror. This makes it easy to make mistakes, and the Islamic extremists are using our laws and tolerance against us.

Yes they will get a fair trial, a lot better than anything in any Islamic country, and may I add a lot better that the two theives that were brutally tortured to death by Amjid's prophet (read verse 261):
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/052.sbt.html.

Radical Muslims kill, moderates make excuses.

So it is.

Kactuz
Posted by kactuz, Tuesday, 22 November 2005 9:42:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Now, Kaktuz. What did the good doctor tell you about taking your pills on time?
Posted by Irfan, Tuesday, 22 November 2005 11:16:01 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
“The verdict on the nine arrested in Melbourne has already been given. It wasn’t their plea, nor was it the conclusion of the judge, but it was the joint proclamation by elements of the government, authorities, the media and the public.”
As a dentist, Amjid Muhammad makes a lousy political and social commentator. He utters the usual platitudes about terrorism being against Islam (so why do others of his faith disagree with him – is there more than one Qu’ran?) and then he immediately criticises would be victims of those arrested and the security organizations who made the arrests possible.

His arrogant reminder to us that all are considered innocent until proved guilty is a real turn off.

He felt a sense of gloating by authorities after the arrests. Perhaps this is because of his and other Muslims’ denials that such people exist in their community could been proven wrong. He also uses the fact that a defence lawyer will say anything, no matter how ridiculous, on behalf of his clients. (Stary’s unfair trial comment) to further his specious argument against the integrity of our judicial system.

The public comments following the arrests are no different from comments made by people and media during any other cases of major interest. The people in question will receive a fair trial, as defendants always do in Australia. Public opinion or the media does not sway our courts.

The good dentist’s “paradigm of prevention” comments result from his “subjectivity”, the same fault he is levelling at his targets. Bringing up the old WMD anecdote, and his obvious opposition to Australia’s part in bringing down a vicious dictator is where he gets really boring and irrelevant.

Here is just another person more concerned with the “civil liberties” of terror suspects than he is with the well being and security of Australia. He and those of his ilk, Muslim and wet left non-Muslim alike, really brown me off.
Posted by Leigh, Tuesday, 22 November 2005 11:38:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"In times where most things are grey..."

There is nothing grey about people blowing themselves up, there is nothing grey about most terrorist acts being performed by muslims today, there is nothing grey about shooting back at police when apprehended, there is nothing grey about disrespecting the law of the land (oh sorry only when it is convenient of course).

Sorry you have no sympathy from me. You should stick to dentistry and let the law of the land that welcomed you take care of the law breakers.
Posted by coach, Tuesday, 22 November 2005 11:40:58 AM
Amjid's proposition is far from outrageous; it merely extends the presumption of innocence offered under our laws.

The vehemnce of the attack on his rather mild statements speak volumes about the states of mind this moemnt of history has given rise to.

These pages are full of latter day Koranic and Islamist history experts; they have scanned the web in search of quotes and examples that allow them to make far reaching generalisations from the particular - I guess we all do it to some degree.

Here we have a clear example of the wild west bushian philosophy of the : "if yer not with yer agin us" kind of thinking. Dangerous and lacking insight that only serves ot box its proponents into a defensive corner; one dimensional folly.

But there are none who hate so much as those who choose to hate. And it is as much the unrestrained hatred that oozes across these pages that represents a clear and present danger to the community as toxic as those who may or may not plot against us.
Posted by sneekeepete, Tuesday, 22 November 2005 12:14:01 PM
"What happened last week was more akin to a hunter showing off his catch. The swoop for the alleged (terrorists) and the parading of the trophy catches was publicised due to an apparent tip-off to the media"

I don't know about others, but i like it when the media shows me the suspected terrorists so that i can hurl abuse at the tv and get my daily dose of two minutes hate. It's really quite therapeutic to let it all out in a burst of rage and then go back to my menial desk job, calm and sedated. Thanks to the media for exposing members of this "underground network of conspirators" dedicated to the overthrow of our precious democracy and freedoms, and thanks for giving me a way to alleviate stress and ensure my mental health!
Posted by Donnie, Tuesday, 22 November 2005 1:19:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy